“What a wonderful stay !”

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
BORDEAUX FRANCE
“What a wonderful stay !”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Our stay in November, outside the summer crowd, in the Rocabella hotel was really amazing !
We had the "honeymoon" room with panoramic views of the sea and Mykonos village. Wonderful !
The entire staff was absolutely perfect, nice, kind, smiling, attentive.
Our kind regards for Tasos, our host, who received us with much kindness and great professionalism.
He anticipated all things, with lots of little touches very rare in an hotel.
The fabulous gargantuan breakfasts also, so good, so various, cooked by Olga.
I can't say enough praises so everything was perfect.
Thank you again to all the team for the quality of its service. My husband and I plan to return soon. Beatrice B. from Bordeaux (France)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear beatrice b,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer next year.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but see you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page !
We will be more than happy to see them posted ;)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We were there late in the season so we didn't get to enjoy the beautiful pool but we did have some great poolside lunch and drinks and service.
What stood out most about this hotel was the service. Everything from scooter rental, site seeing, restaurants, beaches, and free messages everyone was more than accommodating.
The only criticism would be the breakfast. It was ordinary at best.
If you are a runner this hotel offers a perfect starting point for a scenic island run.
They upgraded our room so we had a killer roof-top deck to enjoy the sunsets.
They also greet you with a couple very nice welcome treats.

Dear Michael S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
In general our breakfast is supposed to be one of the best on the island. Although, I would like to express my deepest apologies and assure you that we will correct this immediately. I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise. I am pleased that your contact with all the rest of the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are traveling to Greece again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Greece was most enjoyable.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Pros: Quiet location, staff was pleasant and accommodating, random surprises, breakfast, free parking, free wireless internet, nice pool, nice view, close walk to see a great sunset, A/C in rooms

Cons: Pool wasn't heated, view could have been even better if the telephone poles/lines were not there

We went to Greece on our Honeymoon in October. We chose this hotel based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. It is located outside a populated area, relatively close to the cruise ship docks (20 minutes from the airport - they transferred us from the airport for 7 euros/person). I would consider the location perfect because it does make it quieter and less crowded (but also next to some other hotels). Upon arriving, the receptionist welcomed us and gave us a glass of champagne and took about 20 minutes to go over what the island had to offer while they moved our bags up to our room. We asked about renting ATVs and they put us in contact with a rental company (25 euros/day and they pick you up from the hotel, free parking at the hotel) and had some good restaurant recommendations. We then walked up to the room, which was very white and very clean. The motif of the area was like a cruise ship and the room was very bright. The room had a balcony with chairs which with a view over the sea (it would be nice if the town took down the telephone poles that run in front of the hotel - they get in the way of the view). The room did have A/C, but since it was October it wasn't completely necessary. About a half hour after we arrived, we heard a knock at the door and it was a staff member with chocolate fondu and a bottle of champagne. It was quite a pleasant surprise. Later in the evening, we came back to find that they had lit the tea lights in the outside glass lanterns, which was also a great surprise. Since it was in the lower season, it wasn't very crowded at all which was a good thing (which made it much quieter). We never had a problem getting a seat near the pool. The one improvement that I would suggest is that they heat the pool when it gets into October because the air temperature made it warm enough to use the pool but the pool was pretty cold (probably in the low 60sF). The breakfast was included in our rate and it was the best breakfast that we had in Greece. It is served outside near the pool which gave it a good ambiance. Overall, we had a great experience at Rocabella.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is higher up (better views)
Geroge Kalfopoulos
Dear Sean F,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
So, its sure not good bye but see you soon…

We will be more than happy to see them posted ;)

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We spend 2 nights at the Honeymoon suites of Rocabella in late September. I suppose it was going into the low season so we didn't see too many other guests and we did enjoy the peace.
The Honeymoon package we got include: roundtrip transfers service, welcome champagne, chocolate fondue and a 30mins Spa sessions each. We are very satisfy with the room and the service and all the little things they prepared for us.

Overall it was a nice stay, but the spa was very terrible.
Unfortunately, my boyfriend got sun burn in our earlier stay in Santorini so we have arrange the two 30mins sessions into one 60mins session, and I went up to the fornt desk to reserve a spa appointment on the first day I arrived, surprisingly I was told it was fully book (Without seeing many other hotel guests) and they will try to slot me into tomorrow schedule. Then I was told it was still unavailable and the only available time they have is the 10:00am on my check out day. Although its a little rush but since there is no other option I went to this appointment.

Its was very early and I can clearly see the masseuse don't really wanted to be here.
The whole session was unprofessional and very disappointing, the masseuse don't really know how to do things and the duration of the session was more like 25mins rather then 60mins. But it was so uncomfortable that I glad it end as short session.

So Dont go to the Spa, but the hotel was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jc00168,
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to immediately book a cooperating masseuse and offer you the therapy in the convenience of your suite. The interaction with our team member with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise. I am pleased that your contact with all the rest of the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 November 2012

we stayed at this hotel for 2 days in the third week of October and had a very pleasant stay. When we reached we were welcomed with glasses of champagne and chocolate fondue in our room. The room was very well decorated and with a great view. The bathroom was very clean and quite big. The room had a balcony with splendid view of the sea. The hotel is around 4 km from the city and walkable during the day time.

Service: the hotel staff was extremely helpful and hospitable. They arranged for free shuttle service to drop and pick us from the Chora town. Maria at the reception was very good with recommending us some great place around the island.

Food: breakfast is served in open air and had wide variety of breads, juices, jams and cereals.

2 Thank inawhsa
RocabellaMykonos, Manager at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for that amazing review!
Be sure that such reviews make all of us try more and more to offer to each of our friends the BEST vacation experience!!!
We are thrilled that our staff was able to make your stay unforgettable. The pure guest orientated mentality molds this “feel like home” scenery!
We are looking forward to your next visit, in either of our hotels (Santorini | Caldera or Mykonos) no matter if it will be for leisure or just to dine in one of our signature restaurants.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Rocabella in Mykonos for 3 nights in October for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived we had excellent customer service. The friendly receptionist offered us champagne and gladly went over a map of the area even recommending restaurants and areas to visit. Each night the hotel gives you a little treat in your room which was a lovely surprise. If you sit around the pool you are immediately given a glass of cold water, along with other goodies! The rooms were gorgeous and very clean and we loved the experience at the hotel we had during our honeymoon. Definitely stay here if you are looking for a romantic and fun experience! BONUS: SUPER comfy beds.

Dear Emily S,
Thank you for that amazing review!
We love that you enjoyed your sleep. Be sure to visit us again this year as we are upgrading our pillow menu and top mattresses to goose down quality…
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at the Rocabella during a week at the end of October 2012 for four nights. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel shuttle bus and after a ten minute journey we arrived at the hotel. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and relaxed outside admiring the view before we went to our room.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite as it was my birthday and it was amazing! The room is separated from the rest of the hotel with windows nearly all the way round and stunning views over the ocean. Jacuzzi bath on the balcony and a spa bath and shower in the bathroom. We had bathrobes and slippers ready for us on the bed. We had a great big bed and two large chairs in the room. The room had a flatscreen, dvd player and a stereo. There was a minibar and you could also have a free half hour massage in the spa. The room has a private balcony and an area with seats directly out the front of it.
Not long after being in the room we were given chocolate fondue and fruit which was a lovely welcoming gesture.
Each night when we returned to the room all the tealights had been lit with some kind of gift waiting for us, chocolates etc. It was all the extra touches that make this hotel deserve 5 stars from me.
Breakfasts were good, lots of choice of hot food and fruits etc with great views over the pool and out to the sea. There are day beds, loungers and sofas around the pool and a pool bar which serves snacks off a menu 24/7. The food is fab and if you happen to be sunbathing round the hotel during the day you might find they give you glasses of water with a lemon slice and local snacks which was a really nice touch. The music round the pool is very relaxing too.
The hotel runs a shuttle bus into Mykonos town every hour or so which is worth taking advantage of, taxis are about 6euros. We ate out in town every night and the last return was about 10.30pm.There is a hotel bar in the reception area which had a happy hour on cocktails 6pm-9pm while we were there.
There is a beach to the left of the hotel which is down a bit of a steep hill but worth it when you get there. There is a small shop, a pub and a few tavernas there.
Overall its a very relaxing, romantic hotel (candles everywhere around the hotel) and it was quiet at the end of the season which made it feel even more peaceful. I would definitely return to the hotel we were so sad to be going home!The staff were very friendly and helpful which really makes a difference when you stay in a small hotel like this one. Perfect stay thankyou!

Room Tip: I dont think you can get a bad room here it looks like they all have fab views out over the ocean
1 Thank lotsofshoes22
Dear lotsofshoes22,
Thank you for that amazing review!
We are glad that you enjoyed our Greek buffet breakfast offering authentic and fresh Greek products!
I must agree with you. The view is just amazing from each corner of the hotel as we have the privilege to overview, Delos , Tinos , Syros, Mykonos Town, and Ornos !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Stefanos
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Myconian Villa Collection

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!