Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Briar Court Hotel(Huddersfield)
Edgerton Hotel(Huddersfield)
Cambridge Hotel(Huddersfield)
1,187 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiespool and gymevening mealtrouser pressbit datedgroupon dealtwin roomwaiting staffironing boardcouldn't faultplenty of parkingcooked breakfastfull englishweddingmotorwayhalifaxhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The website looked good and they had a gym and pool so was looking forward to a decent place to stay for the night whilst away with work.

Arrived and the main area wasnt too bad on first observation.

Went to out rooms which were a long way from the reception.

The decor of the hotel is very dated, tired and in need of a renovation.

We went to the gym, small compact and not very clean.

The pool we decided to give a miss after the sign pointed out that any bodily fluids found in the pool would be charged lol this was a classic.

The bedroom was large and a good size but so dated and tired.

We went to the restaurant placed our order for our meal and waited, we waited and we waited, we were waiting 40 minutes later we flagged down a waitress who said they were experiencing issues in the kitchen and there would be a delay.

I cancelled my meal as by now we had waited an hour and were told would be another 30-40 minutes.

We asked for more drinks, we waited and they didnt come nor did the bread.

We asked the waitress who said the bread was now not free as I cancelled my main meal - we said no problem we just want bread. It was only about £2.00 but based on the delay think bread and drinks should have been offered.

To cut long story short, the bread did eventually come along with yellow butter, my colleagues meal came much later and was awful. The meals of other hungry diners also looked pretty poor.

The service was dire and they needed to have a manager or someone who was organising the waiting/ kitchen staff.

Would never return to this hotel as is needs a total refurbishment and the customer service was awful, plus dining experience was awful but great if you are dieting.

We did raise when we checked out and got no response.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear soliver1976,

It is disappointing to read about your experience at the hotel, I am truly sorry that the team and I let you down whilst you were staying with us. If you had of spoken with our duty manager at the time, this would have allowed us an oppourtunity to deal with the issues you experienced and resolve them immediately.

We are currently in the middle of a rolling refurbishment programme at the hotel, with the first phase of guest rooms now completed, we have now commenced the refurbishment works in our next guest rooms.

I have shared your feedback with the entire management team and we have used this to make improvements for the benefit of our future guests.

I do hope that you will allow us a second chance when your travels next bring you to the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I e-mailed Cedar Court after our recent stay, as I wanted to give them the opportunity to address the points I raised (after 2 weeks I haven't received a response, so here is my review!)

Prior to staying I e-mailed the hotel asking some questions such as if parking was free (it is, which is good) and I asked for the 'best price' I received a prompt e-mail back saying the best price was £69, however, after some googling, I managed to book direct with 'booking.com' for £65 - so the hotel weren't offering me the best price!

We had very mixed feelings about our recent one night stay at Cedar Court.

The check in staff were very friendly and answered the questions we had.

The Wi-Fi is free and we had a great signal in the room, we were given a code each and used it with no problem on phone and I-pad.

We used the swimming pool, this however, was truly spoilt by the very loud lady who was giving children swimming lessons. She had free run of the whole pool and were unable to get in the pool, so we initially stayed in the hot tub, but her instructions (from one end of the pool to the other) were so loud we were unable to relax. Other hotel guests arrived and they went in the steam room (I heard them say they would wait until we got out of the hot tub and then they would get in) an elderly gentleman (hotel guest) sat in his trunks on the chairs at the side, presumably waiting for the lesson to finish. The lady kept telling the two boys she was coaching, 15 minutes, 10 minutes to go, 5 minutes to go, so we were all looking forward to her getting out..... and she had another lesson! At this point I did get in the pool and she moved over so she took up perhaps 3/4 of the pool, but the loudness of her meant it was hard to relax and enjoy my swim. I did complain to the lady at the reception in the leisure area and she reassured me she would mention it, but it was too late by this point as we were out and changed and only staying for one night.

The area around the hot tub could do with a wipe down too as it wasn't the cleanest.

The bed room was spacious, yet a little tired, but adequate, although way, way too hot! we had the smallest fan ever which didn't do a great deal. Tea and coffee making facilities were adequate (no biscuits though) The room had lots of scuffs out of the wall and the net curtain had marks on and cords hanging down.

Walls must be quite thin as we could hear a nearby couple 'enjoying themselves!'

The hotel lift was welcome and we never had to wait for it.

The restaurant staff during the evening meal were really helpful (despite us having to wait a long time for our food to arrive, it was however, worth the wait as it was freshly cooked and tasty) The menu was an eclectic mix of dishes but we both found things we fancied. The drinks were reasonably priced and a good selection was available.

The breakfast was the best we have had in a long time, fresh and a wide, wide variety of fruit, yogurt, cheeses, breads, pastries etc as well as fruit juices and smoothies.

The bathroom was well appointed, the shower was powerful and the bath was big. However, the grout was dirty and mouldy.

Overall our stay was a little disappointing and all the things that disappointed us were avoidable which is a shame.

Room Tip: Our room was hot!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VFranklin

Dear VFranklin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the hotel.

I am somewhat confused as to your comments about the email that you sent to us following your stay, as I believe that our deputy manager has been in correspondance with yourself.

I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and that our restaurant exceeded your expectations, I was delighted to read that the breakfast was the best you'd had in a long time.

We have taken onboard your feedback in regards to the instructor teaching the children's swimming lessons and this has now been addressed by our leisure manager.

The issues that you have mentioned in regards to your bedroom and bathroom are disappointing to read and I have shared your comments with the housekeeping team. However I am delighted to advise that this particular bedroom is undergoing refurbishment within the next two weeks and will be fully redecorated.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My son had his wedding at cedar court hotel in Huddersfield yesterday and the bride and groom along with all their family & friends had a wonderful day mainly thanks to all the staff who provided a spectacular service

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear timmyBradford,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your son & daughter in law's wedding day at the hotel.

We are delighted to read your comments and I will ensure that your praise is fed back to all the team whom worked on Saturday.

We hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

What a great hotel for us with our dog and me with a broken ankle. 24hr room service, excellent supper and a reasonably priced bottle of wine in the room. Plus you couldn't find more friendly and willing staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GINNIELincolnshire,

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall ensure that your comments about the team are fed back to all departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Yorkshire.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed here with my family to attend a function at a nearby venue. The rooms were shabby (torn wallpaper, filthy windows, bedroom door that didnt close properly, same with the window ) and in need of a good make over however the linens and the bathroom were clean. The third bed in the family room was a lumpy camp bed !! Breakfast wasn't included in the rate we had booked, so we decided to add this when checking in .. And we wished we hadn't. The cost was £10 per adult and £5 for a child (which we felt was a bit much for a 4 year old especially when many hotels do not charge for child's breakfast when an adults breakfast is bought) the service at breakfast was non exisistent. When the lady finally decided to acknowledge us, she gave us a table where another member of staff was cleaning glasses and cultelry ! She never bothered to point out that it was a help yourself buffet breakfast or where any of the things were located. The quality of the food on the hot buffet was terrible and a queue developed as their was no eggs of any variety available or tomatoes. The bread basket was also empty. I would certainly never recommend staying at this hotel and really wonder how it is 4 star.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GillA10
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear GillA10,

I am sorry that you felt disappointed with your stay at the hotel.

I have shared your feedback in regards to your breakfast with our food and beverage team and they have used this to ensure that improvements are made.

I do hope that you will stay at the hotel in the future, as I'm sure that we can change your opinion of the hotel.