We went to the Naxian collection with our three young children (6,4 & 9 months) and absolutely loved it!
Janis was very welcoming when we arrived plying us with his own white wine and the local spirit citrone, plus his home made cheese and breads! H also gave us a great round up of things to do on the island. He'll also sort out any reservations you want at the local restaurants etc
Breakfast is epic so much so that most of the guests take the pastries for lunch, the staff are always willing to help, if you don't fancy going out they'll cook you up whatever you want - as long as they have it - if they don't they'll get it in for you. And it's not expensive at all especially when compared to the seafront tavernas. Fed all of us three times for 60 euros.
They do a weekly BBQ which again was a feast, wish I hadn't eaten all day :)
Modern but not trying too hard, the villa was cleaned everyday, private pool was great, we were in #30 right next to the main reception area - which was a good one as we had a bit more outside space than some of the others which included areas of shade all day.
Bathroom and balcony off the master bedroom were great for tired parents at the end of the day.
Also take a walk up the hill opposite - only takes 10 minutes but stunning views over Naxos
Top tips for Naxos
You need a car
Head to Aliko - it's a half built ruined hotel with the best snorkelling and quietest beaches in the island - not as smooth sand as Ag Anna but with bags more character.
Get decent sunglasses, especially for kids- it really is very bright there !
Faros is the best restaurant on Ag Anna
Halki is well worth a trip, amazing small family taverna in the main road on the left as you go up the hill (can't remember the name!)
Picasso is also a great restaurant, the owners have been running it for 20 years so they have it nailed - perfect for kids.
Final note to Brits
We didn't meet or even hear any Brits the whole week apart from on the plane - perfect :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naxian Collection is a complex of luxurious villas & suites each one with its own personal style. All of them are built according to the traditional architecture of Cyclades. Even though Naxian Collection is only 2km far from Naxos town and 700 meters from the famous beach of St Prokopios, it still affords its guests plenty of relaxing privacy. Built upon a hill of great natural beauty, the hotel boasts a panoramic view of this exquisite corner of the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Naxian Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas And Suites
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas Hotel Naxos City
- Naxian Collection Naxos/Agios Prokopios