Hotel Puerto Juan Montiel, SPA & Base Nautica
US$63
US$59
Hotel Mayari(Aguilas)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom suitenice hotelbottle of cavaa bit tiredhour transferbuffet stylehotel is situatedaverage hotelminute strollnice bathroomsea frontindoor and outdoor poolsother guestswould stay againalicante airportout of seasonwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First impressions were good, great location, overlooking the beach. Took us 45 minutes to check in though, and the staff didnt speak very good English. Rooms were lovely, very large, good wardrobe space, lovely bathroom and shower, lovely and warm. Beds very comfortable. Lovely views, even a telephone in the toilet!!! Another added luxury was the huge magnifying make up/shaving mirror on the wall, as had just had an eye operation and couldnt see very well. Hairdryer, shower gel, shampoo etc, though no hairconditioner. Plenty of towels. Very clean rooms , lovely cosy lighting and a TV. Though no kettle or tea/coffee facilities, so you need to take your own! Though 2 bottles of water were provided. The biggest disappointment was the situation at breakfast? Not much direction or help on what was available and where for the buffet style breakfast . No signs . Had to wander round and suss out for yourself. The waiter brought the tea coffee facilities to the table, but we had no milk jug, as was forgotten, and we could not raise the attention of any staff, so had to drink black tea!! All in all, apart from the breakfast time, and the lack of service and direction .... a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Business trip. Great comfort. Beachside location with an excellent esplanade. Great breakfast served from 8 as a holiday hotel but they obliged us with breakfast box to pick up earlier when we had an early start. I like hotels that offer access to safe walking/running routes to keep active while on work trips and this place satisfied well.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights at this resort as part of our Murcia region trip. We enjoyed our stay and the facilities were good. It is important to remember that it is a 4 star resort in Spain and not a massive resort. It has 2 pools (indoor and outdoor) which are open from 11am-8pm straight through the day. There are loads of activities that they offer such as boating, kayaking, mini golf and paddle but we focused on the beach and pool.

We took the bus from Cartagena so we arrived at the bus station which is quite a ways from the hotel. At the tourist info we found out that there is a public bus that stops at the hotel. My husband and I decided however to give walking a chance as we wanted to see some of the main part of town because we knew we wouldn´t be walking back to see it once we got to the resort. It is about a 45 min walk. The town itself was bubbling with loads of Spanish tourists which we were quite pleased about. Loads of families! This is a place to bring children, they will be very much accepted anywhere.

The hotel had many families with children which was not a problem for us. Other then the public spaces you would never know they were there. The rooms were quiet unless you opened the window. The a/c was very good and the facilities were good in the room. We took up the breakfast option because we didn´t know what would be around us that would offer breakfast. It is worth it, as it a very large buffet. For lunch and dinner we walked down the beach about 15 mins and found plenty of delicious food options. The menus in some restaurants were in English, German and French however you will need Spanish as the waiters do not speak much if any of those languages. We both speak Spanish. Also when you go into a very busy restaurant it can be overwhelming with people flitting around from one place to another, key thing to make your presence known to someone on the staff and they will point you to the person who is doing the seating. There is a method to the chaos :)

Overall a very good stay at this hotel, we would come back again as we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frijolitauk
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were travelling from Cordoba to Cartagena - my husband and I enjoyed a day and night recently at this hotel, helped by the most perfect April weather. We had an enormous suite at an excellent price. It was extremely comfortable but you need to remember to bring your own tea making kettle, which were not provided. They do have wi-fi which you need to plug direct into your laptop – in the reception area you can just pick-up the signal.
We didn’t eat supper here as decided to eat out it is 5 mins by car to the town centre, or a 20 min walk along the seafront - the buffet breakfast was fine.
We found very little to do in Aguilas, but it was off season so maybe there is more in the summer. Would recommend this lovely place overall very good value for our money.

Room Tip: On arrival were given one price - I said I thought it was too expensive, the lady at reception said that they had a special offer on and was given our lovely room for 40 euros for 1 night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights with my children last summer. The hotel was nice, everything was clean and in good condition.

We had breakfast at the buffet. I thought it was great at the time, but now that I have been to a five-star resort in Mexico, I can see how it wouldn't exactly knock everyone's socks off. But I enjoyed it and so did the kids.

The pool was very nice.

My main problem with this hotel was that it was so far from the town. We arrived and departed by train, and good grief, was it ever far. Also, just strolling in the evening to a nearby restaurant was quite a hike. For that reason alone, I would think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family