Cedar Park Motor Lodge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2010

The room was reasonable, $89, but the bed must have come out of the ark, it was so hard we may as well have slept on the floor. I commented that it felt like I was lying on a board, when on further inspection of the mattress, and under it, I found a piece of board on one side of the bed which reached approx half way down the bed. Why this was there I'm not sure, but I didn't want to look under it for what I might find under there!!! One leg on the bed was missing which we noticed when you sat on the end of the bed, it rocked, on checking underneath the bed, there were several blocks of wood, which had moved sideways, therefore we had to move them and re stack them so the bed stayed even. Even the bedding felt heavy, and the bedspread was ancient. The room smelt very musty and the kitchenette was grubby, and generally yuk. Then the shower, which was in the same room as the toilet, which did have a sliding shower door on it. When you turned the shower on it blasted the toilet, which then had to be dried down later, but as the shower did not drain properly, the problem using the toilet afterwards was that even though they put a rubber mat down in front of the toilet, you had to wear your shoes to the toilet and roll trouser legs up, or your pants got wet. All in all not a very enjoyable experience and I would never recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank camcgRotorua
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We had to drop a daughter off in Manurewa town centre in the late afternoon and then pick her up again in the middle of the night (read morning). Got into the unit after paying the $149.00 dollars for a one bedroom unit. Women who checked us in didn't speak much English and I had to repeat 4 times that I had a reservation (strange that the reservation was taken by a young woman with perfect English who was very helpful) she was also wearing what appeared to be a cleaning smock.
There was no milk, the sink and cook top were filthy with bad sealant around it and the hobs rusty!!, there were cobwebs, and it looked like a bad DIY er had tried to fix a lamp in the bathroom with screws and bits sticking out. The seal around the bath had been damaged and sealed over with Duct Tape!!! Rot had set in on the window ledges, the tv didn't get sky, there were notes stuck all over the place advising that you would have to pay extra if you: smoked in the room, wanted anything, damaged anything, including a note that you couldn't use the towels if you had dyed hair! (the said towels didn't even match, nor did the flannels). Then there was a helpful note saying "need your shoes cleaned or a rag, contact receptions" very helpful (not). I don't think the bedspreads have been replaced since the place opened.
There was a sign on the heater to say it was out of order.
Attached are some photos.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Geordnz
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Stayed here because we needed somewhere to stay at the last minute. There are notes EVERYWHERE in the room that imply it's been broken into many times. No mod cons other than a TV and jug. You have to get everything else from reception. All the window locks were loose (previously broken into?), and it didn't feel at all clean. The bedspread was straight from 1985, but at least the bed was comfortable. Felt like we may be billed later on down the track if we didn't 'leave the remote control on top of the tv' when we left. We were checked in by some random person that didn't speak english very well, and it felt like we were an inconvenience. Felt unsafe all night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cara L
Reviewed 27 January 2009

this was convenient to me, wanting to come across from coromanel and be close enough to Auckland to travel through the following day.

The lady who checked me in had her cleaning gear on, but not sure what she was cleaning. Put my gear on the sofa and collapsed next to it and then looked at the fabric and didn't sit on it again. Used a towel to sit on the chairs at the table, and even they smelt. The linens were clean on the bed, well they felt it and I wasn't looking too close at them or lots of other things!

I headed straight out again, came back to sleep and then left as soon as I woke up! I know that sometimes you say a hotel room is just a bed, but this was dirt cheap, and in this case you deffo get what you pay for!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo