“a weekend in paradise.....”

Up The Creek Backpackers B&B
Ranked #2 of 10 Roberts Creek B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“a weekend in paradise.....”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I was stuck to find a place to stay for the weekend (last minute), and was told by locals about Up the Creek. I had checked out quite a few B&Bs, overpriced, and not worth the over 100$/night...

But once I came across this little gem, I was hooked! beautiful, quiet, good company and good peoples, great kitchen amenities, a TRAMPOLINE!!, an herb garden, and walking distance to Roberts Creek.....

I will definitely be going back sometime soon!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Van
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Like a home away from home, Up the Creek is cozy and the proprietor, Martin, is very welcoming. In the off season when I visited it was very quiet and peaceful, with the handful of fellow trvellers we met sharing conversation over food and drink in the kitchen or playing games in the lounge. The beds were comfortable, the rooms simple and clean, the lounge (and hottub!) a great place to relax, the nature abundant and accessible by foot. I can't wait to come back with my mountain bike!

Room Tip: Whatever your budget, there's something here for you. Show up with a tent and pay under ten buck...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2013

While my partner had reading week at Uni in the city we took a short working Holiday out here. It was fantastic. We sat in a cozy living room with great work space for the first half of the day, and went for long walks in the woods and on the beach in the afternoons, and soaked our student computer shoulders in the hot tub in the evening. Martin is a super welcoming host, and we felt comfortable and at ease. A perfectly friendly place to come if you are queer.

We will definitely be back, though we hope to leave our work at home so we can go mountain biking instead!

xo A + D

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I've been to Up the Creek a handful of times. It's a great place to come for a weekend from Vancouver, both in winter and in summer. The beach is only a few minutes away, they have bikes that you can use for free. There is a huge backyard, trampoline, hot tub and a fire pit. In the winter, the fireplace keeps the house warm and cozy. It's always clean and well looked after. Martin is friendly and is a great host. This is one of my favourite places in all of BC and plan to go back many times!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I've stayed at Up the Creek many times, by myself, with my young son, and with my former partner. No matter what the occasion, it’s a place I/we go for some refuge and relaxation, for a weekend or even for a night just passing through. Even though it’s easily accessible from Vancouver, it feels half a world away once you’re there. (Were it not for wanting to support it as a business, I would want to keep this fact a well-kept secret.) It’s always warm & friendly, and a place where relaxation is mandatory; you can cozy up next to the fire when it’s cold & wet outside, or lounge on the deck when it’s warm out. It’s also a perfect launching point for all manner of outdoor adventures, or even just to get some fresh air in the forest or down by the ocean. Your host Martin & his son Coulter are the perfect ambassadors for Sunshine Coast hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Art P
Vancouver
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My wife booked the full Up The Creek facility last spring for us and about 15 friends for the Easter Week end. It couldn't have been any better! Martin played his role as the host warm host as usual, having a beer with us once.
Well, do I recommend up the Creek? A thousand times!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We LOVE Up The Creek !!!
My partner David, my son Ben and I are long term customers and now I can also say friends of Up the Creek hostel and Martin. It is like our second home on the Coast.
The house is beautiful, cozy, well equipped and clean. We love to hang out by the fire place during winter days, listen to music and chat with some interesting guests. The location is central and close to the local cafe and other stores and a nice walk to the beach.
Martin’s hospitality and warm welcoming is also one of the main reasons we come back. He is always attentive, happy and accommodating to our needs and the prices are reasonable with respect to the richness of the vacation we enjoy. Whenever we have a question or need of some information Martin is there to share and advice.
We highly recommend Up the Creek!
Hope you enjoy your stay,
Hila & David, Vancouver, BC.

Room Tip: As a family of three we try to book the Ceder room which has quine size bed and a bunk for our son...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 10 in Roberts Creek
Sunshine Lodge Inn
Sunshine Lodge Inn
#2 of 3 in Gibsons

Been to Up The Creek Backpackers B&B? Share your experiences!