“Perfect... could not have wished for better!”
Review of The Coach House

The Coach House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hawarden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay in this little gorgeous little ''gem'' (words used by previous trippers that i could not resist in reiterating). We stayed in the cottage which is a perfect home from home with the extra luxury of a magnificent roll top bath!! Three lovely bedrooms, living room, kitchen with all mod cons, obviously a great deal of thought has gone into the layout, outstanding. Perfectly clean with some lovely little touches my partner and our three girls fell in love with... we really didn't want to leave. The owner Claire is more than helpful and made us very welcome.. don't worry about a thing, this place is the bees-an-ees as far as we are concerned and there is no doubt we will return. Set in a beautiful village with the Gladstone Library two minutes walk away which is well worth visiting, all five of us were in awe at the history and amazing feeling we got in the stunning building. We ate in two of the pubs in the village The Glynne Arms and The Fox & Grapes, both delicious, all five of us were more than happy. 15 minute drive to Chester Zoo which was a wonderful day. All in all a little treasure of a place!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lizzyloo1967

Reviewed 8 January 2011

We stayed at in The Coach House at the beginning of December for Christmas shopping at Cheshire Oaks and to visit friends nearby. I found The Coach House on the net and we really weren't looking for anything other than a bed for the night.
Having travelled over from Leeds we were delayed shopping and arrived nearly 2 hrs later than the check-in time we have specified. There was no problem at all. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and we were throughly showed round the extensive accommodation. We were lucky that we had exclusive use of the communal areas. Essentially there are 3 rooms in the annex with a spiral staircase into the lounge with a separate large kitchen.
Everything is very tastefully & beautifully decorated thoughout. it is also immaculately clean with a well stocked kitchen for a self prepared breakfast. It was very quiet, very comfortable and we almost wished we could have stayed in the cosy lounge on the large leather sofas with Sky TV and cups of tea rather than go out!
I genuninely had no complaints at all. We will definitely be staying here again when we are in the area and we have already recomended The Coach House to our friends we were visiting.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trx
Reviewed 25 July 2010

If your sat reading these reviews wondering weather or not to book it , don't waste any more time, just do it. Wonderful accommodation, wonderful hosts, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My daughter and I stayed here for one night. Lovely accommodation in the heart of the village. Our room was very tastefully furnished but a bit cramped due to the attic celings. One item missing from the room - a mirror. The owner is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mocarrollBelfast
Reviewed 19 June 2010

All I want to say is wow! My husband and I have just come back from The Coach House after staying there for a week and we are already missing our 'home'! We were in the area for my husband's work training so while he was working I spent my days relaxing in the house and exploring the nearby area. The Coach House is attached to Claire & John's family home and has 3 double bedrooms, one with an ensuite, a large bathroom with a double shower and a massive claw footed bath tub, a very relaxing lounge with a library and tv with a full sky package and a fully equipped kitchen. It also has an outside dining area and free internet access. Claire provides food in the fridge and cupboards for a continental breakfast and you just help yourself when you're hungry. Breakfast foods/drinks provided are White & Brown Bread, Croissants, Butter & Jam, Yoghurts, Fresh Fruit, Fruit Juice, Milk, Tea, Coffee, Sugar and Biscuits :-) Lovely!! We spent the first couple of nights in the largest room with the ensuite and the last 3 nights in the smallest double room...we had booked the smallest room but as Claire didn't have anyone staying in the biggest room until our 3rd night she kindly let us stay in there. Both rooms were very comfortable and we decided that rather than using the shower in the ensuite we would use the bath as it was so relaxing and big enough for 2! Overall the house is relaxing, very clean, light and airy and the decor is traditional with a modern twist.
The village of Hawarden where the house is has a variety of amenities including a Brasserie, 2 Pubs, a Cafe, an Antique Homeware shop, a Chocolate and Ice Cream shop, a Grocery shop with a Post Office attached and down the road is a Farm Shop with lots of goodies. Hawarden also has a historical library with a cafe and a large country walk with ruins of the old Hawarden Castle. The village is also very close to an outlet centre with a Tesco superstore and shops like Next, BHS, WH Smith, Topshop, Thomas Cook, Asda Homeware and ideal for exploring places like Chester, Liverpool, Llandauno. Would love to come back here with my family and hire out the whole of the Coach House for a week.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmugMarrieds20_04_06
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The coach house is lovely.Stayed in many B & B's an hotels and this is up there with the best.It has been recently renovated so all the rooms are modern and tastefully decorated.Guests also have use of a small lounge and kitchen, and although we were only there for one night it would be an excellent place to stay for longer to expore north wales.Also its very reasonably priced for what you get.All in loved it and will definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondie_ginger
Reviewed 22 November 2007

The Coach House is quite simply superb. I was on a business trip and was recommended it by the pub a few doors away (Fox & Grapes, good food by the way). Now I have stayed in a lot of hotels, b&b's, flats etc. on my many away trips both in the UK and Europe and this is honestly unbeatable.

The price was extremely cheap for what we we got (2 of us on the trip)
and the welcome and hospitality were second to none.

The Coach House is just set off the main road but it is quiet, I am a light sleeper and had a full nights kip. The accommodation is an annexe to the main house where the family live and is self contained. You have your own front door, kitchen, living room (2 sofas, SKY and plenty of books) and 3 double bedrooms which are up a spiral staircase
from the living room. The beds are extremely comfortable (well I can only vouch for mine and my business partner was of the same opinion of
his). 2 share a bathroom and 1 is ensuite. The bathroom is very well equipped with a huge shower and large claw footed bath. Most families will not have a bathroom this size and luxurious in their own homes.

I have to say that the accommodation has been converted to a very high
standard and they have not scrimped on quality.

The kitchen was even stocked with bread, orange juice, milk, hob nob biscuits, tea and coffee! (and it's got a dishwasher)

Oh and I managed to muck the Sky tv up so while they fixed it they gave up their own living room and tv for us!

So what was the price? £25 per night or £30 for the ensuite!!!!!

Incredible value. It's worth more and they have just started so if it is a tenner extra in the future it is still well worth every penny.

I do not know if they do breakfast as we were leaving at 6am but the kitchen that you have (cutlery, pans etc. included) is equipped enough
to knock up your own which is what we did.

If I am ever in the area within a 20 mile radius I will definitely be staying there again. Why spend £50-60 to be in a soulless Travelodge or Holiday Inn?

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank BelgraviaFineArt

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!