Islazul Villa Los Laureles
Carrusel Rancho Hatuey(Sancti Spiritus)
US$71
US$134
Hotel Ancon(Playa Ancon)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Club Amigo Costasur(Playa Ancon)
US$134
  • Breakfast included
Kurhotel Escambray(Topes de Collantes)
US$200
Official Website
Hotel La Ronda(Trinidad)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here only one night, during an excursion of sancti spiritus, cienfuegos, trinidad and santa clara... even though I kinda like the bungalow type of rooms because they feel very private, I was VERY underwhelmed when I saw my room. The bed frames seemed made of plastic, the decoration was plastic flowers, the tv is about 10 inches big, I froze all night and din't have much blanket, the toilet paper holder broke the second I touched it, there was no window, and I'm not sure the door locked properly.

I didn't get to experience much since I only stayed for one night, but even for one night everything felt terrible, the pool was green, I would never dare swim in it.. the food was awefull especially breakfast, I'm not sure how it's possible to fail hard boiled eggs.. There was really nothing to do during the evening, so we bought coca cola and brought our own rhum to spend the night.

The only good thing about this evening was the Jordan of the security..

Room Tip: Don't go unless you only go just to sleep for cheap.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Michèle A
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Decent food (for Cuba). Adequate rooms, though the locks felt a little less sturdy than I'd like. No Internet access. While I was there, there was a really rocking Quinceañera party going on at the disco next door. Tap water was allegedly not safe to drink. I didn't risk it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We went from the lovely Parque Central in Havana to this place thanks to Distant Horizons, our US travel agent. And we had the added pleasure of driving an extra 1.5 hours to get there from Trinidad. Of course, everything is blamed on the embargo but I blame Distant Horizons who cashed our checks and were the contractor for our people to people tour. And we paid for standard US accommodations but we but a real dump that even hardly anyone would use unless forced by a tour company.
My room had several cockroaches, several other guests experienced the same guests in their room. The pool was the nicest part.

Room Tip: Stay in Cienfuegos avoid.
Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have stayed here quite a few times, It's not fancy, it's not expensive, It's simply a place where you can cool off from the heat. This property is divided up into many bungalows, some have been renovated, some are still in very bad shape. The hotels major clientele is nationals and Cuban Americans that come to visit family in Sancti Spiritus.

PROS: Large Swimming Pool
Nice BBQ at very economical prices (3cuc per plate)
Nice outdoor disco at night (weekends)

CONS: Rooms not that great, You'd be lucky to get a room with running hot water..

Will probably be visiting in the near future, As I have family / friends in the area..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank simplycuba
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Great Hotel - rooms were divided into many 2 floor bungalow buildings - 8 rooms per building - clean room, comfortable beds - tiny pillows would be my only complaint. There weren't many guests the night I stayed, so instead of a breakfast buffet they offered a few choices. Good food - good experience, great price I'd definately go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends