“An excellent choice all round!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Birikos Studios

Birikos Studios
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Agios Prokopios
Wellington, New Zealand
“An excellent choice all round!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

Birikos is a 20min bus ride from the port to Agios Prokopios. The bus is a mere 1.60euros each and takes you to the beach area. From there Birikos is only a 2min walk back up the street. Very easy to find as it has the best pool you can see! The family that run the place have had a lot of mention on here for good reason. They are very natural and friendly. We were treated to freshly cut watermelon on arrival there, which we were told they grew in their garden (a nice hospitable touch!) The hotel and pool were kept very clean indeed. Our room was only 56euros a night and we had a cute balcony big enough for breakfast for two. Our room’s tv was tiny but the fridge was a decent size, which was excellent news as we had spotted the next-door supermarket. The rooms were indicative of the price paid, but comfy and great as a base for your stay. The pool, as mentioned, is a highlight for this property. It’s lovely and deep and has a little diving board and plenty of sun loungers. The hotel snack bar is open till 11pm. They do good basic fast food there. Wifi was very slow from our room, but we managed. There are supermarkets, laundromats (8euro for a load washed, dried, and folded), car rentals and restaurants just a stone’s throw away from Birikos. We were gob-smacked at how easy it all was there! An excellent location! The beach was fabulous! Azure blue waters and so crisp and clean. This hotel comes highly recommended by us. And so too does Naxos island. On our final day we didn’t have to catch the ferry till late afternoon, so Maria (lovely host) stored our bags in a safe place for us until we were ready to leave. It’s all very, very easy in Naxos - a wonderful choice for a chilled out holiday!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smarty18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel was a 2 minute walk to one of the best beaches in Greece! The service at the hotel was fantastic, however the room I stayed in was budget/pension style which I was t happy about. My room was leaned every single day which I felt was disgusting considering no one came to at least sweep and empty the bin, especially if they expect you to place your used toilet paper in the bin. I think the room should be cleaned daily. There were creepy crawlies which I hated but my doors opened to a garden, nonetheless a fly screen should be installed. I could hear the people upstairs and next door. The service from Maria and the team was sensational. I'd stay here again only if I was after pension style hotel, otherwise I'd pay extra to stay at more star quality hotel. Great for what you pay for!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I called them up to check availability for the dates I was interested in. They told me they had no availability and that was fine with me, but since I am flexible with my dates I asked them for the dates they had availability.
There answer was: "I am busy and I cannot help you!!!!" and they actually hung up the phone on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say is that, that is completely unprofessional .

Keep up the good work guys I am pretty sure you will be getting lots of business with this kind of attitude!!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

My friend and I arrived on Naxos not knowing the lay of the land, but were happy to discover that our location of choice - Birikos Hotel in Agios Prokopios - was most desirable. Agios Prokopios is a beautiful, large beach with picture perfect clear blue waters and clean, easy to brush off granular sand. The beach was never over run with people and was mostly occupied by adorable young families. Birikos is directly across the street from the path to the main public entrance to the beach and adjacent to the cute commercial strip of Agios Prokopios (supermarkets, restaurants, beach shops, etc.). The hotel is also right in front of a bus stop that takes you into Naxos Town with even more shopping and dining and access to the ferry port and Naxos's historic/ancient sites. Maria Birikos was an absolute delight. She greeted us with orange juice and fresh watermelon from our garden and then put us in an upgraded room, free of charge, just because she happened to have it available at the time of our stay. The hotel is beautiful, the service is warm and generous. I recommend Birikos Hotel to anyone staying on Naxos.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank elizabethcrosen
Birkerod, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Nice and spotless compound and bungalows. We dropped by on our search of a nice place to stay not too far away from the BEAUTIFUL Plaka Beach (10-15 mins by bus, that's running several times/hour - remember to buy tickets at Birikos or at a locale Tobacco store). We were met by smiling mama Maria, who offered drinks and watermelon even before we had booked anything. The bungalow, w a/c (a MUST in June-Aug), we stayed in was spacious consisting of 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and terrasse. Very nice and clean. The pool area is good and the depth varies from 1 to 2,8mt and it has launch, which makes it funny for the kids. We stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank phil150597
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was the most perfect relaxing holiday in the lovely, well managed and spotless Birikos luxury apartments. Nothing was too much trouble for Maria and her family who looked after us so well and who were also so kind and generous. We were offered fruit from the gardens - figs and apricots - and one of my great memories will be of being able to pick a fresh lemon from the lemon tree for our gin & tonic on the front balcony . Heaven! We also arranged a wonderful trip up to the mountain villages and around the island with Yanis, Maria's charming son, who drives a taxi. I am writing this review as I chose the Birikos apartments based on other trip advisor reviews and am so glad I did so. Francesca and friends

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank devaneyf
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

My wife and I visited Naxos with her brother and small children. The owner Maria and Dimitrios were very nice and accommodating. Maria upgraded us from a studio to an apartment to be next to our family. The apartments were spacious and had a great little patio with a view of the pool. We were greeted with coffee and juice and little biscotti's. The apartment is a 3 minute walk to the beach and had a few great tavernas on the beach and were moderately priced. If you ever stay in Naxos you definitly have to stay here.

Room Tip: Taxi to Birikos is about 10 euros.