“This is your best choice on the island!”
Review of Mama's Pension

and 1 more site!
Mama's Pension
Reviewed 24 August 2014

In the beginning of May, I came back from a 15 days vacation, but I still miss the beach, so I packed my stuff and the single thing I needed was accommodation. I found out the Mama`s place in Trip Advisor and I was so happy that people wrote the true about it. I had less than 40 hours to organize everything, but Christina was amazing (Geerman precision, speachless :)). She wrote prompt replies and answered all my questions. We did the arrangement and she promised to pick me up from the Airport. I miss out one flight and wrote from the airport. She was amazing - no matter of my delay, she met me at the airpot. I had wonderful 3 days there. I slept well, felt safe and met great people! The breakfast is with additional payment, but it`s your best opportunity to meet the rest people who are very friendly. I guess, this place collects good people and you could meet very interesting travellers.
Christina will give you all necessary information concerning the island! And she is really good on that! Believe me! Love you, Christina!
About the location - woooow! One more +. Downstairs, few meters away of the hotel, there is a lovely beach with amazing reastaurant (the owner is such a good companion and I was shocked when I heard him speaking basic Chinese... Wooooow! And the food - delicious!). Out of the beach is the bus station to the new port and than a short walk to the main part of the island. If you like walking, don`t even think about bus. Going down to the city is approximately 20 min, going back to the hotel - no more than 30. There are many other beaches of course, and you`ll need transport for them. But going to the city is a wonderful opportunity to have a walk even late in the night! No worries!
I wish all the best to Christina and her place and good luck to collect many great people around there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at Mama's for 3 nights in July 2014 and were very impressed for the price. Christina greeted us with a huge smile at the ferry terminal and proceeded to tell us all about Mykonos and the best places to go. She gave us a map, complete with recommendations and told us where her daughter liked to hang out if we preferred that. Straight away we felt very at home. The room we stayed in was simple, but exactly what we were after. The area is quieter, away from the town but only 10min on a quad or a 30min walk. We met fellow travellers on the balcony each morning and the whole family was very helpful! It had a small hostel feel, with the privacy of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great spot!
good location away from the hustle and bustle
Christina and family were very welcoming and went above and beyond their duties. Picking us up to and from the port, helping us out on on where to go and must do's and nothing was a drama.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had great time staying at here. The hosts are wonderful people, very helpful....gave us information about the island... picked up at the airport on time and dropped us back as well....our room was clean, spacious with nice balcony..the villa is located about 15 min bus ride away from the main town..so the atmosphere is very calm..beach is nearby...about 50-60 steps downhill...bus stop is right next to beach..but buses are not very frequent....they provide basic breakfast for a small charge... Couple of restaurants closeby but better to travel to town as there are many options...only minor downside I can think of is climbing back up from beach will take some efford if you are already tired...but again..it is value for money and nice place to stay if you want place away from the crowd and all the noise...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Christina, the woman who owns the place with her husband, is as sweet as can be. She picked us up from the Ferry and dropped us off at our door. The room was very nice and we even had extra beds. We also had a rooftop that we could go off and see the city. The location is perfect, but make sure you pay attention when she shows you how to get there because Mykonoes itself is confusing. On our last day, Christina was so nice that she drove us at 5AM to the airport so we wouldnt miss our flight. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the mamas pension in late June. I had an amazing experience. The rooms were located on a hilltop and were walking distance to the beach. Christina was incredibly friendly, cordial, and hospitable. I would definitely stay there again if I ever visited Myconos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at Mamas last year and stayed again this year. Christina is an amazing lady and incredibly helpful. Her rooms are bright, clean and come with air con. Christina is on call for any help, she even came to our room at 11 at night to help us! Lifts to the ferry and airport are all part of the hospitality provided. Christina's lovely daughter is now helping out at the apartments too and is a great asset to the establishment. We recommend staying at Mamas to anyone who wants to stay on Mykonos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mina Beach Hotel
Mina Beach Hotel
#8 of 9 in Agios Stefanos
Mykonian Mare Luxury Boutique Hotel

Been to Mama's Pension? Share your experiences!