“Amazing hotel and staff!!”

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I chose the hotel based on the reports I had read about the excellent service and attention at this hotel, and the truth is that the comments fall short. From arrival at the hotel the staff make you feel at home, thanks to the kindness and courtesy.
Overall the hotel rooms are very good and the view amazing. The breakfast that is included is delicious.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the beach of Agios Stefanos, and even they offer free shuttle service to town every hour, it's best to rent a motorbike or a car to move freely around the island.
The best of the hotel is the service and attention provided by the staff. I really highly recommend the hotel and at the next opportunity I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: For the noise, choose a room that does not have a jacuzzi on top
2  Thank jzubieta2013
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear jzubieta2013,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer this summer.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 with my family. Words fail me to do justice to the beautiful place. From the moment you step in, the staff makes you feel special. They are so warm and caring. The rooms are breathtakingly beautiful. Very tastefully decorated and comfortable. The view from the hotel is awesome. The buffet breakfast is also fab. I would love to return to rocabella again sometime. Thanks, for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kbindia

Dear kbindia,

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel iis fantastic. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Irene.She pointed out some points of interest of the Island. The breakfast is taken by the pool and was delicious and perfect.I recommend this hotel.

4  Thank Androurse2013

Dear Androurse2013,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team and especially with Irene was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband and I are from Southern California but decided Greece for our two week honeymoon even though we live in one of the most beautiful places around we had to get away for a bit since we love to travel. Im a research queen, for our honeymoon I spent about 4-6 months preping the trip. I must have researched every single hotel on Mykonos before i settled on Rocabella, my focus was to find a hotel which offered a private jucizzi/hot tub and a large honeymoon suite and didnt cost an arm and a leg. Now we never spend a lot on hotels since im such a bargin hunter but this was our honeymoon so i thought we could spoil ourselves for a few days in Mykonos to get the trip started off right... Fist off when we were picked up from the airport the driver was not friendly at all, prior to that all the other people we had encountered in Greece had be extremely friendly and warm, especailly cab drivers and hotel employees. But maybe he just didnt feel like talking. So we arrived Rocabella and were greeted with large glasses of champange and a beautiful clean, white open lobby area. We were asked to sit with a few other couples while Maria explained the island to us and pointed out some points of intrest on a map (VERY helpful since we visited most of the areas later in our stay). We then were shown to our room, I was expecting much much more than what we got- from the photos on the hotel website we should have gottten a VERY large and PRIVATE outdoor space room. The room was beautiful, VERY small and had candles lit, wine and a cheese and meat platter that i had ordered before arriving. I would have complained on the spot about the room size but it was very late at night and quite romantic. Then we looked out onto our patio with the jacuzzi, the patio was very large but the jacuzzi was made of stone not fiberglass and nice like on their website. It looked like an inverted cave. Also our neighboors could see directly onto our patio and we were on a service driveway that was next to the pool so NOT PRIVATE at all for the honeymooners. We decided to go with the flow and take a nice hot dip, my husband gets in and the water is very cool he says, there are no controls to be found. We call the front and they say thats as hot as it gets, did we leave it running for a long time? Yes we left it on for a couple hours it didnt get past 70 degrees. Not nice when the wind is 25 mph. So the whole point of the room was lost. The price I paid for the room almost 1100$ for 3 nights was an absolute rip off for what was advertised vs what we got. The people at the resort we SO nice thogh extremely friendly and accomodating we LOVED them all so we didnt want to complain. The breakfast everymorning was an incredible spread of eggs, fresh jams, juice, coffee, fresh yogurt, fruit, pasteries more than you could want or need. One day we were going into town early so i asked if they had any paper cups to take coffee to town and the man that works there told me he would go into town the next day to buy paper cups how nice is that?! The pool was too cold to use bc it wasnt heated but we still relaxed by it, they played very odd opera music one day that i was not a fan of and actually made me anxious but my hubby was able to sleep through it. Overall the staff made this place I would not come back unless we could get a room that was much cheaper for the same size, this room was more than we paid throughout our entire 2 week honeymoon and the least liked and least private, smallest room we had sadly and all because of false advertisment on the website. Also it is quite far from town being away from all restraunts and the beauty of the island and harbor. One more thing to note about the hotel is that while there is not a restuant they do have room service at amazing prices with HUGE portions and delicios fresh food! All in all its up to the individuial but please dont base your choice on the hotel website photos.

Room Tip: Do not get a jacuzzi suite it is like being in a cold bath or a cold pool. Also NOT private.
1  Thank kelley p
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Loved this hotel, a transfer from the airport and then greeted by Maria a charming host who told us about the hotel also provided with a glass of fizz to unwind. The rooms are modern and I did find the lack of storage in the standard room a little inconvenient, however they are well kept and very clean. The pool and bar area have stunning views over the sea and service is first class. Breakfast is taken by the pool or inside, lovely breads, yogurt and the home made cherry compote was to die for, wish I could have brought a jar home! It was a special wedding anniversary on the 5th night of our stay and we were brought a cake and bottle of fiizz also told we could have a room upgrade for the last 3 nights of our stay to the honeymoon suite! It was spacious with an outside jacuzzi and a lovely balcony it made our stay even better. This hotel goes the extra mile, by providing little extras, i.e. glasses of cold water when lounging by the pool or a small treat brought to your room in the evenings, I would recommend this hotel for a holiday.
Mykonos is a windy island (gale force at times) we asked when the winds stopped and were told September, also the restaurants in M town are expensive, but there are cheaper options if you dont want to spend 100 euros on a meal for two. A fantastic hotel and we hope to return in the near future.

4  Thank JeniferLeeds
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear JeniferLeeds,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Keep also in mind that we discussed the lack of storage issue with Irene and we decided to put some extra rails and hangers in the superior type of rooms to add some space.
Regarding the home made cherry compote, feel free to contact Irene so as to send you home some!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed here during our honeymoon trip for couple nights. The hotel staff was very attentive and when we checked in, they spent time to sit down with us and went through the map and tourist information. I haven't had that from other hotels I stayed at. Good job!

The hotel is very cool and artsy. I like that everything is so simple and clean looking. They sent us chocolate fondue and other sweets to our hotel and that was a very nice touch.

I love the breakfast and the free shuttle bus. Make sure you book ahead to reserve your spot as the shuttle can only fit 6 or 8 passengers. Also, get to the pickup spot 10 minutes in advance. The shuttle bus won't wait for people.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank vazworld

Dear vazworld,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Keep also in mind that we discussed the shuttle issue with Irene and we decided that we will have 5 minutes plus minus window on the shuttle appointment.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We travelled here last week (9th May) for 4 days for our 10th wedding anniversary treat, and can honestly say we picked the best possible place to stay.
We were collected from the airport and met in reception by the lovely Maria and two glasses of fizz - great start! Maria gave us some great tips about things to see and places to eat and drink, her advice was really useful.
Our room (106) was simply lovely - bright and clean and so comfortable, by far the most comfortable Greek bed I have ever slept in. Within ten minutes we were provided with more fizz and a fruit/choclate fondue which we thouroughly enjoyed on our spacious balcony.
The view is amazing, the shuttle into town is so very convenient both in the day and at night time, and the beach is literally a 5minute walk down hill.
Lovely restaurant on the beach (blue sign, Epistrophe?), a fantastic place up the steps behind the beach (Liminos) - the driver wasn't lying when he said the best lamb in Mykonos!
Little Venice is well worth a visit, and the town of Mykonos itself is great to lose your bearings in! Lovely windy little streets with bars and places to eat in abundance.
Breakfast at the hotel, I felt, was super. Hot options (the little baked egss were a real hit with us!), smoothies, lovely Greek yoghurt and honey and great breads, cheeses, hams and fruits.
We would love to go back and maybe one day we will - it far exceeded our expectations. Its the first time we can say we have felt so chilled out and relaxed in quite a few years!
Gorgeous rooms, great views, great places to eat and lovely smiley accommodating staff.
Go there- you wont be disappointed!

1  Thank weezeShropshire

Dear weezeShropshire,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this. Especially Maria!
Keep also in mind that we discussed the Jacuzzi issue with our maintenance team and we found a solution regarding the noise. We also stet the Jacuzzi timers to operate less hours per day (meaning that they are powered of during the quiet hours)
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Stefanos
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Boheme
Boheme
#6 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!