My boyfriend and I recently spent 3 days in Mykonos at the Mykonos Grace hotel. We had trouble deciding on whether or not to stay in town, or by the beach...and the Grace seemed to have the best of both worlds. It is only a 5 minute car ride into town (and the hotel provides a free 24 hr shuttle) , in addition to being right up the hill from Agios Stefanos (small, clean beach accessible by a short path from the hotel - with a great taverna right on the beach). If you don't want to rely on the shuttle to get into town, there is a car rental agency right down the road from the hotel (3 min walk) - which we used to rent a 4 wheel ATV to get out to some of the more distant beaches. Free parking right at the hotel.
When we arrived, we were greeted at the ferry dock by the hotel shuttle driver with cold bottles of water, and cool towels. The shuttle is complementary for the quick drive back to the hotel. At the reception area, we were given champagne as they took us on a quick tour of the hotel. It is GORGEOUS. The rooms were on several levels - some with balconies of varying sizes. Our room was right off the pool on the 3rd level....which I thought might be loud in the morning, since they serve breakfast (included in the room rate) poolside. However, I was very pleasantly surprised that the glass doors leading to the small outdoor deck kept the room almost soundproof. The room itself was great-- plenty of space, VERY large glass shower, and comfy bed.
The food was fantastic! Breakfast was a combination of buffet items (fruits, yogurts, cereals) and a la carte items (eggs, omlettes, pancakes) Lunch was not included - but there was a great selection of local Greek fare - and was delicious! And the view from the pool deck was amazing....looking out past the beautiful infinity pool over the new port and the ocean. It was a great place to have a drink before heading into town for an evening meal. Although we did not have dinner here - many guests, especially those with small children, were dining at the hotel in the evening. They place lanterns around the pool in the evening to really create a romantic,serene setting once the sun goes down.
The pool area was wonderful....perfect size infinity pool overlooking the ocean, with plenty of lounging areas. Great to come back to after a day at the beach.
We both got massages while we were there---along with use of the steam room...which was very relaxing.
There is an internet room (free Wi-fi!) and a beautiful library room, with a porch and comfy chairs overlooking the ocean.
Certainly, the BEST part of Mykonos Grace was the staff....they are so amazingly helpful with suggestions for dining, as well as what beaches to visit, nightlife, etc. The manager was constantly on site, and really took time with all the guests to personally ensure that each was having a wonderful time. He even gave us free champagne while waiting for the shuttle one evening. The restaurant/bar staff were fantastic - very personable, and always joking with us, while providing excellent service.
I would HIGHLY recommend Mykonos Grace for anyone looking for a trendy hotel with incredible staff - and at a very reasonable price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grace Mykonos is an intimate, exclusive boutique hotel located just north of Mykonos town above the sandy and protected beach of Agios Stefanos. Grace Hotels touches include Nespresso coffee machine facilities in all suites and a Boutique SPA offering a holistic range of the purest body care harvested from nature. Guests at the Grace Mykonos are treated to an ideal setting, comprising luxurious facilities and intimate hospitality for a unique experience at the hotel as well as throughout a relaxed and pampered Mykonian island holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grace Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grace Agios Stefanos
- Grace Mykonos Hotel Agios Stefanos