“I wish we could stay forever!”
Review of Naxian Collection

Naxian Collection
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Agios Prokopios
mbhops13
“I wish we could stay forever!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Naxian Collection far exceeded anything we had dreamed of. My husband and I stayed at Naxian for our June Honeymoon. We had just come off two days of sightseeing in Athens which was amazing, but left us exhausted and with headaches from the noise from the traffic and diesel fuel. So when we arrived at Naxian all we wanted to do was relax and that’s exactly what we did. From the moment we were picked up at the ferry to the arrival at the Hospitality Area we were greeted with the utmost enthusiasm. Before we were checked into our room we were given the tour of Naxian thru a map and told about all the places we should visit and then offered us assistance with a rental car. Since we were just there for three days and we really came to enjoy the beaches we declined, but I thought just offering was above and beyond. We were also told about the BBQ, Ioannis, would be hosting that night. My husband was extremely excited about this since all the food was fresh from the land.

Next we checked into our rooms…we stayed in one of the Villas with the private pools. O-M-GEEEEE…they are amazing. Roomy, spacious, every decorating detail of the marble was perfection. And the pool and surrounding view are incomparable. We immediately broke into the complimentary wine in the fridge and jumped in the pool. The pool was clean and refreshing…so was the wine!

Before dinner we walked down to the beach which is about a 15 minute walk. There on the beach are chairs and umbrellas you can rent for 5 Euros and a strip of restaurants and bars. We stopped and got a beer and just took in the view. The water is so clear and with the mountains in the background…AHHHH…nirvana.

The BBQ that Ioannis hosted was AMAZING! It seriously felt like I was sitting down with my Husband’s family for Sunday dinner. The tomatos, zucchini, salad, wine, lamb, chicken, beef…it was such a HUGE spread, I couldn’t stop trying and eating everything in sight. We were also introduced to the rest of the couples here, which was really fun because they were from all over and to Ioannis wife, Maria and their daughter, Julia. The most adorable and sweet family ever! We stayed up talking and drinking with some of them until 2 a.m.

The rest of our time was spent at the beach, in our pool and like I said just relaxing. Anything and everything we needed Naxian provided us…from afternoon espresso by our pool to a personal ride back to the ferry from Iaonnis with a stop for some gelato. It was the most relaxing and ROMANTIC (probably due to the seclusion of our villa) time that we have ever had in our six years together. We couldn’t be happier that we chose Naxian and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone traveling to Greece. (The Island of Naxos has the most beautiful beaches, the nicest people and it doesn’t have the high tourism, crowds and it isn’t as expensive as the other islands…go to NAXOS over Paros or Mykonos for sure!) We hope to get back some day!

Thank you Ioannis and Maria for EVERYTHING!

OHHHHH...and the breakfasts that are served every morning are TO DIE FOR...the food doesn't stop coming and it's all homemade and delcious and they pack it up for you to bring back to your room for later in the afternoon. It's AMAZING!!!

1 Thank mbhops13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

When we arrived at port, Ioannis (the owner) was waiting to take us to the suit, he welcomed the family and explained the way to the villas and about the island.
Very clean and nice villas, home made breakfast, lots of information to go around the island. All management people you meet at the resort are one family, Ionnis wife, his mother & sister in law, all very nice people.
Beautiful place highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 June 2011

First of all I wish TRIP ADVISOR had this hotel listed under NAXOS and not St Prokopios Beach! If not for my pushing my AMAZING travel agent to find me THE BEST hotel on Naxos I might not have found this place and we would have missed out on the HIGHLIGHT of our time on the Greek Islands!

There is so much to write but let me start by highlighting the two most outstanding things about Naxian Collection.

One. The Villas. Our Villa was SPECTACULAR - and we saw two others that were equally AMAZING!

Two. The staff. Maria and Ioannis and Georgia and Maryanna. There is NOTHING they won't do to ensure you the BEST stay possible!

Now let me expand. Each VILLA is private and TOTAL 5-Star. We had a fully-stocked kitchen with a full-size fridge (which even had water and wone when we arrived), and a great coffe/espresso machine, a bedroom (with REALLY comfortable beds and yummy pillows) with a balcony, great air, and a great view of the sea and the mountains, large and bright bathrooms equipped with everything you could dream of, PLENTY of closet and drawer space, a private pool, jacuzzi, and a balcony with a view of the sea to die for! I could have just sat on my deck with a glass of wine and stared at the sea and the mountains for hours....I have been in the travel business for a long time and my husband and I could not stop marvelling at the attention to detail that went into building these villas. No expense was spared in the building - soooo much beautiful marble - and the attention to detail in the design blows your mind! And I LOVED the Korres bath products they have...I am addicted now! Oh and the free wi-fi worked great and was super fast! In short - the Villas are amazing and so homey! I felt like I could live there forever!!!

And now - the Staff. When I was planning our Greek Getaway I kept reading on Trip Advisor about how friendly people were at this hotel or another, how much they went out of their way to make them feel like family, etc. etc,. etc. Well - as cliche as it sounds, this was EXACTLY our experience at Naxian. I felt like I was living a Trip Advisor review, it was so bizarre. But REALLY, at the risk of sounding SO CLICHE, from the first moment we walked in we felt so welcome and by the time we left I had goosebumps because I really felt like I was leaving friends! HONESTLY, I was so sad to leave!!

