Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Highlight of our trip!

Our private tour with Nghia was the highlight of our trip to Vietnam. She organised everything for... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2024
Tiziana P
Culture, Beauty, Exercise ABOVE the Ha Giang Loop

My wife and I had a fantastic experience trekking on a private tour with our guide Nghia and a... read more

Reviewed 29 March 2024
davepT625NS
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews ha giang our tour guide mu cang chai wonderful experience days nights her husband the owner nice days one night splendid job hidden gem beautiful homestay at home an amazing guide hiking trip wonderful tour adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2019

Overall we had an excellent trip. What really makes any trip is the quality of the guide and ours, Mu from the Black Hmong Tribe, was excellent. There were just the two us on the tour so she tailored the trip to what we wanted and were interested in and went at a pace that suited us which enabled us to take all the photos we wanted. Mu's English was very good and spoken without an accent (she learnt by following tours and picked it up all by herself). She told us about how the village people live, what animals they keep and what plants they grow and often pointed out things of interest. The sleeper train was as expected and at the homestays we had meals together with the other guests, which provided a social atmosphere to find out about their travels. The first homestay was high up in the hills (1,600m) where it was a bit chilly at night but the blankets provided kept us warm (March) but the second one right down in the valley was warmer. It was good trekking to the homestays

2  Thank TurnerTowersTravels
nghia b, Manager at Zonitrip - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2019

Hello,

We are glad when received your good feedback, our team is very happy when you were pleased with my service. Your review is very helpful for other travelers will find many experiences via your experience in Vietnam with us. Your satisfaction is our success and gives us a big motivation in our work. I hope that we will have more chance to serve you and your friends in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2019

I did extensive research before planning our trip and looked at multiple tours. We went with Zonitrip's 7 day adventure tour (to Ba Be Lake, Cao Bang/Ban Gioc and Ha Giang) as it included multiple activities that aren't organised by most other tours. This included Kayaking in Ba Be Lake or near Ban Gioc waterfall or cycling to Hua Ma Cave.
There were multiple treks that our guide (Zoey) who took us to village after village that seemed completely off the beaten track. We walked off small tiny pathways will no signs that led further and further into small villages. Often we would be walking in rice paddies and taking various shortcuts.
One great unexpected experience was taking a local villagers suggestion and walking up the top of a small mountain in Phia Thap with magnificent views. it was also Zoeys first time and was well worth the 1hr trek (up & down).
Zonitrip seem to be very knowledgable on where are good places to stay and take in reviews and feedback from many others. Every place we stayed out, we were very happy and preferred the booked accommodation over others in the same village.
Communication with Zonitrip was excellent before the trip had begun and we came to an agreement on which accommodation was suitable for each night and any preferences.
I also told Nghia my plans to propose to my partner with certain specific requests (including organising a bottle of champagne, booking a nice hotel with nice views/roof top in Cao Bang, ensuring private raft/boat in Ban Gioc waterfall etc). This was of course all done (and my partner said 'yes'!).
The best part of the trip was have our Driver (Chu Mi-Anh?) and our guide Zoey. The driver was excellent with 30 years of driving - we felt very safe on the hazardous roads in Ha Giang. As my partner was scared of biking in Ha Giang, we took a private car and she felt incredible safe (unusual for her) and slept on each trip!
Zoey was the best guide ever and our trip was amazing mainly because of her. She was thoughtful and very friendly and she cared for us from start to finish every day. She was very knowledgable on every aspect of the tour - where to stay, guiding treks, available activities, interacting with locals, ordering food, basically everything! We certainly felt that she understood us and accommodated for our needs. Being Vietnamese (from Australia), I understood the interactions and I would certainly recommend her as a guide and also this tour. Best 1 week holiday we've had.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Tuan T
nghia b, Manager at Zonitrip - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2019

Hello Tuan Tran,

I'm glad when received your good feedback, our team is very happy when you were pleased with my service. Your review is very helpful for other travelers will find many experiences via your experience in Vietnam with us.

