Paradise Lakeside Lodges
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubfishon arrivallovely placepark and ridebottle of winemy partnerlong weekendon sitemelbourne armswood viewbox of chocolatesshort drivewet roomlovely touchlovely breakpeace and quiet
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

6 of us stayed here for my hen weekend. The owners where brilliant really welcoming and gave us a bottle of champagne. The lodge PV1 was spotlessly clean and very spacious. The lodge had all the facilities we needed and more like a dishwasher washing machine and DVD player. Very quiet and tranquil surroundings with York City a short taxi ride away. Would highly recommend this lovely lakeside retreat to anyone and would certainly come back again. Thanks for a fantastic weekend!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kirstyuk81
Fiona E, Owner at Paradise Lakeside Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Kirsty

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review for Paradise. So pleased you all had a good hen weekend I hope the wedding goes well and all the best. Kind Regards Fiona

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in lodge number 9, booked it at short notice with my parents. Lodge was pleasantly surprising, nice furnishings, comfy beds!! It's lovely and quiet, no traffic noise. Pub a short drive away if you wanted. The fishing was ok, will be much better once the water warms up. Caught some nice tench and general coarse fish inc a 2 1/2lb perch. Saw some huge carp but they weren't feeding. Lodges are close to lake and you can leave your gear out whilst you go have something to eat. We were also able to leave our gear on the decking during the night with it been remote. Would like to fish slightly later (just after dark) but not all night. Will probably be back in September for my mums birthday! (My parents left their coats by "accident" so had to go back!)

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Mrs_Edwards-7

Dear Mrs Edwards
Really pleased you enjoyed your stay at Paradise. We are always trying to improve the lodges year on year it is good to get a review and see that our work is noticed. I hope we get an Indian summer so the fishing is better when you return in September. Kind Regards Fiona

Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you want a quiet, relaxing holiday this is the place to stay. My husband and I have been going at least twice a year for 7 or 8 years now. We both like to fish so don’t do much else while we are there. The lodges are lovely, a real home from home. We prefer the layout of the water view cabins so always try to book them. Only thing lacking in the lodge is a washer/dryer. The newer lodges have them. Also a bait fridge would be handy, trying to keep bait fresh is a nightmare so requires a few trips to the tackle shop 25mins away. The managers Karen and john are lovely people. Nothing is too much trouble for them. they always make us feel so welcome. The overall appearance of the site is improving every time we go. The plants and trees are lovely john is doing a great job with his planting. don’t know the impact the pods are going to have though. Although the ones already on site fit into the surroundings ok and look cosy it could turn a once peaceful and quiet site into a busy and noisy one. Overall paradise lakeside lodges is an excellent place to stay

Room Tip: all lodges are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sue h
Fiona E, Owner at Paradise Lakeside Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi Thank you for your feedback and we agree with you that the park is peaceful and quiet and we do not intend to turn it into a noisy one. The park does cover 15 acres and subject to planning we intend to have another lake and open up more of the woodland area to accomadate the extra visitors.
The pods are now available to book through the park. As you say they are cosy with a double bed and a bed settee we suggest that they are suitable for maximum accupancy with 2 adults and 2 children. Kind Regards Fiona

Reviewed 4 April 2014

When arriving at Paradise Lodges me and my boyfriend where a bit worried, they were quite in the middle of nowhere and there appeared to be unfinished building work around one of the lakes. However, we were pleasantly surprised when we got the keys to the lodge (Waterview, Lodge 6). It was spotlessly clean inside, with plenty of room, a flat screen TV, good heating and a lovely view of one of the lakes. The bed was so comfortable, we had the best nights sleep!

The lodges are only a short drive from York centre yet far enough away to enjoy the piece and quiet, I loved the pheasants running round and feeding the ducks every morning- if you're in to wildlife you will like it here. The fishing was good if you like that sort of thing, however my boyfriend is a carp angler so it wasn't really for him- even though he still really enjoyed the challenge.

Upon closer exploration the building work appeared to be camping pods, they look like they will be brilliant once the area is finished. If anything could be improved, I think maybe a few new frying pans would be good and the TV in the bedroom could be modernised. Overall though, we had the loveliest stay, if you want to explore York and enjoy a bit of fishing (or in my case, relaxing in peace whilst my partner goes fishing) this is the perfect place for you.

Thanks to the couple that own this place, they are very accommodating and really look after it well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jamie h

Hi Thank you for your constructive feedback. We have changed the frying pans. The TV's in the master bedroom of the lake view accomodation have now been replaced with 22" LED/DVD flat screens. We have a continual upgrade and improvement policy on the park with customer enjoyment being at the top of our list. Kind Regards Fiona

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here in Kingfisher House last week, a very impressive 3 story house over looking one of the two fishing lakes. There were 6 of us, 2 couples, a baby and teenager. There was enough space to spread out and not be in each others way. On the ground floor is the Games Room, well equipped out with cinema screen, pool table and play station. Plenty of dvd's to watch too. I didn't use the shower on this floor as a steam shower but once I had worked out how to use it as a normal shower it worked well, you can play the radio to whilst showering. I did use the spa bath on the 2nd floor, this was lovely, big and spacious with mood lighting too, always plenty of hot water.
The second floor has a balcony over looking the lake as does the 3rd floor bedrooms.
Kitchen and Lounge on the 2nd floor is again well equipped, took me some time to work the cooker out but there is a drawer full of instruction books. If there was one negative point I would like to see a diagram of the light switches in the Lounge, there must be 12 or more and its trial and error which one is which!
All in all we had a lovely pleasant and fun stay with our family. Staff were helpful and friendly. I will definitely go back - Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank linda1407
Fiona E, Owner at Paradise Lakeside Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi
Thank you for your good review. We agree the house is a lovely family residence for families to get together. We will take on board your comments about the light panel.

Kind Regards