Naxian Collection far exceeded anything we had dreamed of. My husband and I stayed at Naxian for our June Honeymoon. We had just come off two days of sightseeing in Athens which was amazing, but left us exhausted and with headaches from the noise from the traffic and diesel fuel. So when we arrived at Naxian all we wanted to do was relax and that’s exactly what we did. From the moment we were picked up at the ferry to the arrival at the Hospitality Area we were greeted with the utmost enthusiasm. Before we were checked into our room we were given the tour of Naxian thru a map and told about all the places we should visit and then offered us assistance with a rental car. Since we were just there for three days and we really came to enjoy the beaches we declined, but I thought just offering was above and beyond. We were also told about the BBQ, Ioannis, would be hosting that night. My husband was extremely excited about this since all the food was fresh from the land.
Next we checked into our rooms…we stayed in one of the Villas with the private pools. O-M-GEEEEE…they are amazing. Roomy, spacious, every decorating detail of the marble was perfection. And the pool and surrounding view are incomparable. We immediately broke into the complimentary wine in the fridge and jumped in the pool. The pool was clean and refreshing…so was the wine!
Before dinner we walked down to the beach which is about a 15 minute walk. There on the beach are chairs and umbrellas you can rent for 5 Euros and a strip of restaurants and bars. We stopped and got a beer and just took in the view. The water is so clear and with the mountains in the background…AHHHH…nirvana.
The BBQ that Ioannis hosted was AMAZING! It seriously felt like I was sitting down with my Husband’s family for Sunday dinner. The tomatos, zucchini, salad, wine, lamb, chicken, beef…it was such a HUGE spread, I couldn’t stop trying and eating everything in sight. We were also introduced to the rest of the couples here, which was really fun because they were from all over and to Ioannis wife, Maria and their daughter, Julia. The most adorable and sweet family ever! We stayed up talking and drinking with some of them until 2 a.m.
The rest of our time was spent at the beach, in our pool and like I said just relaxing. Anything and everything we needed Naxian provided us…from afternoon espresso by our pool to a personal ride back to the ferry from Iaonnis with a stop for some gelato. It was the most relaxing and ROMANTIC (probably due to the seclusion of our villa) time that we have ever had in our six years together. We couldn’t be happier that we chose Naxian and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone traveling to Greece. (The Island of Naxos has the most beautiful beaches, the nicest people and it doesn’t have the high tourism, crowds and it isn’t as expensive as the other islands…go to NAXOS over Paros or Mykonos for sure!) We hope to get back some day!
Thank you Ioannis and Maria for EVERYTHING!
OHHHHH...and the breakfasts that are served every morning are TO DIE FOR...the food doesn't stop coming and it's all homemade and delcious and they pack it up for you to bring back to your room for later in the afternoon. It's AMAZING!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naxian Collection is a complex of luxurious villas & suites each one with its own personal style. All of them are built according to the traditional architecture of Cyclades. Even though Naxian Collection is only 2km far from Naxos town and 700 meters from the famous beach of St Prokopios, it still affords its guests plenty of relaxing privacy. Built upon a hill of great natural beauty, the hotel boasts a panoramic view of this exquisite corner of the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Naxian Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas Hotel Naxos City
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas And Suites
- Naxian Collection Naxos/Agios Prokopios