Birikos is a 20min bus ride from the port to Agios Prokopios. The bus is a mere 1.60euros each and takes you to the beach area. From there Birikos is only a 2min walk back up the street. Very easy to find as it has the best pool you can see! The family that run the place have had a lot of mention on here for good reason. They are very natural and friendly. We were treated to freshly cut watermelon on arrival there, which we were told they grew in their garden (a nice hospitable touch!) The hotel and pool were kept very clean indeed. Our room was only 56euros a night and we had a cute balcony big enough for breakfast for two. Our room’s tv was tiny but the fridge was a decent size, which was excellent news as we had spotted the next-door supermarket. The rooms were indicative of the price paid, but comfy and great as a base for your stay. The pool, as mentioned, is a highlight for this property. It’s lovely and deep and has a little diving board and plenty of sun loungers. The hotel snack bar is open till 11pm. They do good basic fast food there. Wifi was very slow from our room, but we managed. There are supermarkets, laundromats (8euro for a load washed, dried, and folded), car rentals and restaurants just a stone’s throw away from Birikos. We were gob-smacked at how easy it all was there! An excellent location! The beach was fabulous! Azure blue waters and so crisp and clean. This hotel comes highly recommended by us. And so too does Naxos island. On our final day we didn’t have to catch the ferry till late afternoon, so Maria (lovely host) stored our bags in a safe place for us until we were ready to leave. It’s all very, very easy in Naxos - a wonderful choice for a chilled out holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Birikos Studios and Apartments is situated in Agios Prokopios, Naxos, Greece. The hotel covers 7 acres. The whole area belonged to the parents of the owner Maria Kavoura.In 1985 the Friendly Double Rooms were built.All of them are equipped with bed,balcony,tv,a/c and a bathroom.The half of them are equipped with a double bed and a kitchen.In 1995 the Standard Studio Apartments were built.They are completely equipped.Some of them have also sea view or at our swimming pool view.In 2005 The Superior Apartments were built.These are entirely equipped with a beautiful bathroom,1 or 2 bedrooms,2 nice balconys and they have also a nice view at our swimming pool or at Agios Prokopios sea.In 1996 the heart shaped swimming pool was built.The chief of the business Dimitrios Kavouras has made since 1985 a gorgious garden with lot of species of flowers,plants,fruits and vegetables.I think that i have correctly described our beautiful hotel in Agios Prokopios.I'm looking forward to seeing you in our hotel.Thank you very much for your attention ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Birikos Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birikos Studios Agios Prokopios
- Birikos Studios Naxos/Agios Prokopios