I don't know about you but I don't mind spending money when I feel I'm getting value and moreover, I love to spend money at businesses whose owners REALLY care, and I have never met owners who car or give more than Ioannis and Maria. I cannot think if a better place to spend money than Naxian Collection because I have never met owners who care more about their guests' experience and I have never met a staff more determined to please the guests and do whatever it takes to make guests happy than this hotel.

Georgia and Maryanna greeted us every morning and served a breakfast that I have never experienced. My husband and I are not breakfast people but the food was so good we couldn't resist. REALLY, the food at Naxian Collection was the best food we had on the trip!! As I said when I was there, there are very few times in my life when I can remember saying something I ate was AMAZING. The HOMEMADE food that Maryanna makes and thet she and Georgia serve in the morning is INCREDIBLE - we were so spoiled because the breakfasts we had in other hotels on our trip weren't very good to begin with, but weren't even in the same universe as the food at Naxian!!! It was so cute because they were always so worried that we didn't eat enough and were afraid we didn't like it and Maryanna and Georiga would insist we take food for the day and Maryanna would pack us food to take with us!

And one more thing about the food - and again - we're not big food people. My husband said the food reminded hiim of what his grandmother made so Maryanna began making food especially for him! It was crazy - the food was so great!!!

The topping on the cake, was Maria and Ioannis! They are so warm and genuine and such loving and generous people and they truly, truly, truly, want each person to love the hotel and love Naxos and there is nothing they won't do to make that happen.

From the first moment we got there and they knew we needed a car and they had taken care of it and told us Europcar would be at the hotel the next morning with the car we knew we had entered "pampered-vacation-land"! And it only got better...

This generosity is not only on the hotel property - they introduced us to "their home" and they make sure that wherever you go on the Island people know you are THEIR guests so you will ge the best treatment and service!

Did I forget to tell you that everyone on Naxos knows Maria and Ioannis????

One night we were at a restaurant in town and we were there for like 15 minutes and no one paid much attention to us, Ioannis happened to come by the restaurant and notice we were there and must have said something to waiter because all of the sudden the guy comes running up to us and can't do enough for us for the rest of the night! We felt like celebrities!

And if that was something the treatment they give each guest at the hotel is beyond pampering - from the bar-b-que (OMG - AMAZING FOOD) they had as a gift to the guests to the home-made olives from the farm on the property fom the fruits they bring from one of the tens of farms Maria's father has to Ioannis' home-made wine and Raki we had lots of yammas (cheers in Greek) in Naxos!!!

So, in short, if you want a vacation feeling like you are in complete luxury and being treated like royalty - DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER! Stop here right now and book!

Heaven on earth (vacation-wise) for me would be staying at Naxian Collection for a week with Maria and Ioannis!

We hope to go back this winter and "just be" in pure luxury!

Thank you ALL at Naxian Collection for an experience of a lifetime!

Lots of Love,

Maia and Avi

1 Thank MaiaHoffman
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

What a stroke of good fortune with the cancellation of our Naxos accommodation. On recommendation we made our new booking with Naxos Collection and had a wonderful luxury villa with large swimming pool just a short distance form Naxos town for nine nights.
From the outset Ioannis & his staff, Georgia & Maryanna made us feel part of a Greek family & breakfast became a wonderful waist expanding experience. My wife and I always left with enough food for the rest of the day, all Greek specialities on top of the traditional "big breakfast's"
The accommodation was 5 star with luxurious furnishings & appliances for self catering if required.
All in all if anyone is looking for the very best & friendliest accommodation on Naxos this is the place to try & don't forget to accept the invitation to Ioannis's BBQ you will not need to eat or drink for a week.

1 Thank mike_dosh
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed in a villa here while island hopping in Greece for our 25th wedding anniversery. After staying in several hotels, staying in the vlla felt like having a home with our pool. The villa, its porch and pool were clean, new, private, spacious, comfortable and beautiful. The staff was friendly, generous and very helpful. They feed us many delicious foods for breakfast and had a drink waiting for us one night when we came home. The owners were very personable. We highly reccommend the villas to travelers.

Paris, France
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Super stay in Naxian Collection. Hotel team is magnificient and the hotel is wonderful...

rhode island
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I found this small luxury property on Trip Advisor and were extremely pleased with our stay. Ioannis and his wife Maria were the perfects hosts and the staff was extraordinary. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to visit Naxos and would also recommend a rental car to better explore the island (the hotel can make car arrangements).
We stayed in a villa with two bedrooms, kitchen facilities, two baths and a private pool. The buildings are perfectly situated to take advantage of the views and enjoy sun splashed days with comfortable breezes. Breakfast is included and was impressive. All breakfast offerings are homemade and juice is freshly squeezed. We were unfamiliar with Naxos but were also favorably impressed by the island and its people. Driving around was easy and the main town center is a 4 to 5 minute drive away.
For anyone looking for a very pleasant Greek island experience then you should consider Naxian Collection and Naxos. Most hotel websites show pictures that do not live up to the real experience of being there. With the Naxian Collection website, what you see is what you get. We are definitely going back! I consider this place a rare find.

Footnote: This property is listed in Stelida on T/A but could (should?) easily appear under the general heading of Naxos as well.

Room Tip: cozy property, each unit is desirable.