“Fantastic! Don't be afraid to go!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Gwillimbury
Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, wonderful.... Just a few of the words I could use to describe Bare Oaks. I don't even know where to begin... I guess I'll start with

The Room:
Very nice, very clean. It had a nice, cozy atmosphere and just felt comfy. It was a bit small, perhaps, but I wasn't there for the room, anyway.

The people:
Very, very friendly. Every staff member I spoke to was great. Very warm and genuine people.

The environment:
Bare Oaks is a lovely location. It was a bit cool when I was there, but not uncomfortable. It is a beautiful location and well-maintained.

Being nude:
Probably what most people are nervous/ concerned about, with no reason. You don't need a perfect body-- I sure don't have one. Nobody cares what you look like. They care about who you are inside, not outside. I grew up very self-conscious and never would have imagined that I'd spend time naked with strangers, but it was the most comfortable and relaxed I have felt in a very long time. I have had other naturist experiences (La Pommerie, Oka Beach), but this was so much better. It is very family-friendly. In fact, on my next visit, I expect my wife and kids will be with me.

If I have any complaint at all, it is that it is so far away. It's several hours from where I live. If I lived closer, I'd be there all the time. I envy the people who have trailers there. I'd spend the entire season there if I could.

All-in-all, I think Bare Oaks is a wonderful place. I think everyone who has ever considered trying naturism should just go ahead and do it. I can't really explain how much good it does you. It is something that has to be experienced to be understood.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Craig W
There are newer reviews for Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My family discovered Bare Oaks last Fall and gave it a shot. While it was a bit cold to get the full experience,we had a really nice time that brought us back this Spring. My wife and I definitely had many talks about what Naturism was all about. There were a lot of concerns, especially since we were discussing bringing our children. There were concerns over people we didn't know being around our kids naked. Heck there were even issues around us seeing other adults naked and how that would affect us. Was this place actually like the website says or was that all just a smokescreen for what most people assume goes on at a Naturist Park?

What I can say after having had the whole family there is that it's one of the most positive and comfortable places I've been. My wife described it as years of therapy packed into one afternoon. What I found most relaxing about it was that in our daily lives, we are under constant bombardment with sexualization . Everything seems to be about sex and it pervades all aspects of our lives. Being at Bare Oaks gave me a break from that. I didn't realize how exhausting all that constant sexualization was until it was gone.

As advertised, the Bare Oaks philosophy of Ethical Naturism really does amazingly positive things for how we view other people and probably even better yet, how we view and accept ourselves.

During our visit, everyone was extremely friendly and we had an amazing time. My son met a whole bunch of kids around his age and they played in the pool for hours. While I thought the pool was a really nice time, I appreciated having a hot tub and a couple saunas to use after I got out of the pool. Honestly I don't even think I could remember all the fun things we did at Bare Oaks because our day was so full.

I think what it really comes down to is that there are a lot of places you can go to do all the fun activities that Bare Oaks has, but what sets the park apart is how relaxing it is being there and even more important how great you feel at the end of the day.

We're all looking forward to a few more visits this summer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Blake C
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was our first experience at Bare Oaks and I have to say that I felt safe with my children and the environment was friendly and comfortable. In speaking with members of this establishment, people seemed very pleased with the continued growth of the park.

Looking forward to our return next summer!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Janice P
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was our first visit to Bare Oaks and our first experience with Naturism other than on our own in private. We are a Gay Male couple from Barrie, ON in our 30's and Bare Oaks is about a 50 minute drive for us. We did tonnes of reading on Bare Oaks website before deciding to try it out. I won't lie, nerves were a little high as we turned in the driveway but they seem to subside quickly as you start to see people walking around nude. We decided to take our clothes off at the car before we went to the office to register and I recommend doing so, everyone including the person behind the counter in the clubhouse was nude so if you went in clothed you would likely feel more out of place than being nude. We got registered by a very friendly lady, watched the 10 minute compulsory video on the park history and video tour and we were off to explore the park on our own. It only took a few minutes of walking around before we came across a group of people playing a game called "Pétanque," as we walked by one of the members shouted "Welcome To Bare Oaks!" We walked around the whole park and back to the clubhouse area and grabbed a couple of chairs in the very large yard to soak up some sun for a while. There was a beach volleyball game on the go, the pool was busy, people sitting on the patio of the "Bare Bistro," Lots of people around but nobody looks or stares at you, nobody cares what you look like, nobody invades your space, you can be as "private" or as social as you want to be. It didn't take long to run into another gay couple in the pool, and we noticed what we suspected to be quite a few gay couples throughout the day so it was nice to know we weren't the only ones. After sunning for a while we used the pool, the hot tub, had a bite to eat at the Bare Bistro, went for another walk around the park and repeated that a few times through the day and headed home around 6PM. All in all it was a great first visit and we can't wait to go back. If you are on the fence about visiting a Naturist Park I would highly suggest Bare Oaks for your first time. Everyone was friendly, nobody cares what you look like, free your body, free your mind!

P.S.

Listen to the Naturist Living Show which is available on iTunes among other places for free, it is hosted by the owner of Bare Oaks and is packed full of great information about the park and Naturism in general!

Room Tip: Besides camping there are rooms for rent at the clubhouse for under $100/night and a large park mode...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank StevieOntario
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was my first time experience to naturism and first visit to Bare Oaks.
Very friendly attitude by all the staff member of Bare Oaks. A very goodthing we have observed (me and my wife), you are left alone to make your choice such as talking to a different group of people, it is up you to go ahead and start conversation or you can enjoy by yourself.
First time ever observed complete quietness particularly in the night time. Being vegetarian, Bistro prepared the required food.
Two suggestions: -
1. The treks in the forest, when the road is ending; there should be a sign right at the beginning to indicate that “No Exit”.
2. Reminded board in the beginning of the trek to use Mosquito repellant.

Room Tip: Room # 2 in fornt of wash room, in the night you may be disturbed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Vilas S
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I visited Bare Oaks for the first time today. It was not our first naturist experience. We were greeted with a smile at the office by two very nice women. Being our first visit we were asked to watch a short video that covered the history of the park, a virtual tour, and their values. It was nice to see and hear the history of how they came to be. After a few short minutes we were free to explore and enjoy the grounds. Lots of nice paths and walkways to explore. The pool was not too chilly and we were in several times to cool down after sunning or walking about. We especially enjoyed the endless choices of places where lounge chairs were placed. For those with children, the playground looked like lots of fun, plenty to do for the kids. There's a nice sand volleyball court, and miniature golf too. Later we had something to eat at the bistro. A very nice young lady welcomed us and took our order etc. The menu pricing was reasonable, and the food was good. While we waited for our food to arrive, one of the managers came and said hello. Very nice woman, we chatted and shared some laughs. We definitely did NOT feel like outsiders as we have at nearly every other place we've been. Everyone, staff and residents, were pleasant and friendly. We will be returning, but perhaps for a long weekend. The drive is just too far to stay for one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My family did a day trip to Bare Oaks a couple weekends ago. As a family with two small children, we were well received and had a very good time. The kids loved the pool and playground equipment. In fact, they spent most of the day at these two spots!

As a father who has seen quite a few playgrounds I would say that Bare Oaks has one of the better play structures that I have brought my kids to! It was safe enough that my wife and I could watch the kids play without having to be right beside them for fear of them hurting themselves.

The common areas of the park are clean but the trailer and camping sites are very well cared for. It is obvious that people are putting time, effort and consideration into the maintenance and appearance of their properties.

As first-time visitors to the park, my family was required to watch a ten minute video about the history of naturism of the park. The video was informative for my wife and I but kids under 6 years old can only pay attention to a history lesson for a short amount of time. I would suggest that Bare Oaks finds a kid-friendly activity (colouring books?) for the little ones to do while their parents are being educated.

When my family visited Bare Oaks, they were hosting a volleyball tournament and so there were a lot of people at the park. There was plenty of room for all volleyball players and non-participants on the grounds but parking was over capacity.

My family appreciated the effort that Bare Oaks put into Green policies (cars only for entering and exiting the park - bikes, golf carts and feet for everything else). We also enjoyed the ponds, paths, streams and natural greenery that was abundant on the grounds.

We are looking forward to another warm weekend when we can return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket
Ramada Jacksons Point
Ramada Jacksons Point
#2 of 2 in Jackson's Point

Been to Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park? Share your experiences!