“Our Amazing Wedding”
Review of Brandon House

Brandon House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We celebrated our wedding reception at the Brandon House Hotel. The venue was perfect and the staff made the event wonderful. We encountered no issues what so ever. The accommodation was immaculate and everything was extremely affordable. Claire and her team made the event perfect. We have NO complaints about anything at all. Many thanks and all the best.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Just spent the weekend here for a family wedding. We had a wonderful time! The room for the wedding reception was large and the staff were able to rearrange the tables to accommodate dancing in the evening. The food was great and the service even better. After having a good time at the wedding we decided to stay instead of getting a taxi (didn't want to leave). Even though it was last minute the staff were able to give us a room that would fit us and our two children. Breakfast was included in the price and was everything a good breakfast should be. Will definitely be going back for the sunday carvery and will recommend to anyone staying in the local area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Spent one night there giving the hard working very well turned out friendly staff very little notice of my intention to stay , after a wedding they held for a family member. Which once again they did a fantastic job! Anyway the room was large and recently redecorated, bed was very comfortable . Breakfast was really extensive , giving you the choice of cereals or a full English . The hotel is well located , less than 5 mins from the train station and and close to the town centre . Plenty of parking right in front of the hotel. I would highly recommend staying !

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed in a family room for a weekend break as hotel is very close to Centre Parks where we used the Aquaspa. Telephoned to book and reception staff were very efficient and polite. On arrival reception staff again very polite and efficient.
Room was huge, lovely and bright with big windows and very tastefully decorated. The beds were extremely comfortable and everything was very clean. This is an old building and the floor boards creak a bit and you can hear sound from rooms above easily, the hinge on the toilet door made a popping sound and the fan in the ensuite did not work. But the feel of the room was just lovely and the staff were great. They gave us directions to various places offering to print out maps if we needed them.
Breakfast was included, there was a small selection of cereals and fruit and yoghurt and a few croissants which didn't look too impressive. We had cereal and then cooked English breakfast which was a bit on the small side but nicely done. We were impressed that the chef came out and offered to cook the vegetarians in our party quorn sausages!
Dinner menu had a good selection of vegetarian dishes. I had risotto which was perfectly cooked but a bit on the bland side. All the food was freshly cooked and good quality. the wine selection was good and the prices very reasonable. Again the reception staff and the chef were very helpful and offered to cook the vegetarians in our party something special if the menu choices were not enough. This was great service!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Family rooms are on the 1st floor which is 2 flights of stairs so a bit of a climb for the elderly...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they are accommodating, friendly and can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable. Rooms were pleasant and spotlessly clean with very good facilities. Food was excellent and extremely good value for money.

We also met the owner whose people skills certainly need some work, he could learn a great deal from Matt and the other members of his excellent team of staff!! He was very lucky my boyfriend was on hand to stop what could have been a serious flood, and a word of appreciation from him would have been nice. His staff did thank Peter, of course and they moved my cousin and his wife immediately and with minimum of fuss.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Difficult to rate the above criteria given we checked out and left without even staying the night. To be fair i had stayed here one night recently, in the same cottage, and had no neighbours so the problem described didnt arise. It is basic but it wasn't bad. I did try to get an iron and was told there was no ironing board as it was broken! Not ideal as I like my shirt ironed. I did however book to go again with my wife as we're moving to the area and had to spend the weekend house hunting. I was unable to get into the place I would have chosen so booked here.
We were allocated the same cottage as i had been in, separate from the main hotel.
How anyone could actually design and build something like this and expect guests to pay to stay there is unbelievable. The sound insulation in the cottage is totally non existent - we could hear every single word the upstairs neighbours were saying! it felt like they were in the same room. I obviously had no neighbours on my previous visit hence this problem hadnt arisen. Given my wife had just driven for 7 hours to get there we decided to put up with it for the night until I tried to have a shower. There was a strange smell in the shower room and there was some hair still in the sink. By the time tepid water trickled through the electric shower the shower tray was full and wouldn't drain away, totally blocked so no shower. The toilet when flushed filled up and wouldn't drain as did the sink. By the time we left 20 mins later the water still hadn't drained from any of the them.
When I went to reception to complain I was kept standing around for 10 minutes as they were "quite busy" It was about 9.30 pm and for the first time in my life i checked out and found another hotel.
I only ever expect to get fair value and what I pay for but I do always expect basic amenities to work and at least a basic level of privacy.
I can't comment on the main hotel accommodation but this cottage falls well short of the basic requirements. I'd give this a miss if you can and head for a travel inn...

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Andynaudrey
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We spent two very quiet, comfortable and pleasant nights at this well-appointed, spotlessly clean and nicely-decorated Hotel in November 2011. The staff were courteous, friendly and paid close attention to our every need. The breakfast table was excellent with a wide choice of cereals, fruits and juices, plus a full cooked English breakfast to die for! Architecturally interesting and well situated with a big car park, within an easy 1 minute walk to the town of Brandon, we can heartliy recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Travelodge Thetford Hotel
Bell Hotel
Bell Hotel
#7 of 7 in Thetford
Best Western Brome Grange Hotel

Been to Brandon House? Share your experiences!