“WOW!!!!!”

Kwantu Private Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 1 Sidbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Kwantu game reserve is by far the best game park we've been to and will return again. Food, cleanliness, room quality exceeded our expectations. They even have an electronic toilet seat that heats up and cleans automatically, my wife was blown away.. :)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kwantu Private Game Reserve

Reviewed 6 April 2010

What a lovely surprise! Traveling with 2 young children, I am evry concerned about the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, and at Kwantu's price, just US$250/night, I warned my husband it may not be nice. Boy, was I wrong. The room was brand new, enormous, and lovely. The lodge was gorgeous, open and sunny. The staff was friendly, and kind to our children. The drives in the Land Rover's to and from the meals were fun for the children. The food was absolutely delicious and incredible. I wish we had known about Kwantu since I would have stayed a few more nights. It was very relaxing to have such a wonderful room, bathroom, playroom for the children and such delicious food. I felt the children were very safe running our of my sight (occasionally) here and it was simply lovely. On our game drive we saw Water Buffao and Rhinos and giraffes in the first 30 minutes. The only reason I can see why Kwantu has not become overly popular is that it is alcohol-free since the owner is Muslim. The owner and the staff were lovely to us. With young children, if you can't spend a few days without alcohol, I suspect you have other problems and Kwantu is not for you. We stayed here March 20, 2010 and the pool was being renovated. It was not an issue. This place was divine.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank epimediums
Reviewed 3 December 2009

This was our first visit to Africa. Coming from the U.S.A., Kwantu provided us a unique experience that we will remember fondly. The reserve is in the Eastern Cape area, with soft rolling hills and valleys, in a malaria-free region. We also visited Kruger Park on this trip, and were very glad we had gone to Kwantu first. The guided experience at Kwantu helped us understand what we were seeing as we later drove our rental car around Kruger National Park.

The Kwantu Private Game reserve is about a one-hour drive from Port Elizabeth on the N2. My wife and I stayed three nights, and were taken on game viewing drives each day. On the drives, we saw elephants, wildebeest, springbok, blesbok, giraffes, meerkats, rhinos, zebras, ostriches, and many more. In addition to the drives in Range Rovers about the 23 square mile reserve, we visited several large predator enclosures with lions, tigers, cheetas, and wild dogs. Our driver/ranger was excellent. My wife is handicapped, but the staff provided all the assistance necessary for her to go on the game drives and she had a great time. All the game drives, meals, and activities were included in the rate. Our faces were tired from smiling so much on the game drives! We had a fantastic time!

Our room was large, comfortable, and well-equipped, with a nice view of the countryside. The beds were very comfortable, and the floors were heated, which was nice as we were visiting in the winter. Large flat screen TV, fridge stocked with complimentary beverages. Service was friendly, personal, and at the highest standard.

Meals came in several courses, with limited choices, but all the food was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2009

The game drives were amazing, led by friendly and informative field guides who were willing to answer any and all questions that you may have. Seeing lions, rhino, elephant, buffalo and all the other animals in the wild was a fantastic experience.

The accommodation was superb with beautiful rooms, and brilliant service from the staff who would always do everything they could to ensure your stay is the best it could be. The meals were of an excellent quality, along with the service.

I would definately recommend Kwantu to other travellers, as it was a truly brilliant experience for me.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Kwantu Private Game Reserve is a world-class 5 star Getaway and can be classified as one of the most animal and nature friendly game reserves. Kwantu offers the most divine, mouth watering, five course cuisine. It is an ideal place which is equipped with muslim facilities. The magnificent hotel boasts luxury, relaxation and tranquility.

Kwantu differs from other game reserves as they take getting in touch with nature and wild life to another level, everyone has the opportunity to experience the real Africa. The highlight of out trip was playing with the most adorable lion and Bengal tiger cubs... an unforgetable experience!
The feline cubs are hand reared before being released into the wild... this is a great opportuninty for guests to experience these lovable cats and for the growth and nourishment of these cubs as they are fed kitty milk, which is creamy and rich in nutrients.

We'll definitely visit Kwantu again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Anonymous024
Reviewed 10 June 2009

After a lengthy, busy and stressful first quarter of the year I needed to get away from the City, noise, work and all that - escape if you will... and also spend some quality time with the girlfriend... She loved the thoughts of the idea and after some research insisted we go to Kwantu (She thought the halaal/alcohol-free environment was a clincher, a good detox from our everyday lives)

We also ensured we booked transfers to and from PE, so we REALLY had no responsibilities except packing our bags....

After a short trip from PE we arrived at the Reserve, and were given a short tour of the facilities before we were shown to our rooms where our luggage was ready waiting for us.... From the second, we stepped into the room we just knew that this was going to be one of those trips to remember - (and with the girlfriend beaming from ear to ear, one even began to believe it truly would-be stress free)...

The rooms were spacious, luxurious, and rival any hotel I have seen thus far. The meals were top draw (even tried to sneak a couple of recipes for the Mrs)... and then there were the animals! Game drives are fantastic, and the Predator Camp was an interesting informartive addition to the normal game reserve do.... (And it's official - in a previous Iife I must have been a Bengal Tiger! Gorgeous animals!!))

All in all it was a truly amazing stay, and an ideal getaway for couples.

But I would be amiss if I didn't speak of the service... From the hotel receptionist, to the restaurant manager, to the game rangers - Unsurpassed.

I really do doff my cap at this establishment - I just sit counting down until my next sojourn... Truly an unforgettable experience...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m_siwisa
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Excellent rooms and facilities, but the game drives were disappointing. The Big Cats are all in enclosures so more like seeing them in the zoo. Rangers were not fully up to speed and hence wasnt too educational. Elephant Sanctuary was good fun. Food very good. Good 1 night break

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ZMR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidbury
Kichaka Luxury Game Lodge
#1 of 3 in Amakhala Game Reserve
Bukela Game Lodge
Bukela Game Lodge
#5 of 7 in Amakhala Game Reserve

Been to Kwantu Private Game Reserve? Share your experiences!