After a wild time in Mykonos, was looking forward to some downtime in Naxos which I'd heard has fabulous beaches.
The Birkikos Studios are in a fabulous location - few minutes walk from the blissful Agios Prokopios beach. Also a supermarket, laundry, restaurants, and bike rental places within a few minutes walk. You have to get here from the main port town, but this is where you want to be with the proximity to the beaches.
Maria and her family obviously take great pride in their hotel and were incredibly kind. It seemed like a very family friendly place.
The room itself was quite large, though looking quite dated. That said, it had everything you needed including air con and cooking facilities, and a great clothesline outside. Wifi is available near the front reception, and many people seemed to be enjoying getting a coffee and chatting to Maria. The hotel does have a fabulous pool, which many seemed to be enjoying - though I could never choose the pool over the fabulous beach so close by.
As a solo traveler, this was a bit quiet for me, and not many others my age were staying there, but it was perfectly suitable for a family/older couple looking to keep things low-key and keep the budget under control (as this was extremely affordable).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Birikos Studios and Apartments is situated in Agios Prokopios, Naxos, Greece. The hotel covers 7 acres. The whole area belonged to the parents of the owner Maria Kavoura.In 1985 the Friendly Double Rooms were built.All of them are equipped with bed,balcony,tv,a/c and a bathroom.The half of them are equipped with a double bed and a kitchen.In 1995 the Standard Studio Apartments were built.They are completely equipped.Some of them have also sea view or at our swimming pool view.In 2005 The Superior Apartments were built.These are entirely equipped with a beautiful bathroom,1 or 2 bedrooms,2 nice balconys and they have also a nice view at our swimming pool or at Agios Prokopios sea.In 1996 the heart shaped swimming pool was built.The chief of the business Dimitrios Kavouras has made since 1985 a gorgious garden with lot of species of flowers,plants,fruits and vegetables.I think that i have correctly described our beautiful hotel in Agios Prokopios.I'm looking forward to seeing you in our hotel.Thank you very much for your attention ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Birikos Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birikos Studios Agios Prokopios
- Birikos Studios Naxos/Agios Prokopios