The Mykonos Grace did not disappoint at all. We stayed for a week in May and hated leaving.
We arrived slightly before the season gets going and had booked a superior double which was worth the upgrade for the private balcony including plunge pool (more like a hot tub)
The room wasn't huge but more than comfortable for a week with a stunning bathroom and nice touches including the daily treats provided by the hotel.
The breakfast which is included in the price was great - lots to choose from and felt very leisurely without the usual breakfast by 10am policy with some hotels. We had a couple of lunches at the hotel which were nice but definitely try the taverna on the beach below which was lovely.
We also had dinner one night in the hotel which usually we wouldn't do but the restaurant in the evening is stunning with some amazing views and the service was so attentive and the food was amazing.
Mykonos is an expensive resort and restaurants in the town were pretty pricey, even compared with London prices, although some bargains can be found, we had a pizza one night in a random outdoor restaurant which was great and very affordable.
We'd definitely consider the Grace again and have already looked at the website to check out the Santorini ine.
The one small downside is that the hotel is a little out of town and I can imagine in peak season it may be more difficult to get to and fro from the hotel despite the bus service. Although depending on what you are in Mykonos for staying around the hotel in the evening may not be a problem anyway.
The only way the hotel can improve is to take guests back to the airport slightly later than they currently do. The airport is minute and it didn't take long to check in etc so we got there way too early and would have preferred an extra hour at the hotel. Being picked up at the airport was a faultless experience though and a great touch.
It's definitely a boutique hotel with lots of style but none of the pretensions that you sometimes get with a great team of staff and friendly atmosphere.
Definitely try booking through the hotel website too, we used their Early Bird deal and it seemed more reasonable than Mr and Mrs Smith etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grace Mykonos is an intimate, exclusive boutique hotel located just north of Mykonos town above the sandy and protected beach of Agios Stefanos. Grace Hotels touches include Nespresso coffee machine facilities in all suites and a Boutique SPA offering a holistic range of the purest body care harvested from nature. Guests at the Grace Mykonos are treated to an ideal setting, comprising luxurious facilities and intimate hospitality for a unique experience at the hotel as well as throughout a relaxed and pampered Mykonian island holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grace Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grace Agios Stefanos
- Grace Mykonos Hotel Agios Stefanos