We have just spent 6 nights in room 127 and whilst we read in other reviews about the paper thin walls - we didn't experience it - even surrounded by 'honeymooners'! We kept our balcony doors open at night and didn't hear any noise from the Taverna next door. The internet whilst free is a bit sketchy however management say they are addressing this and hopefully this will be up and running soon. Our room which I believe was a Premium Seaview had a great view but the balcony is very small and there wasn't much privacy. We could have also done with a bit more 'draw' space - or maybe we just brought too many clothes!!
A nice touch at bedtime was instead of a chocolate on the pillow we got little gifts. Left you wondering what you were going to get the next night!
The hotel staff, of which there are many, are unbelievable friendly and come across as genuinely sincere and helpful. Even the Manager gets his hands dirty and can be seen regularly around the resort.
The food is good with a plentiful choice for breakfast - only criticism would be it could be a bit hotter.
If you are coming here expecting a 'beach holiday' whilst the hotel has its own beach, it's not particularly nice or inviting and if you have children or are older - start early!! The hotel is built into the cliff and as such there are many levels and lots of stairs. Not particularly conducive for buggies (which can be a bonus as it's not overly child friendly). You can of course use the lifts, but this involves using 3 different lifts.
The hotel runs a shuttle service to town in the evening only which is helpful but it stops at 10.15 and town doesn't really get started until late. Taxis are in very short supply (only 30 on the island) so be prepared to wait and queue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Destinology, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece