“excellent restaurant”

The Taverna
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Montpellier, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We went twice at this restaurant and everything was perfect: very nice view, smart decoration, excellent dinner. This was really wonderful. I had pasta chicken , with really good sauce. European style of service. Good fruits offered at the end of the meal. Excellent restaurant, one of the bests in Naxos!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Diane D

• Greek first
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill - or we were just unlucky?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

There's a charming chap who stands outside and waits for you to peruse the menu before starting a conversation and persuading you to take the lift up to the restaurant. He explains that he wouldn't lie - it's the best food in Agios Prokopios (not true) and that it's not more expensive than anywhere else (must have known I am a cheapskate).

Anyway, I thought I'd take a break from saganaki and cheese pies and try some non-Greek food. Big mistake. The tuna salad was nasty and the pasta was, well, average I guess. (When I know I could cook better at home, I know the food is poor). My wife had pork souvlaki and the fried feta with thyme and honey. Dry as a bone.

But, the view is great and the service is no better or worse than anywhere else. It just feels like it's trying to be a cut above the rest and, for my money, it wasn't. Try Colosseo instead - a bit downmarket compared to this place, but a lot more fun - and better food.

• Visited September 2013
PA
“Perfect sunset viewing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant/lounge on our first afternoon. We had a beer in frosty mugs and decided to return for the sunset and dinner. The sunset was amazing and the dinner delicious, especially the grilled octopus. We've returned for more sunset cocktails and to enjoy the view. Be sure to bring a wrap/jacket, as it can be quite windy.

Visited September 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We spent the day on Ag. Prop. beach and decided to walk to this restaurant after reading the reviews on TA. So happy that we walked past all the places right on the beach to eat here. The restaurant is on the roof-top of the hotel. When we arrived ~ 3pm we were the only ones there, which at first made me nervous. However, the menu looked really good, so we decided to stay. The food was great-- I had a salad and my husband had the octopus. It was the best octopus we had during our 2 weeks in Greece. My salad was also really good. We ordered beers and were surprised/excited to get frosted mugs (of course they didn't stay frosted for long). The prices were really good- I was expecting higher. The views were awesome. Would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The tavern is located at the Roof Garden of the eponymous hotel. Has good views, beautiful, civilized and peaceful environment with a small pool and attraction like a telescope to see the stars and the moon. As service is satisfactory, with good flavors, especially the variety of Naxos cheeses , with good portions, other food delicious but not all so (eg The grilled calamari with a variety of vegetables, not worth much), but a little expensive prices. It is worth, however, and therefore view.

• Visited July 2013