“Good food and good service”
Review of The Glynne Arms

The Glynne Arms
Reserve with TopTable
The Glynne Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Hawarden
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

4 of us ate here on a Friday night and we all enjoyed the meal.I had the seafood starter followed by the lemon sole and the cheese board and a glass of port.The food was good value for money and along with the efficient service it made for a good evening.My only concern would be if the restaurant was very busy it might be a bit noisy as the floor was wooden,but it wouldn’t stop me returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited today without a reservation and initially it was quiet but soon filled up. We ordered the belly pork with apple crackling and the Buffalo chicken thighs as starters, both were lovely but were only wrap not hot. For mains we ordered the Fish & Chips and the Sunday roast, the fish was really nice with a crispy batter and no grease at all but the chips were nothing special. For the roast I chose the mixed meat and got Beef, Pork & Chicken all were delicious and the veg was lovely too. The only disappointment was the roast potatoes needed a few minutes longer but the veg more than made up for it and the portion size of this meal would easily have done two people.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

The curry tasted lovely. Really liked the Bombay mix salsa on the side. Would have preferred my dinner to come on a plate rather than a board as I felt it was difficult to eat the curry and mix it with the rice. Good value for money. Found the room a little chilly. Service a little slow but there were short staffed so understandable

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We ate here at the weekend and I wish I had read the reviews beforehand as the food was just ok nothing to really moan about but not to rave about either. There were lots of black on the very anaemic looking chips and the blackest one having been plonked on the top and I don’t know if it’s a fancy way of serving a red onion but it just seemed lazy to me and a pain to cut out and eat. We liked the atmosphere and the staff I thought were exceptional. I am allergic to dogs but not against them in pubs though but it would be handy to let people know they are allowed in as if I took an anti-histamine beforehand I would have been fine to sit in the bar area afterwards.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff, its busy best to book a table. We had the 3 meat sunday roast which was very nice.