“Amazing”

Ranked #4 of 11 Pateley Bridge B&B and Inns
Ireland
“Amazing”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a find! We were at the Good Food Exhibition as a birthday treat, my wife sourced this hotel and what a find it was. Set in a beautiful location with fabulous grounds close to the river with a lovely walk along it. The building was in an ideal location sheltered by trees and with great views across the countryside.
The staff were exceptional, the welcome was very warm and friendly, bags taken to the room
(don't get that kind of service everywhere). The room was fantastic, very well decorated with top notch facilities and plenty of room to spread out and relax. No plastic uncomfortable chairs to put up with, just good comfortable ones to relax in.
Going through the dining room to the bar and you are hit with the smell of a wood fire blazing with aroma of wood that makes you feel at home. The bar was bright and olde worlde with great charm, only matched by the service and the staff who have got to be the best I've come across in a long time. All smiles and fun really did make the difference to be able to unwind after a long day, it did't stop there though thankfully. We went into dinner and I have to say the food was of a Michelin standard cooked to perfection and served with style, simply orgasmic!
As it was my birthday they even baked a cake and a complimentary drink, the cake was great and I have to say that this was a most memorable stay and one that we will look to repeat very often in the months to come. I would be go there every weekend if I could, our son and wife with the 2 children met us there for Sunday lunch, they were equally blown away with it and will be I'm sure be visiting again as they live not too far away, we have a 4 hour drive but this kind of hotel at the end of the drive would make it worthwhile. Did I mention the very good value for money? It was certainly extremely good value for money considering the room, the standard of food and the hosting skills of all the staff form top on down.
Whats really telling is the other guests, who also clearly loved being there and those we spoke to had the same thoughts as we did, they are now regulars too!
The bed was brilliant and I have to say I slept like a baby, in fact it was so comfortable I could have done a John and Yoko and stayed in it all day;-)
Brilliant, comfortable, high level service and fabulous food cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 which was brilliant.
jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
John, what a stunning review! I take it as a real compliment that you had been to the 'Good Food Exhibition' and rated our food so highly, I'll be sure to bring this to the attention of our chefs who do a great job and genuinely take pride in their work. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your Birthday with us, it was a pleasure to meet you both.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Co.Sligo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My ladyfriend and I stayed there on the 15th of April. Loved the wood fire. As we live in Ireland we are used to welcoming and warm greetings, but, this place is up there with the best of them. The room was perfect, food was way above our expectations and the "craic was 90". We will always remember the friendly staff and many thanks to Michael who helped us to our room that night ( mind you ,we got into bed of our own accord) The "craic" in the bar with your next door neighbour Graham and his mate was hilarious, also Sadie and her partner. Better than any night at the "Palladium". "Chancers "are better than actors any day or night.

Many thanks for a memorable night,

Peggy and Terence.

jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Oh we do have so many memorable nights here thanks to our customers who more often than not brighten our day/evening and bring us a smile. I'm glad you enjoyed the company of some of our locals, fine people indeed! However you can help me to bed next time!! Thanks so much, we certainly enjoyed your company too.

Fond Regards
Mike
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our one night stopover. Although the hotel was quiet, staff were always very helpful. The room was lovely and we found the odd plumbing groan and spluttering tap characterful in an old building. Only a short walk into town and we spotted an old photo of the hotel in the town museum.Very nice choice of real ales on tap. Breakfast in the conservatory with the view across Nidderdale was memorable and the roaring fire was lovely to see. We didn't have dinner, but met two locals in a local tavern who said the food was so delicious, they are holding their wedding reception here next year. I can see why.

jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thanks David, much appreciate your comments, I always bring them to the attention of the staff as its very important to give credit where it is due. Hopefully there will be no more spluttering of taps, that was as a result of the new hot water system which was being installed along with 16 new showers!! This work is nearing completion (thank goodness)! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon

