“great little place where the Adriatic meets the Ionian”
Review of Joni's Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Himare
Joni's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 39 Himare B&B and Inns
Redding, California
“great little place where the Adriatic meets the Ionian”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I wandered into this hotel while motorcycling through Albania in 2007 and again in 2008. The Joni is a small family run place right on the beach at the edge of town, It has small, no frill spartan rooms, each with a balcony and a small refrigerator. Each time I found my room immaculate. The proprietress will give you a warm welcome, and although her staff does not speak English, she was learning and spoke enough to communicate with her guests. The place has a restaurant/bar attached with a balcony on which guests can enjoy a meal with a fabulous view of the sea. the owner specially fixed me lamb one day when I mentioned that I had been on the coast a month and was desiring something other that seafood.She also fixed me the Albanian cheese stuffed peppers to which i had become addicted by then.Each morning she prepared me a good breakfast of eggs, bread, salty goat cheese and coffee, which I enjoyed on the restaurant balcony. As with many places along the coast, my room was quoted in euros and I paid 15 euros for my single room. the second year the owner was thrilled to see i had returned and she gave me a double room for the same price. You won't find luxury at the joni, but you'll get a clean room at a great price and a great Albanian welcome.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo