“Bravo!!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
“Bravo!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Thank you so much Rocabella-team. Was a great pleasure to be your guests.
It's a lovely comfortable aand small hotel. Not too much guests so we felt all the time as special guests.
The room was very nice and comfortable with jacuzzi on the terrace (de-luxe-room after an an upgrade free of charge!). The bed had special mattresses, so we slept like in heaven. Great bathroom with a great shower!
Most important was the friendly and always helpful and warm staff.
Location is perfect, close to Mykonos town but far away to relax and enjoy all the silence without the noises of parties. The right location for relaxed and quiet holidays.
Breakfast was superb and dinner in the restaurant was always perfect.
If we'll ever come to Mykonos again, we'll stay in Rocabella mykonos, for sure!!

Room Tip: We !had room 103 and it was perfect for us
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank EllenHirt
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear EllenHirt !
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered and I am really sorry that you could enjoy the services provided by our restaurant!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I don't think I've ever been prompted to write a review of a hotel before I actually left, but for excellent reasons it's time to make an exception.

First off, the welcome was genuinely warm and friendly. Our room (side view superior) had its own jacuzzi outside on our own private bathing area. Small enough hotel (17 rooms) that nothing seems too much trouble. Rooms are prettily decorated, toiletries spa-esque in quality. Aircon worked well, not always a given in Greece!

Bar and restaurant focuses on local rather than international produce. (no Savoy cocktail book here, own-made cocktails with fresh fruit the norm, but you are on a Greek island, after all) Having been through literally hundreds of cut and paste hotel breakfasts, the one served here is a genuine contender for one of the best ever, a wonderfully varied smorgasbord of locally sourced foods.

Lunch is generally meze style, not a club sandwich to be seen. Dinners a similar menu with a small but well thought out selection of meat, fish and vegetables.

Gym was a little spartan, but if you're more intent on working out more than anything else, perhaps you should reassess what it is you are here for in the first place!

It's also in the details- a lovely chocolate fondue in our room on the first day. Candles lit in your room when it gets turned in the evening while you are out to dinner. Complimentary water, fruits (and the occasional shot!) and rose water towels around the pool during the day.

All in all, a fabulous experience. As ever, it's down to value for money and Rocabella does this in droves. Having been a victim of Lake Como's most "exclusive" spa resort, complete with its arrogance and aloof service (I can't bring myself to name and shame them yet again so you get away with it this time C____ D___!!) it goes to show that to get to stay at a top place you don't always have to pay top dollar.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank imantsauzins
Dear imantsauzins!
What can I say more that I thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us before you even left!

Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

It was our first time visiting lovely Mykonos, and the Rocabella hotel complemented the beautiful island and offered us much more than we expected. We felt part of a trendy club by staying there as the staff are all so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, close enough to the bustling Mykonos town, but far enough to cut off and chill out. The room was special, offering fantastic views of the bay and a super comfy mattress. It was very stylish (as is the hotel as a whole) and cleaned twice daily. We always found sweet tokens and messages when we returned to our room after dinner, making all the difference from the standard treatment offered by most hotels around the world. The hotel restaurant ERGON was outstanding and we highly recommend it to anybody visiting Mykonos for an authentic Greek dinner. The breakfast was extensive with a modern trendy twist while maintaining traditional Greek ingredients. Highly recommended, and well done to the entire Rocabella team! Jessica and Julian Galea - Malta

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JulianGalea
Dear Jessica and Julian!
What can I say more that I thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed at the Rocabella in May in a Jacuzzi suite. Both the hotel and the room were lovely. Breakfasts as others have already said, were delicious and there was plenty of choice. It was a shame that the restaurant was not yet open (we'd understood from the hotel's website that it would be open from May 1st ) but the bar snack menu was pretty good. The hotel is near a very nice beach which is a few minutes' stroll away and there are two good value tavernas on the beach too. If you don't feel like the beach, the hotel's pool area is a nice place to relax, although the pool was unheated (I think it gets heated later in the season). As others have commented on, the hotel's staff are lovely and go out of their way to help with recommendations and information about the island. Shuttle service into town is a bonus. There is also a little shop at the hotel which looks lovely but we didn't get the chance to visit as it wasn't open yet. I think there is a spa too but again it was perhaps too early in the season for it to be open? It would be great to get some info in the room about this sort of thing. Overall it's a lovely hotel which is good value for money on an expensive island, so I'd recommend it.

Dear londonaustralia,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer this summer.
Also note that our pool is not heated as in the rest hotels of the island.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I chose the hotel based on the reports I had read about the excellent service and attention at this hotel, and the truth is that the comments fall short. From arrival at the hotel the staff make you feel at home, thanks to the kindness and courtesy.
Overall the hotel rooms are very good and the view amazing. The breakfast that is included is delicious.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the beach of Agios Stefanos, and even they offer free shuttle service to town every hour, it's best to rent a motorbike or a car to move freely around the island.
The best of the hotel is the service and attention provided by the staff. I really highly recommend the hotel and at the next opportunity I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: For the noise, choose a room that does not have a jacuzzi on top
2 Thank jzubieta2013
Dear jzubieta2013,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!

mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 with my family. Words fail me to do justice to the beautiful place. From the moment you step in, the staff makes you feel special. They are so warm and caring. The rooms are breathtakingly beautiful. Very tastefully decorated and comfortable. The view from the hotel is awesome. The buffet breakfast is also fab. I would love to return to rocabella again sometime. Thanks, for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kbindia
Dear kbindia,

Repentigny, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel iis fantastic. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Irene.She pointed out some points of interest of the Island. The breakfast is taken by the pool and was delicious and perfect.I recommend this hotel.

4 Thank Androurse2013
Dear Androurse2013,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team and especially with Irene was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Stefanos
Andronikos Hotel
Andronikos Hotel
#4 of 82 in Mykonos Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!