“Homemade curry recommended”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The crown inn is a l7th century public house with restaurant and rooms in the heart of a.N.O.B. Nidderdale, on the high street of pateley bridge, offering yorkshire hospitality, fantastic local produce cooked to a high standard by our team of chefs. What ever your requirements the crown inn will make your stay a memorable one. We are pleased to announce four ensuite bedrooms,just completed in July 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Popped in here with 4 friends last weekend. We were just in time for dinner service and made very welcome by both bar staff and landlady. My homemade curry was superb - infact ill be back for it again - could eat it again right now... Yum!!

catherineaudsley, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

tank you for your review. my partner is the chef and I am blessed. don't need to go to the curry house whilst I have him on board. please do call again .

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Went in bar and lounge food good beer good. Staff friendly no food after 7 on a monday its bingo! Food area separate up steps but still in the lounge area.

thank you for your review. our landlord has had the pub for 28 years and is very good at keeping his beer in excellent order. we from time to time change what real ales we have on. he is a true Yorkshire man and likes to keep the beers on tap only from the Yorkshire area so they don't travel very far. so do call again and try some more real ales

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We are staying near by so used tripadvisor to find somewhere to eat and wow realy nice very clean very frendly and lovely food will be going back

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Went to the crown last night with friends, we choose it because of the excellent reviews and because they have a huge sign outside reading : vegetarian friendly (what a derogatory way to refer towards us!) anyway, I was very excited till I got the menu and there was not even one vegetarian dish on it! Not in the starters or main dishes!!!! I had to ask to the lady which gave me two options: pasta bake or mushroom stroganoff. Why wasn't this in the menu? Why should I order without even knowing the price and why should I have to specifically ask for the options?!?! Is it that hard to print it on the menu???? Choosed the stroganoff and it was disgusting! Wouldn't offer it to my dog, but even if I didn't complaint or made an issue the waitress got very agitated about me not enjoying it and made an eternal discussion over it! It was so embarrassing!
Overall horrible customer service and nothing they describe is as promised! However my meat eater friends cleaned the plates so I gave it an extra mark as its obviously good for something else! ;)

Oh! The desert was delightful!!! Sticky toffee pudding was a real treat!

Hope they can address the vegetarian dishes issue so we can all enjoy this pub!

1  Thank Beshuz
catherineaudsley, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I am sorry u felt u were treated badly it was myself who served u and I do not wish to make u feel bad about not liking your meal I obviously gave u the wrong impression when I made a fuss of you not liking your meal I noticed u had not eaten your meal and asked what was wrong u explained it was not to your taste I was trying to see if you would like something else and was very concerned that u had no meal. we do not have a vegetarian option on display which I will take into consideration and have our chef put on our menu vegetarian option available. please ask we always have two options sometimes three and we do these cooked to order this is why we do not print the option on our menu as it will all depend on what vegetables we have to hand on the day. we have an extensi ve menu which caters mainly for people who have come to taste the nidderdale beef lamb and free range pork. however I have noted your concern at feeling left in the cold and will address this with our chef. I also would like to say that I was so concerned u was not happy that I did not charge u for your meal and also did not charge u for your sticky toffee pudding or your husbands liquier coffee I hope u will let us try again

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I usually eat in there alone and the food is very good. As I'm new to the area I hope to meet some new friends, but so far it hasn't happened in The Crown, so probably not the sort of pub where as a single woman you can go in and have a couple of drinks and chat to the locals. Had a couple fo lunches there with visiting friends and was made to feel more welcome.

thank you for your review I am surprised u did not find our locals friendly as I myself was a stranger 3 years ago to pateley bridge and have found every one friendly if not a little nosy please call again introduce yourself and I will introduce u to some very nice locals and let u know about all the activities in the area to help u find that good friend glad u find our food good