Reviewed 21 March 2019 via mobile

I chose Zonitrip based on reviews. True enough those reviews didn’t lie. We, seven of us were met at airport, transferred and checked in to Hanoi hotel, had a day city tour, sent to train station bound for Lao Cai, met at Lao Cai and transferred to Sapa. Checked in to Sapa hotel, went for trekking Fansipan, had a day of motorbike tour to Hmong & other hill tribes villages around Sapa, sent back to train Lao Cai station, met by rep very early in the morning, had local street breakfast, checked in to hotel, fetch to airport for departure. In our 5D4N trip we met various staff and representatives at each point of the itinerary but I have yet to meet Nghia. We contact only via email and Messenger. I hope to meet her sometime in the future. The execution of the itineraries was impeccable. I would strongly recommend her to the world.

Hello Adam,

Reviewed 4 March 2019 via mobile

A friend and I did a private tour with Nghia and loved every part of the experience.
Nghia asked that Sueng (I hope the spelling is correct!) join us as she was in training and she was adorable. The trek through the H’mong tiny valley and mountain village tribes was far more moving and beautiful that words and pictures can capture.

Nghia has such a grace to her, introducing herself and us along the way. It was very enjoyable to watch how she engaged with the H’mong people. She is curious and respectful. During one such experience she saw a women sitting in her yard hand paining fabric for a piece of clothing she was making. Nghia asked if we could watch her to which she agreed. She later invited us to try, which proved very difficult for us to do as it was freehand. We were invited to stay for lunch with them which was so kind. We asked to see her other wares. She has a few pieces that she hand sews to sell at market so we were able to purchase them from her directly. Very special moments here.

We stayed at homestays with families along the way. They were wonderful and warm hosts. The accommodations were very comfortable, clean and safe. The meals our hosts served were delusions and very plentiful. I know it was a lot of effort to make our meals vegetarian, which was much appreciated!!!

Our driver Anh was awesome. He was a very safe and experienced driver.... although a very harrowing drive through the MANY switchbacks. He did slow down for us as the ride lift us very queezy. Be sure to bring Gravol and ginger candy!

We were able to experience planting rice, picking tea leaves, shooing cows and chickens from roads and rice field paths, ethic life, breathtaking landscapes and had lots of fun along the way with Nghia, Seung and Anh.

We learned a great sea from Nghia, she truly is remarkable!

Nghia, thank you so much for an experience if a lifetime. If we could give you 10 stars for your hospitality, knowledge and genuine nature we would!

Juanita and I will miss you and your infectious laugh!

1  Thank michellemckitrick

Hello Michelle,

Reviewed 24 February 2019

One of the most remarkable tours I`ve been on.

I`m from Norway, and have for a while been playing with the thought of doing a “motorbike tour in Vietnam”, a country which has fascinated me since I was a child. By searching Google I found the company “Zonitrip” offering different options for such tours. I chose the “9 day motorbike tour in North Vietnam” and was picked up at my hotel in Hanoi by Nghia, the owner of Zonitrip. On each our bike we started the tour from there. Nghia is a nice, service minded, flexible and easy going person, and even from the start, I felt I had known her for my whole life(it was like travelling together with an old friend). A lot of beautiful nature, lake, rivers, rice fields and terraces, mountains, villages, cultures, towns, people, food and fun. Driving on mountain roads and trails, from town to town, village to village and areas with different groups and tribes. Experiencing the villages and its people, how they live, how they produce their food, and also a lot of information and legends about the groups and places(from Nghia). Thank you Nghia, I`ll never forget this tour.

Date of experience: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
nghia b, Manager at Zonitrip - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2019

Hi Geir,

It's so happy when received your good feedback, it made me remember your trip with you so much. Your trip with you was also one of my funniest, most dangerous but most interesting I've been on. You like my dad, my old friends, I also learned a lot from you. I hope to see you again someday.

Wishing you have the health to do more special and crazy things more.

Nghia - Zonitrip