We stayed here just two nights. Overall, we liked the hotel a lot - though it was a little rough around the edges in some places. And the furniture - for some reason it really stood out to me as cheap - which is not something that normally strikes me in a hotel. But still - the place was clean, the staff very friendly, the main pool was a pleasure to swim in, and the breakfast spread was super-yummy. There was even live music on one of the nights we stayed. The best part though was that the hotel was a 5-10 minute walk to a beautiful beach, and only a 10 minute / 10 euro taxi ride into Naxos town.
1) Cleanliness - as I said, some things were a little rough around the edges (a room direction sign for example had fallen off a wall), but overall, the place is spotless.
2) Staff - very friendly and helpful. We tried to rent a car last minute, and the nice lady behind the desk (Nancy) tried at least three places for us - sadly in vain. That leads me to the useful European travel tip - don't try to rent an automatic car in a small town last minute. :(
3) Location - when we were booking, we couldn't decide whether it was better to stay in Naxos town by the harbor or by one of Naxos's renowned beaches. We chose the beach and we're happy with that decision. From the hotel, it was only a 5-10 minute walk to the very beautiful beach of Agios Prokopios. The water there was delicious. And there are tons of little restaurants and shops along the waterfront. We were able to purchase snorkeling gear at one of the little tourist shops and enjoy a morning snorkeling. At the same time, we went frequently into the town of Naxos. The ride is less than 10 minutes, and cost only about 10 euros each way. We might have saved more money doing this in the reverse (staying in Naxos town, and taking a taxi to the beach) - but we were happy with how it worked out.
4) Ability to sleep - We definitely got a good night's rest at this quiet and comfortable hotel.
Bottom line - a comfortable and relaxing hotel by the beach and a short ride from town. It also seems like a good place for families, as there were several staying at this hotel. Not the most romantic place ever, but we were happy honeymooners nonetheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience absolute comfort and undiminished personal care in the chic ambiance of Lagos Mare Hotel in Naxos.Discover the elegance of the Lagos Mare 4-star hotel in Naxos and experience an unparalleled stay with the special attention you deserve in a truly splendid environment designed to cater to our eclectic guests' particular needs.Lagos Mare is a luxury Naxos hotel situated in Agios Prokopios, ideally close to one of Europe's most wonderful beaches with soft sand and crystal clear water. Created to reflect Cycladic finesse with its clear lines and smooth curves, this Naxos hotel manages to fulfil your holiday dreams in its supreme setting. The Lagos Mare Naxos Hotel luxury rooms and suites only succeed in providing you with upscale Naxos accommodation and an unsurpassed level of comfort in their delightful spaces decorated with fine furnishings making it one of the finest Naxos hotels. Even more, the gracious, ever attentive staff will go out of their way to make you feel at home.In Lagos Mare Hotel in Naxos Greece every spot gives you a chance for unwinding and rejuvenation. The beautiful swimming pools, the pool bar and the well-cared garden, as well as the exquisite "1924" restaurant and the beauty and wellness spa centre, make our hotel one of the most bewitching luxury Naxos hotels, where you will enjoy life's refined pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lagos Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagos Mare Agios Prokopios
- Lagos Mare Hotel Agios Prokopios
- Lagos Mare Naxos/Agios Prokopios