“An oasis in suburbia”
Review of Exley House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nedlands
Exley House B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Nedlands B&B and Inns
Aussie in OZ
“An oasis in suburbia”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I have just spent 4 nights at Exley House and it is so much more than a B n B. We were very lucky in that we were the only visitors and it may be different if sharing with strangers. We basically had a spotless character home with sweeping verandahs to ourselves as the entrance is completely private. When we arrived I was surprised at how close it was to a major highway but once inside the traffic noise was not at all intrusive. The location meant that it was very handy to the shops and the local cinema with the gorgeous Swan River not too far away. The gardens are glorious and made a perfect place to sit and read in the sunshine. Purely at a personal level, I found the bed to be very firm but others may love it. The bath towels were thick and luxurious and toiletries plentiful. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious and Nola was the perfect non intrusive host.

Room Tip: If you want an ensuite you need to ask for it. The bathroom for the other room was splendid with a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Esperance, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I chose Exley House because it was close to the medical centre I had to go to and I wasn't looking forward to that trip to the city, but as soon as I arrived at the B&B I completely relaxed. The house is beautiful, spacious, very private, and so quiet. The bathroom looks like something out of a luxurious castle. The breakfast is amazing, there's plenty and it's delicious! And it's so close to shops and restaurants. If I have to go to Perth again I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank stefcarpenter
Pingelly
Reviewed 27 June 2013

WOW..... What a find - I only wish we had found this accommodation years ago! A lovely and very comfortable B & B accommodation in Nedlands. All of the required needs when you are away from home - wonderful hosts, great bed and privacy galore. Close to a delicious Indian restaurant. It really was a terrific experience - in fact our first B&B experience - will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beambine6308
Sydney
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Exley House on a quick business trip to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. I chose to stay because it was walking distance from the hospital, but I'll be back because it is the best accommodation I have stayed in in Perth by a long shot!

Nola and Kim are kind and professional hosts. They respect your privacy and after running the B&B for over 10 years, they have thought of everything a guest could need (except an iPhone dock... hint hint :p). The beds are comfy, and there is a TV, fridge, and tea/coffee facilities in the bedroom. The huge separate lounge room is perfect for relaxing when it's cold, while the veranda is there for warmer weather. There is a big bathroom with a luxurious bathtub and unlimited bubbles!

Breakfast is huge and delicious. It includes juice, cereal, yoghurt, toast and preserves, as well as a hot course cooked to order.

At the moment Exley House only accommodates one guest/couple at a time as they are renovating an en-suite on the second room. If you get in quick you're guaranteed a very luxurious and private stay with the entire guest wing of the house to yourself!

I could go on and on about this place, but I guess the best review I can give is to say that I will be going back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank b888
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed for 3 nights.Welcoming hosts.Lovely home with great perod pieces.Substantial breakfast.Private garden to sit out and relax.Close to shops and transport.Would not hesitate to reccomend to friends.

Room Tip: Wen we stayed we were the only ones.I would recommend you check before hand if you wish privacy.As y...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moira66
Co.Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

The proprietors, Nola & Jim, were superb hosts- charming, considerate, courteous and helpful.

The accomodation is first-class. We had a lovely bedroom with access to a veranda overlooking the well-maintained garden. There was exclusive access to a delightful and large siting room which was well equipped. Adjacent the sitting room was the bathroom, toilet and laundry room.

Breakfast was excellent with a choice of home cooked options. Any of the choices we made were delicious; in particular Nola's own-recipe porridge was fabulous.

Although Exley House is situated in Nedlands to the west of Perth, it is very easy to get to the city via public transport. The bus stop is a five-minute walk from the B&B.
We stayed here since we were visiting our daughter who was staying in Cottesloe. However, it would greatly suit anyone who was visiting Perth.
There are plenty of restaurants in the area.

Overall, this B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed at Exley House with a friend recently, and could not have been more happy with it. The location was excellent for us (just down from the University of Western Australia), with eating places nearby and good transport links. The tariff was very reasonable by Perth standards (which are unbelievably expensive). And most importantly, the accommodation was awesome.

Our host, Nola, was so accommodating and friendly - just one of those people who is born to be a host and thinks of all the little things that will make a visit that extra bit nice (right down to making us a cup of tea and serving us very good biscuits when we arrived bedraggled after a long flight). The rooms were delightful - beautifully decorated, immaculately clean, and with all mod cons, including a fridge. The bathroom was lovely too (and yes, it does have a shower if you aren't sure from the advertising - although the clawfoot bath is well worth checking out!). The breakfasts were also fantastic - very high quality, and a really nice menu to choose from as well as an excellent continental breakfast to have instead of (or alongside) the cooked food.

Unfortunately, we arrived during some very unseasonable bad weather, but for better weather, there's also a lovely verandah to sit out on and enjoy the gardens.

It was just all round a brilliant stay, and really made our trip. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I ever return to Perth - highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nedlands
West Perth
Kings Park Motel
#1 of 1 in Shenton Park
Trinity on Hampden
#9 of 14 in Perth

Been to Exley House B&B? Share your experiences!