“Pacaya Semiria”

Amazon Expedition Turismo Sostenible
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Chachapoyas
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour agency dedicated to providing the best experiences possible to our clients so that they leave with unforgetable memories. Our group tours leave daily to the most famous sites in the region such as Kuelap, Karajia, Gocta and Revash but we also provide specialized trekking packages throughout Amazonas and all of Peru that we custom tailor to each of our clients desires. Private tours can also be reserved. Additionally, we have knowledgable and friendly guides that speak in Spanish, English, French and German. Our goal is to focus in sustainible tourism and we do so by working directly with the different communities that surround these amazing tourist sites we visit. We educate and not just spectate at each place so that people begin to truly understand the culture and history that still lives on today.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had done the day trip to Kuelap through this agency and was really happy with them, I knew I wanted to travel towards the jungle but wasn't sure what to do. Manuel was really helpful with his recommendations and helped to facilitate my transition from Chachapoyas. The agency he set me up with in Yurimagyuas were very professional and really friendly and the price was good. Winston (who works in the agency in Yurimaguas) was really helpful and informative, When we arrived in Lagunas we were set up with an EXCELLENT guide (Marciel), the accommodation and food was taken care of for us, and the guides make sure that you're taken care of also. Whilst in the jungle we canoed on the river and saw heaps of animals and birds, we only went for four days, the further you go into the jungle the more varieties of animals , birds and plants you will see. I was really happy with my experience in this reserve, but If I could do it again I would go for longer.

1  Thank Cassandra R

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Acutally, I was looking for the agency that was recommended by lonely planet but then I saw the agency of Amzon Expeditions.

Directly located at the plaza de armas, the agency looked very professional and credible.

I booked the daytrip to the Kuelap Ruines and was very happy with the service. Our guide Manuel Mendoza was excellent and took a lot of time to answer questions. Although the tour is offered in Spanish, I could understand everything really well.

All in all, I would recommend the agency!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I tend to try to do things without a tour but went with Amazon Expeditions to Kuelap since if you're alone it would work out more expensive to arrange yourself, due to having to pay for a guide at the door.

The tour of the ruins itself was very informative and the great guide, Augosto, spoke excellent English for those who didn't speak Spanish. He had a lot of interesting things to point out along the way and we spent about 2.5 hours walking round. I would have liked to wander around unguided a bit more but with the 3-hour journey back to Chachapoyas I understand why we couldn't!

On the way back you stop at a small restaurant for a late lunch. I was worried about the cost and so took sandwiches but regretted this as the food was decent value starting at around S/10 including soup starter and looked very nice!

1  Thank Maija S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Chachapoyas is an up-and-coming tourism destination. However, a lot of the tour agencies still don't operate in a professional manner. Many of the agencies just see you as a gringo from whom they can get money. They don't pay attention to details, they don't care about your personal experience. It's more like herding sheep.

I was so happy with my experiences with Amazon Expedition. I don't know why this wasn't the first agency that I went to because it's so convenient (right on the main plaza next to the mini market). Traveling with them was an experience leagues above every other tour company I tried. Manuel is great. He's full of interesting information and very thorough with planning to ensure that you have the best possible experience. Maybe some people don't care about history or trivia but I was so glad to hear all of the fascinating history of Kuelap. Manuel even stopped the combi on the way back to show us some hidden petroglyphs. Everyone who works there is so friendly and patient (my Spanish is terrible!) and Manuel, Carlos, Jaime, Pedrito and all the other guides are just great people to know.

After amazing experiences at Gocta, Kuelap, and Karajia (and even a few nights out in Chachapoyas), I feel like they became more like friends than tour guides and I would never use any other tour company. Amazon Expedition all the way! See you next time guys!

3  Thank Nathan J
Reviewed 18 December 2013

5 rounds of a trip to discover the magical and mysterious world of chachapoyas with a careful preparation of Manuel! also excellent travel arrangements and support of Charles. talented!!