Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$403
eDreamsUS$403
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews isle of skye beautiful hotel hunting lodge views island scotland mainland
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2017

So, I didn't stay here but I stopped in to have dinner. The staff was so warm and welcoming. The lamb and steak were both amazing! The chocolate dessert was one of my favorite desserts I have ever had! Excellent selection of local beer and whiskey.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank traceyj323
Reviewed 8 May 2017

After spotting the hotel from the road driving north and needing a refreshment after a warm hike, we decided to drop in for some lunch with no expectations at all.

The setting was fantastic with views out to sea and also inland towards the jagged cliffs. The hotel itself is as majestic as the scenery.

We managed to get a table outside in the sun and were served very promptly. The lunch menu was limited and pricey. From memory there was a lamb dish that was around £20 and almost all of the dishes were over £12. We had a burger (average) and a club sandwich (slightly better than average) and a couple of (soft) drinks. There was not much change from £30.

We were happy(ish) to pay this for the surroundings, the views, the fact that it was so peaceful and there were probably only about 10 other people eating. The food certainly didn't warrant the price. Maybe a slightly cheaper and more varied lunch menu would attract more people, but then would that ruin the ambience? The price of exclusivity, but quality shouldn't be compromised.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

It amazes me reading some of the reviews by some people in terms of expectation, and reminds me of the Fawlty Towers sketch were he asks the obnoxious lady guest what she would like to see from her hotel window "herds of wilderbeast roaming majestically acrocess the plains?" This is a great hotel, in an amazing setting, great management and staff who can't do enough for you - the food is to die for and the steak is the best I have ever had anywhere.

If you are lucky enough to stay then book the Wallace room with the view over the islands to the mainland it is simply exquisite.

What some people describe as worn and in need of upgrading is surely what we British call "character"; if you want clinically clean and predictable then go and stay in a travel lodge or a Holiday Inn, if you want quality and class then stay here.

As for the price, I see it as reassuringly expensive.

Steve C

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I have never written a review before, but staying at the Flodigarry hotel forced me to do so. I booked the Flodigarry because the rooms and location looked stunning in the pictures. The location is indeed stunning, but the rooms and the service were not. The Flodigarry hotel is such a disappointment in comparison to the rate they charge. When I pay more than 250 pound per night I expect top quality. Which the Flodigarry hotel has not delivered;
- the shower does not work properly. The temperature goes up and down;
- the WiFi is bad;
- the rooms/restaurant are not clean. In the restaurant there are cobwebs. Furthermore, when you are sitting near a window and look down on the windowsill you can see dirt and stuff sticking to the windowsill. The carpet in the room is not clean. When you walk with your bare feet on it, you feel dirt. Furthermore the room either smelled of bacon or smoke;
- the sheets on the bed are worn out. They feel rough;
- the service is OK, but there seems to be some kind of tension amongst the staff;
- the renovation is not done with attention to detail. You see dripped paint, broken flower pots and painting tape on glass doors.

Looking back at our nights at the Flodigarry I feel ripped off. The rooms are simply not worth the money they ask for it. If we were going back to Isle of skye, we would book well in advance so the nice b&b's still have vacancies.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
11  Thank Jilmerel
Reviewed 19 April 2017

There is no doubt that this is a nice hotel building at a lovely spot above the cliffs.

Nevertheless, the prices they charge are extremely overpriced. For the eyewatering rates one would expect a 5-star experience. But that's certainly not the case. The staff is friendly but not truly professionally trained, the furnishing of the rooms has too much Dunelm Mill clutter and the quality of the food is also not matching the price tag.

It would be a wonderful hotel with character if the prices where half, or the service would at least be double.

• Trip type: Travelled with family