Kindest regards
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently. It very atmospheric due it's age with a cosy welcoming bar. We had a superior room with a fabulous view, very comfortable. We enjoyed a delicious meal in the lovely restaurant and can fully recommend to others. The only problem we found was the breakfast. There buffet choice is very poor, no fruit , yogurt or choice of juice. The cooked breakfast was nice but we had to keep asking for coffee top-ups. A large caffetiere would have solved this. We would still recommend the hotel and hope the owners can continue bringing the building and extensive grounds back to their former glory.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for the review. I'm sorry your weren't happy with your breakfast however I must point out that we don't offer a 'buffet' breakfast. We have a breakfast menu which consists of Full English Breakfast, Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg on Toast, Eggs Benedict, Crumpets and Grapefruit, Selection of cereals, Tea, Coffee and Pure Orange Juice. We have offered fruit and yoghurt in the past but found that we were throwing so much away because customers were choosing the other menu options, hence we deemed fruit and yoghurt as unnecessary and wasteful. However as you have raised this issue we will trial yoghurt and fruit options again to see if there is a valid demand for it.

Thanks for your useful feedback

Kind regards
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

superb location , great food, helpful staff,hope to return in the near future the owners are doing a fantastic job trying to get the hotel back to former glories hope they succeed
ps my wife recommends the Spanish omelette

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the gardens
jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your supportive comments we very much appreciate your kind words. Thanks very much, we hope to see you again soon.

kindest regards
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a lovely stay. The bar and restaurant were lovely and the food was really nice although we did wait an hour for it but I suppose that shows its freshly cooked.
The room was nice, very clean and cosy with a gorgeous bed, the bathroom was ok but again, I will let them off as its an old building.. shower was a bit pathetic and you had to stand at an angle due to the low ceiling.
The staff were really friendly and welcoming and we would come back for a longer stay next time.

PS. Bit of a shame about the run down gardens at the bottom, especially the tennis court and little house at the bottom of the hill. The photos on here shows them in their former glory.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thanks for your review. just a note regarding the shower, we have in the last few weeks had an entirely new hot water system installed which has resulted in all the showers being powerful and hot! I'm surprised to here that you waited an hour for your meal, if the restaurant is very busy customers are always informed if there will be a wait. Its not clear from your review if you were informed of this. Regarding the grounds, we have been renovating the grounds and indeed the building for the last four years. As I'm sure you will appreciate this is an extremely expensive project that takes time and can only be done as funds permit. Being a small family business we don't have the huge amounts of money to hand like some large corporate companies do. The Tennis court is been painted in June, this has been scheduled since the autumn but this job is weather dependant hence has been delayed until the summer. I'm not sure to which photographs you refer, but they are all recent and don't show the building in its 'former glory'!! I hope you return soon and see the ongoing improvements. Thanks again for the review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed in the bunk house at Harefield Hall for my sister's Hen Do weekend. The whole experience was brilliant. The staff were really helpful right from the start answering my many questions and assisting me with the booking process. On the weekend itself we were really well looked after. The bunk house was perfect; really clean and spacious and at a competative rate. We had both breakfast and lunch in the hotel and both were really good. The Hall is situated in lovely grounds and we enjoyed a number of short walks before heading into Harrogate. After the Hen do, a number of the girls in our group contacted me to say how good the accommodation was. I would thoroughly recommend the hall to anyone, but particularly for group bookings - just right.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
jo l, Manager at Harefield Hall, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Our 'Bunk House Hens'!! The Bunk House is a fairly recent addition to Harefield Hall, given the current financial climate we felt it would be a great use of these two rooms for two reasons. Firstly it makes the Hall accessible to customers who are on a 'budget' and secondly it serves to increase our customer base which is crucial to increase revenue to facilitate further improvements. I'm pleased you enjoyed the new bunkhouse and your stay in general, best of look for the 'Hens' big day.

Kindest Regards
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
Roslyn House
Roslyn House
#1 of 11 in Pateley Bridge

Been to Harefield Hall? Share your experiences!