“A wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Petrovac
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed a week at this hotel, me my husband and two children (age 1 and 4 years old). We had a family suite and it was a big, clean, fresh suite with a balcony with a view (you can see the sea from the balcony).

Our stay was fantastic! Everything from the room, to the staff, to the meals (breakfast and dinner included in our deal), to the pool.

Maybe the outdoor play area was not the best but we were just happy they had one! Our young kids sure appriciated it.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right at the beach (who cares if it is the hotels beach or public!?). Wonderful beach and the water was amazing. Nice and warm to swim in early June.

We would definetly recommend this hotel to a friend and we are considering coming back next year!!!

Thank you Hotel Rivijera for a wonderful week at the coast of Montenegro.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank FamilyTravelerof4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

We arrived at the hotel 2 hours late due to a travel delay. On arrival we were told that the hotel had received a large booking from their Russian Travel Agents and they were overbooked. We were then made to walk uphill to the Hotel Del Mar. The staff were unsure how long we would stay at this hotel. We were actually only booked to stay at the Riviera for 4 nights.
On the 3rd day we were told that the Hotel staff had found us a room and that staff would collect our bags from the Hotel Del Mar. This did not happen, an yet again we had to take our bags and suitcases down the Jill to the Hotel Riviera.
We were given a upgraded room for our troubles but this was only a slightly larger room than average. The air con did not work, and the room was infested with ants which ended up in our bags and cases.
The restaurant was not really anolace for us due to the large number of children running around, so we ended up eating out. Which was cheap enough.
I'm afraid the previous reviews were correct about the staff. They do not seem to care about their customers and we never received an apology from the manager regarding our troubles at the start of our holiday. In fact the staff seemed to ignore us or were afraid to speak to us!
The place seems to cater for Russians and very few UK guests were at the hotel. The staff spoke some English, but one day I received a phonecall from a member of staff who was very rude and demanded I spoke Russian and not english!
I can only give you am account of my experience, but my opinion is that UK guests are not welcome at this hotel. Be prepared to not have a room in high season too. This hotel only seems to honour it's Russian travel agents bookings. We travelled with Inghams and the Rep informed us that she has had many problems with this hotel over the past year in particular with overbooking.

• Stayed June 2010
7 Thank Beckster999
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Be prepared that overbooking is usual thing at the hotel!

After my arrival to hotel (with wife and two small children), hotel manager told me that my Superior Suite (which was booked month before the trip, and it was additionally confirmed by the hotel manager by email week before my arrival) is not availabe!
And _probably_ it will be available week later. Finally we stay at nearest apartments for a week and then live for week more at the hotel.

Hotel staff is friendly in general, but not professional. Usually nobody will greet you (even reception staff!) - they just do not look at you. This is not big issue for me, but it is annoying litlle bit.

Food is ok. Food choice is not great, but everything is good and quite fresh.

Superior Suite is quite good for two adults and two children. There are no sea view though (no room at the hotel have sea view).

Children playground is miserable - a number of semi-broken toys, such as bicycles and cars. No children animation staff at all.

There is no hotel beach, all beaches at the city are common. Water is crystal clear, but sometimes there are a lot of junk (cigarettes butts, papers, etc) have floated near beaches. Usually it happened after 10am.

Wi-Fi at hotel is free, but usually didn't worked at all.

Overall atmosphere is good, many children, no music noises, many green trees and grass, quite normal hotel guests.

Bottom line - you could stay at the hotel, but you should not expect more from staff.

After my trip at Petrovac, I realized that best choice for me is to live at apartments nearby - you could find apartment with 2 bedrooms, kitchen and excellent sea view and very close to sea beaches for 120-130 euros (against 190 or even more euros for Superior Suite).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Yoshimmo
Bexleyheath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

We found the Hotel staff very helpful and they spoke English fairly well, The dining room staff were efficient and friendly and the pool staff seemed to materialise as soon as one prepared to settle, moved the sunbeds to where they were wanted, took the the towels and made sure that we were settled. I injured my ankle on holiday and the one of the pool staff advised me on physiotherapy as he was studying sport science. The waiters hurried to take my plate so that I could limp to my table in safety.
With regard to the injury, I took a walk above and behind the castle. This path was well paved and led to a tunnel which was not lit, having met many walkers coming the other way I did not realise that the floor was anything but flat. Obviously the other walkers were either lucky or knew the route as the floor had unexpected changes not to say pitfalls. I trod in one of these and suffered a sprained and very painfull ankle. So take a torch on walks!
The resort is quiet but has many bars and cafes but with little to do, so if like me you are a fast reader take a few books as the hotel supply of English language books is limited.
The food was very plentiful and although there were few menu changes in the week I stayed there was always something for everyone.
I took the trip to Skandar lake but booked with the firm at the sea front rather than through the holiday firm. This saved me 12 Euros per person and the lunch was excellent.
Montenegro is fast rushing into the modern world and the place is changing apace with new golf resorts planned at one of the nearby bays so go there soon or it may become a little like The less pleasant Spanish resorts with high rise hotels and tacky shops. I hope not but who knows.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank bazbower
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

Very good food, very clean spacious rooms, excellent food, drinks ridiculously expensive, air-conditioning simply was inadequate in soom rooms. Had to insist on changing rooms for this reason.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank r0ssman
chelmsford, england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

We chose the Rivijera primarily due to it's position close to the town and beach and the fact it had a decent sized pool. We normally book direct but strangely found it cheaper to go with Inghams. Holiday Options also go here. Overall a good choice.(We considered the Danica also in Petrovac but we went to view it and the new pool is tiny! )
The Rivijera is very clean and very nicely refurbished , the pool , gardens and newly laid tennis court are very well kept, That said, it has the feel of a business hotel and the staff are more efficient than friendly.
Contrary to the brochures English is not widely spoken here...even in this hotel ,which seems to be gearing up for the Russian market!! One thing the Hotel can't help is the lack of views from the rooms as it is built ( in my opinion) facing the wrong way! We requested poolside which was better than the other side which has no decent view at all. Junior suites on the top floor do have good sea views but they wanted an extortionate charge to upgrade, a shame as one was empty.
Petrovac is a nice unsophisticated town with a pretty seafront and some nice restaurants and bars. Good food, large portions, well below normal holiday prices.
The beach gets very crowded and we were glad we hired a car (HM Cars, very reasonable ) so we could travel up to Sveti Stefan and Milocer (15 mins ) where the beaches are stunningly beautiful and less busy. Stop on the way back for drinks at the Hotel Adrovic terrace, fantastic views of the bay and sunset.
There are two other beaches in walking distance from the hotel but if you don't travel around you will miss so much.....
Montenegro is a mixture of stunningly beautiful coastline interspersed with some quite trashy communist era developments. The beautifully restored Budva old town, Kotor Fjiord, Perast , Sveti Stefan and Przno are all well worth a visit.
There is a lot of new building going on and Montenegro has all the ingredients to move up-market very quickly so go while it's still real and a bit rustic!

• Liked — Location close to town and beach, nice pool.
  • Disliked — Lack of views from balcony
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank MarkandBJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petrovac
Hotel Vile Oliva
#2 of 8 in Becici
Hotel Danica
Hotel Danica
#6 of 10 in Petrovac

Been to Hotel Rivijera? Share your experiences!