“Fantastic!”

Evagelia's Place
Santa Monica, California
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Evagelia's is an ideal place to stay if you're looking for somewhere that is good value, friendly and relaxed. Not the right place if you want luxury but if you want a comfortable place to stay in a good location then its ideal. The rooms are clean and a good size and the hotel is located in a nice, clean neigborhood. We felt very much part of the family of the place and right at home. Anna, the owner is really helpful and suggested places for us to eat out or visit too which was really useful.
We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I agree with everyone - Anna is amazing! She really makes you feel so welcome! We caught a bus from Mykonos town to the hotel. We just told the bus driver we were going to Agios Ioannis, so we got off at the bottom of the hill and had to walk all the way up with our luggage in the mid afternoon heat. When we finally arrived, Anna tutted us and said she would have picked us up, but next time to tell the bus driver we were going to Evagelia's Place, as he would have dropped us right out the front! Good to know ;) We had fun getting there! We were upgraded from a double room to an apartment, which had a kitchenette and a traditional Greek bathroom, which was nice. The air con was a must and it cooled the room down wonderfully. There is not a lot in the way of restaurants and food without walking some distance, but we did find a lovely place down on Agios Ioannis beach where we had an amazing, but expensive meal. Next time we stay I would buy groceries at the market in town and cook in the fully equipped kitchenette. Make sure you stock up on bottled water, as the little store down the road is only open til about 9pm.
The pool was so lovely, and the views from there are stunning. It was in a very quiet location, but easy to get to the busier parts of town. Anna drove us back into town so we could catch a ferry, and her kids came along for the ride. She taught us some Greek words and was very chatty and so much fun, and so lovely. We would recommend everyone stay here at Evagelia's place, we had the most amazingly relaxing weekend here in Agios Ioannis, and cannot wait to go back there!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank broken_shadows
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The owner, Anna, was brilliant. She will pick you up from port if you ask. Buses go from outside hotel to most places in Mykonos. Now has wifi too.

• Stayed July 2011
Californian in India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I would have to say that I agree with all of the reviewers who mentioned how fantastic Anna is as a host. I was picked up by Anna and given an orientation of the island--she helped me purchase tickets for the boat to Santorini, gave me detailed suggestions about how to have fun on the island, helped me organize my scuba diving and even helped to bargain down the rate of the hotel I was going to!!!! I NEVER expect managers of hotels to do all of these things...but this seems to be a normal activity for Anna. She is great.

Anna really affected my stay in her place. I felt I knew Mykonos personally, and that added to my experience. The room is simple and nothing grand--but it is clean, and comfortable, quiet and....well... inexpensive. Which is a plus on an expensive island.

It is situated near two beaches....both of them appear to be a little far away, but it takes only about 10-12 minutes to walk to them. I couldn't see the ocean from my room (not sure about all of the rooms)--but you can see both beaches from the hotel on the higher level and the pool area. It is an incredibly peaceful setting--away from people and buildings, on a slight hill.

The bus system is pretty easy to use, and they stop literally 30 seconds (or less) walk from her place, so getting into town is easy. You can also go down to one of the beaches and take a boat which brings you to all the other beaches for the day. pretty convenient.

You need to either walk to the beaches or go to town for meals, so the location is quite peaceful, but not as easy for getting food. I found that I did enjoy the nice walk however.

If you are on a budget--I would definitely recommend this place. It is great value.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank blisstravel
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Hotel had large rooms with comfortable bed, mini-fridge. But the pool....was outstanding. So relaxing. Bus stop right out the front drive way - every 1hr to Mykonos and every 30mins from (8mins).
Anna who runs the hotel, transfered us to/from the port/airport. Gave us a a short tour of mykonos to orientate us on the way to the hotel. She was soo happy and passionate about her island and hotel. Gave us advise on what to see as we had only one night on Mykonoa. Thankyou!!.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Jurong, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Anna who owns and runs this place is a really nice person. She picked us up from the airport, pointed us to different attractions as she drove us to Evagelia's Place. Whenever we met her, she would recommend us places to go, and there was once when she asked her sister to drop us somewhere along the way. When we had to leave for Santorini, she rushed us to collect our ferry tickets and then dropped us off at the port.

The room is very clean, and there is a cleaner who will tidy the room everyday. There is also an air-conditioner, if you are afraid of the heat. There is also a refrigerator and a TV. The only minus point is that there is no internet provided...but you could always go to a nearby internet cafe, or stay away from technology as you are in Greece!

Location-wise, it is a tad far to walk to town, but there's a bus that brings you to town, though it is not very frequent. Get an ATV and it would be really convenient :)

To sum it up, I really love this place and Anna!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Myyykonos! You needn't worry about hotels and rooms.. you are in Mykonos. I didn't stay in more than 5 hours, so I don't care so for the room, anywhere I am going to. This doesn't mean that I don't want to have a nice place to sleep. Fortunatelly, Evagelia's Place is a very good decision. Clean, cozy, with fridge and air condition, swimming pool, parking and the most important, with Anna host! She is really very helpful. The hotel is 4 km from the town, where you may search for parking many hours in days that the island has many people. Otherwise you may pay 12 euro for 3 hours in private parking!!! In old port it has public parking free of charge. Generally, Mykonos is a nice place only to drink! About quality of food, nothing. And also... to have an umbrella on the beach you may pay for 2 persons from 12-18 euro. Super Paradise Beach has ... the cheapest!!! Go there. 6 euro p/p. the others?... leave it better!! Go to Anafi island, where you don't pay nothing expensive and it is very beautiful place to Have fun!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#9 of 12 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis
Yiannaki Hotel
Yiannaki Hotel
#1 of 21 in Ornos

Been to Evagelia's Place? Share your experiences!