“Lovely location, comfortable and homely accommodation”
Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I had a one night stay during our walking tour of the Lakes and Yorkshire. The Yorke Arms is blessed to have a beautiful and quiet location. We had a suite which was very well appointed overlooking the front courtyard and comfortably furnished with a homely feel. Do explore the gardens and in particular the wonderful vegetable and fruit gardens which are maintained impeccably...I was very envious. Also say "hello" to the pigs and chickens tucked away at the bottom of the vegetable gardens as given their enthusiasm at visitors, obviously get lonely down there ;-) Whilst not cheap, this is clearly a hotel where you get what you pay for and get it in spades...don't miss it! We stayed for dinner as well (separate TripAdvisor review) and that simply made our visit.

Room Tip: Our suite was wonderful...I can't remember the name, but as you look at the front of the hotel...
There are newer reviews for The Yorke Arms

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have two elderly dogs and thought the stairs in the hotel would be too much so opted for a cottage, which was excellent. With the weather being fabulous and subsequently hot our two four legged friends thought the kitchen stone floors just what the vet had ordered.
We enjoyed our pre dinner drinks on the terrace and the service was amazing, in fact that was the case through out our stay all the staff were a credit to the establishment. Dinner was superb, each course was a delight both in taste and quantity. I am not really a sweet tooth person but I succumbed on both our nights stay. It's difficult to extoll the merits of a breakfast but again they were excellent.
Only fault was that I filled the bath only to find it was full of cold water as the taps were the wrong way round!
We will save up to go again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you want a get away fro it all break with luxury and stunning food this is the place for you. We have been to the yorke arms on numerous occasions and it never fails to impress. Room 20 is in the courtyard and is wonderful with lots of light and a separate lounge. We had the 8 course tasting menu which was sublime. My only criticism was the delay for coffee. However apologies were offered and no charge made.

I would recommend a stay to all.

Room Tip: The bijou room are perfectly designed but small
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Now I was torn between marking this as very good/average as I felt it was just 'good'. The staff were lovely, friendly polite and very welcoming. The room was clean and nicely decorated (room 9) but very small room and only a double bed. I would expect more for £400 a night for dinner bed and breakfast. We have stayed at Swinton Park and The Devonshire Arms which are of very similar standard for better value, only they don't have a star. The food was on par with these places (really good) and the rooms at Swinton Park for example are triple (or more) in size. We only had one amuse bouche which for a 1 starred restaurant was a little disappointing. Despite the negatives we would stay again if the price was more realistic, say £280 tops (based on £90 each for dinner and £100 b&b). This would be more in line with other places of similar standard nearby I feel. It was nice to actually have Francis in the kitchen, as often these places with chef's names above the door are rarely there. Just need to sort out the inflated London prices.

1  Thank babs1111
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

What we liked:

- Our room was smart and well decorated. Both the room and bathroom were modest in size but adequate, with the bathroom having separate bath and shower.

- Food was excellent. Modern, interesting and worthy of its 1 Michelin star.

- The lounge for pre/post-dinner drinks is smart and cozy.

What we felt could be improved:

- The smallest bed of our stay – a standard king size. Would like the option of a larger bed.

- There is no option for a light lunch / tea & cake, even for guests. We arrived early afternoon and would have appreciated the option of a sandwich or tea & cake, but instead had to drive elsewhere (the Yorke Arms isn’t short walking distance to anywhere else).

- The dining room isn’t to my taste – lots of dark work and a strange assortment of mis-matched rugs, covering a worn carpet I assume.

- The 8-course surprise tasting menu includes the amuse bouche and the coffee in its courses and contains only one ‘main’ course (meat course). Compared to other 1 Michelin starred restaurants, and bearing in mind the London type prices they are charging, we felt that this was poor value for money.

- No sommelier at dinner so wines were introduced with little explanation and were generally quite traditional / boring in selection.

1  Thank PennyPurples
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I selected the Yorke Arms for our first experience of Michelin star food. It was truly amazing. The location is not in the hustle and bustle but that only adds to it's charm. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The staff were great. Really polite and helpful not to mention efficient and professional. We were shown to our table, our drink orders taken and a platter of parmesan tarts and homemade crisps presented whilst we chose our meals. This was then replaced by our amuse bouche and five varieties of mini bread loaves fresh from the oven. These were all 'to-die-for' in our opinion until the food arrived and surpassed our expectations again. From start to finish this was a great experience and we would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Stevemelhuish
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This has become something of a place of pilgrimage for my wife and I to regularly enjoy Frances Atkins superb food. We're never disappointed and the impeccable service and fabulous wine list match the food. In the winter it's atmospheric with crackling wood fires, in the summer you can enjoy the beautiful garden (a river runs through it) and the surrounding Dales. Highly recommended.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pateley Bridge
#2 of 2 in Burnsall
Roslyn House
Roslyn House
#1 of 12 in Pateley Bridge

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!