“A little piece of paradise away from home.”

Hotel Villa Adriana
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A little piece of paradise away from home, from the time I arrived at Villa Adriana with my brother and his girlfriend I instantly felt at home and like part of the family. Yianni picked us up from the port and showed us around the beautiful island before checking us in to his family owned hotel with a complimentary drink. Once settled in Yianni and Manoli pointed us in the right direction of all the best places to eat and drink and of course the beach which was within a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms well just perfectly sized very clean and fresh all with wifi and a kitchenette, it was a pleasure to stay in such comfort and air conditioning. Our rooms were made up daily and it was the small touches that won my heart such as the house keeping staff bringing in my washing that I had hung out to dry and folding it neatly on my bed followed by washing any dirty dishes left in the sink and fresh towels and sheets. As the day turned to night Yianni was more than happy to take us around the island and go out of his way to show us the best views of Naxos and nightlife and it sure was a night to remember. Yianni also provided as with transport back to the port when leaving, If I could of extended my stay I would have I'm looking forward to my next trip to Greece and stay with Yianni and family. Also when arriving home I realised I had left an expensive summer dress at the hotel and Yianni and Manoli were kind enough to send my dress to me via mail, I can't express to you how much both Yianni and Manoli went out of there way to ensure all guests had a wonderful time and I can't wait to share this little piece of paradise with my family and friends it truly was a wonderful cultural stay loved every minute of it. Dimitria

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jade E

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Villa Adriana hotel is a very nice place to stay, clean, good price and nice breakfast for 6 euros. A car is required though since nothing is at walking distance. We were 5 people and our staying there was very pleasant.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I would actually rate this b&b style hotel between average and very good (I would call it simply good). I stayed there for 3 nights with a friend. Yannis picked us up at the ferry, which was great, and he was friendly on the way to the hotel and while we were there, but conversation became slightly frustrating towards the end when there was a confusion regarding payment. While my friend and I were in the wrong about our payment in the end, I was hoping to have things explained without a resentful tone. However, this conversation was possibly frustrating due to the language barrier. Otherwise, the staff was friendly and welcoming. The hotel is about a ten-fifteen minute walk from the little agios propokios village, and about a ten minute walk from the beach, which we found to be a great location for us. The rooms were very,very simple but normal considering what we expected for the price. Overall, we had a good time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were planning to stay 6 nights in Hotel Villa Adriana, but we finally stayed just one... From the comments, it seemed a very good choice with its apparently good location, nice host and clean rooms. When we arrived with the ferry, Yiannis was indeed there to wait for us and drew us to his hotel. At first sight he seemed very friendly. The room was OK, clean, though a bit too small (and rather expensive) as compared to previous ones we tried on other islands. We were also unlucky as we had a dozen of mosquitos in the room (enough programme for a whole night!). However the bad location of this hotel (for someone without a rented car or bike) made us want to cancel the rest of our stay there. It is far from the beach (some 12-15 minutes walk) and the access to the sea is not nice at all (you need to pass between two stinky lakes that belong to an animal farm). It is also far from the nearest supermarket and other facilities and you have to walk quite a long way along a busy road to get there. A few hours after we arrived we found two nice pensions (one in Agia Anna and the other one in Plaka) very close to the beach and cheaper. We decided to take the second one for the 5 other nights we were planning to stay in Naxos and we duly informed Yiannis about our decision (the night before our departure). Then he became rather unfriendly, a bit even aggressive and wanted us to pay for all the nights we booked. We were not ready to pay more than for the night we actually spent there. Indeed, there was nothing in the booking confirmation we received about possible penalties in case of cancellation (only that the deposit could not be reimbursed). A long and unpolite argument followed. At the end, we only payed for one night, but we left with a bitter taste... So make sure you know your rights well before you book, in case you want to change or cancel anything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Blaszi
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed in, for so many reasons.
first of all- the great staff, headed by manager Yannis (who also picked us up and dropped us from the port), and the rest of the crew, who are super helpful and super friendly.
The place is beautiful, tidy and very clean, with a great pool, and just a few minutes walk to the excellent agios prokopios beach. The value is excellent. no need to pay what the 5 star resorts charge, as what you get here is a 5 star experience.
We had a nice room with a huge sea view balcony, and we definitely plan on returning to this great hotel and island.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. Good location and friendly staff. Picked us up at ferry terminal and took us back for our departure. Hotel is clean and common areas are pleasantly decorated. Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome glass of wine and were given a few details to help us enjoy our stay. All in all a nice little studio apartment for a good price

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Villa adriana gives you good value for the price. Nothing more, nothing less.
Jannis is a nice guy, but we were not 100% satisfied with our room. We ordered a room with double bed and private balcony with sea view, and this was confirmed on email. When we arrived, the room had to separate beds put together and no private balcony.
when we asked about this, he said that all the rooms were taken..

The place is not central, but we rented a 400cc quadbike for a good price just down the street. I think it was 38e a day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 mi away
Hotel Galini
Hotel Galini
#5 of 57 in Naxos Town

Been to Hotel Villa Adriana? Share your experiences!