“Didn't stay in hotel but we definitely will. .......”
Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I selected the Yorke Arms for our first experience of Michelin star food. It was truly amazing. The location is not in the hustle and bustle but that only adds to it's charm. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The staff were great. Really polite and helpful not to mention efficient and professional. We were shown to our table, our drink orders taken and a platter of parmesan tarts and homemade crisps presented whilst we chose our meals. This was then replaced by our amuse bouche and five varieties of mini bread loaves fresh from the oven. These were all 'to-die-for' in our opinion until the food arrived and surpassed our expectations again. From start to finish this was a great experience and we would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Stevemelhuish

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This has become something of a place of pilgrimage for my wife and I to regularly enjoy Frances Atkins superb food. We're never disappointed and the impeccable service and fabulous wine list match the food. In the winter it's atmospheric with crackling wood fires, in the summer you can enjoy the beautiful garden (a river runs through it) and the surrounding Dales. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had an overnight stay for my husband's birthday celebration.
Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, but with a couple of niggles.
I would question the grading of the rooms. We had a superior room and our daughter had a classic double. Our room was on the ground floor and very exposed to passers-by, which I didn't like! And the classic room had a larger, lighter bathroom. On balance, i would have preferred the cheaper room.
Regarding dinner - it was super! Unfortunately I didn't like the vegetarian main course which was on the menu that evening, so the member of staff went to consult with the chef and I was offered a lovely alternative by Frances - much appreciated! The food was wonderful, my husband's birthday was acknowledged and the service that evening very good. However the ambience is very "country pub". It suited us, as food quality is paramount, but don't expect a "grand" dining room.
My other niggle was at breakfast. The fruit and cereal selection was mediocre compared to comparable establishments and the feeling of being "rushed out" of the dining room did not go down very well. My cooked breakfast arrived in the middle of my cereal course and I then had to endure my guest's plates being whisked away whilst I was still eating my hot meal.
Well worth going for the food, but I feel some of the waiting staff weren't properly trained for a place where you might expect excellent service to complement the food quality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I booked a table at this restaurant for a very special occasion. We live only 15 miles away, so didn't stay.
The food was absolutely amazing! It is up there with the best restaurants we have been fortunate to try.
Service was excellent too. The whole experience was first class. I can't believe we haven't been here before. We will definitely be back, and despite the short journey home, I think we will stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iwasthere07
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for a night over the bank holiday weekend. There were 6 in our party and our rooms were of varying comfort. My children (21 and 24) stayed in a twin room which to be honest was very small. It was a twin room, the beds were pushed together and there was a bedside cabinet at either side. There was no other room. The bathroom was windowless and had a shower over the bath. We had a large room with a lovely bathroom overlooking the garden. The outlaws had a fantastic suite. The towels were very luxurious as were the beds and bedding. Unfortunately there were only 2 teabags and 2 x coffee and I would have liked to have had more. I also agree that that check-in at 4 and check out by 10.30 is a bit stingy. The food was excellent - can't fault it, although as one reviewer said, it would have been nice if the staff could have explained what was being served. I was also surprised that they don't have brown sauce for the breakfast, although they do have tomato sauce??

I know it is a Michelin starred restaurant, but I am lucky enough to have eaten at some very good restaurants over the years, and I think that the bill was rather exorbitant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Yorke Arms is somewhere that provides a luxurious experience from arrival to departure. Nidderdale is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable, and the food is exceptional. We went because of the restaurant reviews, and the evening menu and the wine list fully lived up to its reputation. The eating experience is enhanced by the relaxed getting ready in the comfort of an opulant room and bathroom, the short journey upstairs after an indulgent and delicious meal, and the great breakfast in the morning. We went on a midweek offer for dinner, bed, and breakfast, and it was very good value for the overall quality of the experience. I would thoroughly recommend staying but the food itself merits a visit. The dishes were inventive and full of flavour, and used local ingredients. Relaxed and attentive service over the whole stay. I couldn't fault anything.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank petefLiverpool
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here the night after our Silver Wedding anniversary because we had spent our wedding night in Pateley Bridge (not at this lovely establishment, sadly). The room was beautiful and the building and its setting are stunning. Immaculately clean room and bathroom and wonderfully soft towels.
The meal was delicious and the dining room has a good ambiance. The staff were attentive without being intrusive. Yes, it's expensive but you know that before you arrive and in my view it is worth the price for a special occasion. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked and the cooked breakfast was very good indeed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Burnsall
Burgoyne Hotel
Burgoyne Hotel
#1 of 2 in Reeth

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!