“Total rip off!!!”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
San diego
“Total rip off!!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Do yourself a favor and do not stay at Mina Beach Hotel. This is a small family run hotel at Agios Stephanos beach. My first issue was that I read online that the hotel provides free transfers to/from the port. I emailed the hotel to set this up and they replied that they would not provide transportation because I booked through Orbitz. They said they would pick me up for 8 euro per person per way! The hotel is a 2 minute drive from the port! I did not take them up on this offer as they had already ripped me off on an extremely overpriced room. Once I arrived the room was clean. The beds are hard as rocks. The towels are so rough you feel like you are drying with a loofah. The free Wi-Fi rarely worked. The AC took hours to cool off the room. The electricity turned off at least once a night, because I would wake up to the AC turned off. One morning the electricity was out for a few hours. The "shower" was a tiny square stall with a hose coming out of the wall. You had to actually hold the hose because there is no where to hang it. These 2 genius ideas combined cause the entire bathroom to get soaked when attempting to shower. I don't know what was worse....the shower or the breakfast. Breakfast was stale bread with jelly/butter, a hot hard boiled egg, some kind of sweet cake, tar coffee, and disgustingly sweet juice. No thanks, on all accounts.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank kdancs

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's my second time in Mykonos and I had the best time ever!! I choose the Hotel from the travel agency but I was really lucky! It's a family place and from the first moment I felt like home!! Mina the owner a very kind lady with her daughter make feel so nice! They are very kind!
The room was nice decorated very clean of a lady called Maria and I didn't have sea view but I had a big terrace in front of my room and I enjoy the sun every day! The beach is wonderful and the sea water the best in Mykonos!! Mina will be my first choice and for next year!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Basilis B
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I really can't understand of all this bud comments! The hotel was wonderful. The rooms are very clean and I had a room with private balcony with sea view!! The owners are very kind and helpful! The beach is nice and the transportation very often!! I really enjoy my stay at Mina hotel! Don't believe anything else is a good place!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank MOKAKOS
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel with our credit card reward points. The RSVP says transportation included, however even after 2 e-mails without any response, we had to pay our own transportation to Mina Beach. We booked for three nights, when we check in, Mina says that we only booked for two nights, she only speaks greek so she calls her daughter. I printed my reservation beforehand to avoid issue like this one. The daughter was extremely rude. She finally tells me that she found my reservation and that on the second night, she will have to switch my room.

The room has a lot of spiders. The air conditioning only works when your room key is in the slit. This hotel runs on the bare minimum. The shower was small and sprayed water everywhere.

The breakfast is not worth it. It consists of 6 slices of white bread, butter, jam, 2 slices of orange cake, orange juice and coffee.

The location of this hotel is only convenient to go to Angios Stefanos beach (2 minute walk).

The worst part of this hotel was that on the second day of my stay, Mina transferred us to another hotel. I'm guessing she overbooked. I had made my reservation over 3 months ago, so I'm very disappointed in the lack of organization. Mina and her daughter were rude and didn't apologize once for the inconvenience.

I would advise you avoid this 'hotel'.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Worldtravellermtl

Travellers are raving about these Agios Stefanos hotels

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights B&B) on our way to Naxos – the cost included minibus transfer from the airport which was great – it’s 1 star accommodation & we were given a small twin room (possibly because we were only staying 2 nights?) – there was no balcony, just a shared space between about 6 rooms with 3 chairs & 1 table, but which did have views to the beach. Light not working in bathroom & loo occasionally leaked when flushed, but clean room, decoration good & air con included. Staff helpful & very pleasant. Breakfast included & more than adequate. Easy to get to Mykonos town by bus & to the port for the ferries (1.60 Euros) as bus stop just at bottom of road by beach. Beach just below – really comfy beach beds. Sunbed & brolly 8 Euros. Small selection of tavernas close by & shop. Would stay there again as so easy for Mykonos town & the port.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hi everyone,
I think that the accommodation was excellent for the money.
The location is excellent and the proprietress was very helpful.
It is also a great base for exploring surrounding town in Mykonos by car or scooter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Macau, China
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location. But nothing.

Many choices for the same location.

But really not choice this one.

Even a hostel is better than this hotel!!!

No internet connection in the room. No one can be found in reception at night. even before mid-night

This is the first time I ask the next hotel for a internet connection in my life.

Not that much beautiful view as they claim.

The breakfast is bread and 3 drinks only.

Staff is not initiative to give a brief introduction of the island or the near place.

There are a lots of beautiful hotel you can find on the island.

And don't use expedia as your booking system/

At the very beginning I book another hotel. However, when I finished the booking they booked this hotel for me but with the same address which I preferred.

This sucks cost me 106 Euros per night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 4 in Paradise Beach
Aphrodite Beach Hotel
Aphrodite Beach Hotel
#5 of 5 in Kalafatis

Been to Mina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!