“Absolutely delicious!”

The Lemon Meringue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just superb! I'd agree with the other reviewers who said their food was piping hot, which is such a contrast from the last time I ate out, in Skipton. I ordered steak pie, having seen another customer tuck into theirs, while my wife had quiche. Real gravy that's never been anywhere near a tub of Bisto, big chunks of completely gristle-free, tender meat and lovely crusty pastry. The service was very quick, extremely friendly and attentive. I simply can't fault the place and will very definitely be back, very soon!

There are newer reviews for The Lemon Meringue

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went in mid morning looking for tea and a snack. The waitress just pointed up towards the uninviting cakes no menu was offered (even though we later heard locals ordering tea cakes and bacon sandwiches we were not offered them) We had scones with butter (no jam offered) which were not fresh and tea. The tables were very sticky and the service unfriendly.
Certainly did not live up to the reviews and I would not visit again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited Pateley again over Easter and called in the Lemon Meringue for a Sunday Roast . Once again you can't fault the meals or the service which is always excellent, but I agree with the previous reviewer who said their meal was piping hot. Ours was so hot we had to let it cool down a bit before we could get near it, I've seen stuff come out of Hospital operating theatre sterilising units that were cooler than the crockery ! The food really is home made and even though we like to try different places to eat, we usually end up in the Lemon Meringue because it's just so nice.

1  Thank Tigerman579
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We arrived at Pateley Bridge looking for a cafe, all we wanted was coffee and cake.
Four large Yorkshire puddings, sausages, onion gravy and vegetables suddenly became a more appealing option! This little cafe is a gem of a place. Excellent home cooked food, friendly staff who all had a smile for us. Please go here even if you just want a coffee, I guarantee you will order something you didn't intend to. Love it!

1  Thank 120jenny
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have been going to this cafe for many years, it used to be called 'Barbaras', always been a good little cafe but now it is better than ever! So good that we often do a 10 to 12 mile detour to get a meal there.

1  Thank chadd2