Agriturismo Ca Balbi
Hotel Cristallo(Riolo Terme)
Hotel Franca(Riolo Terme)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Villa Delle Fonti(Riolo Terme)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We are a couple who does not live in Italy and we relied on internet searches to choose the venue for the celebration of our marriage. We chose Ca 'Balbi for the strategic position with a lovely surrounding. After making arrangements (again via internet) for several months, a few weeks before our wedding the owner forced us to book all the rooms to let us remain also in the evening to continue the party in the patio outside; we had not choice, as we were getting married soon! Not to mention that we had already booked the most of the rooms to accommodate our 20 guests who already arranged to stay for the night. We then met in person, four days before the wedding, to define the whole celebration and when we demanded for unlimited alcohol for our party (we are a couple of almost 40 years!) the owner had been said: “we buy it only if you assure us that your guests will not vomit .... Can you believe what he said??!! We were organizing a wedding, not a rave party!! He has also requested us an additional 50 Euro to arrange the wedding decoration (that we bought in advance) in the main room! WE ALSO WORK IN RESTAURANTS AND WE DO NOT CHARGE OUR GUESTS FOR THEIR OWN DECORATION TO BE PUT IT ON!!!
The fateful day, at the wedding party, there was a continuous pressure all day to short the time with the service and food, and plus they made a mistake with one course (they did the tomato’s garganelli, instead of the vegetarian lasagna. I would like to make the point that I personally gave to the daughter Martina a copy of the menu that I had personally wrote, in advance to reconfirm it to me! But the worste thing is that Mr. Danilo, to my surprised’s face of the Garganelli first course, he came at the table of the bride and groom with a photocopy of a wrong menu that was not ours, with the intention of wanting to discuss. It is unacceptable to have the intention to discuss with the bride and groom the day of their wedding??!!
In the evening, having remained in the 20 guests, a dear friend also invited to our wedding, asked the owner to prepare a bit of flatbread and salami for the children and about 10 plates of spaghetti with garlic and chili oil for the adults. MR. DANILO CHARGED OUR GUEST 120 EURO, WITHOUT ASKING US IF WE WERE OK WITH IT!!!! .... A GUEST DOES NOT PAY TO A WEDDING, NEVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!??? .... Moreover, the next day when my husband and I went to pay the remaining bill he made us pay AGAIN for this "dinner extra: flat bread and spaghetti" 150 EURO! HE MADE US PAYING TWICE AND WE CAN ONLY TELL NOW BECAUSE AT 9 MONTHS AFTER OUR WEDDING OUR GUEST TOLD US!!!!! ...... Also, the morning of the final payment has begged us for 200 euros more for having made everything smooth and pleasant the day before, was he mean or not????? We did not want to create a discussion but now we can say to Mr. Danilo and his family that: YOU ARE A FAMILY OF DISHONEST PEOPLE!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veg2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This agriturismo serves excellent food. You can really feel the home.made feeling of their cooking. Our 11-year son laughed of happiness while eating the choclate-dessert.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank akan_tinnerberg
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Okay, telling readers to many details about this small hotel is like shooting in my own leg: It could become overcrowded, and I'll not get a room next time I'm there. But honestly: The rooms are nice and well maintained, the food is simple but marvelous, the hotel itself is hard to find but embedded in a very nice area. I was there with my dog, which was no problem at all. The owner is a very nice person, and his daughter Martina is an angel who helps whereever she can. So after all, it won't be the last time I was there for I have to visit this area again and again. To stay in a bigger house may mean some more extras - but no extra can compensate the kindness of the owner and his daughter and the feeling that you are very, very welcome.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Inzli P
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Ca Balbi was an absolutely peaceful, gorgeous piece of paradise. The grounds, the rooms, the pool, the food, and the staff were all far beyond what we expected. We had a group of twelve and the service was amazing! I'm looking for any excuse to return...Bravissimo!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsOsty
Reviewed 1 June 2010

A beautiful agriturismo nestled on a hillside, overlooking 15 hectares of olive trees and vineyards in Brisighella. The staff couldn't have been more attentive. We ate so much for such a reasonable price. Most of the things we ate and drank came from Ca Balbi or farms within 20 km, it couldn't have been fresher. The peacefull tranquility was a wonderful break from everyday life. The perfect place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2010