“White & Wonderful”

Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
New York City, New York
“White & Wonderful”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a delightful hotel with the loveliest staff. From the second you arrive it's relaxation and at your service. The staff people couldn't be nicer and more wiling and happy to please. The rooms were large & clean and we have a marvelous view overlooking the water. What more could you ask. Overall a wonderful place to return to!!!!

Room Tip: a room on the level just above the pool is convenient to the pool and beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel really is paradise. We recently stayed at the Mykonos Grand for 4 nights in June 2014 and had a perfect stay. The staff is incredible and will do anything they can to make you feel at home. The pool overlooking the private beach and ocean is one of the nicest views we experienced on our visit to the Greek Islands. It would be hard to come up with something to complain about after staying here. The experience truly was amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Emeryville, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I began! My beau and I stayed at this hotel and it was pure paradise. From the staff and their kindness down to the rooms. Everything about this hotel was first class. We enjoyed the private beach and the private dinner they offer on the beach. Maria was the absolute best, she made our trip more memorable. When we return to Mykonos, we will definitely book this hotel again. Thanks Mykonos grand!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The most friendly staff. The best service. The most perfect views. Wonderful rooms. Brilliant food. Completely relaxing. What's not to love ?! This hotel has it all and goes above and beyond the norm to make your holiday fabulous

Room Tip: All rooms are good but sea view rooms have a natural advantage
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mujja
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We've been fortunate to stay in many wonderful hotels but none come close to the experience offered by Mykonos Grand.
The moment we entered the amazing white lobby Irene was there to immediately guide us to a table close to the VIP room, supplied a welcome glass of champagne and checked us in, never has check in been so smooth, informative and helpful.
We we're shown to our room and concluded we did the right thing upgrading to a Premium Sea View room (128). The view from our balcony was superb, as was the location, very close to the pool as was access to the beach, breakfast, gym and spa.
Breakfasts were fabulous with many choices ie full fry up, toast and many varieties of bread, cold continental breakfast, fruit, cereals, cakes, yogurts, plus a lady who will make omelettes, poached eggs etc. champagne on ice was one of the many drinks on offer.
The pool area was fabulous, clean and inviting. Fortunately I love the early morning sun so finding a sun bed in our preferred place wasn't a problem. The frozen flannels staff bought round were most welcome during the daytime searing heat, as was the ice cream and fresh fruit, one of the pool staff even cleaned our specs, now that's real attention to detail.
The poolside cafe was great and offered a cool haven while enjoying lunch or early dinner or just a drink.
My husband used the gym every morning, but found with a few modifications this area could massively improve.
We enjoyed a couple of local tavernas on the beach, could also recommend Aqua at Little Venice in Mykonos Town.
The hotel shuttle bus was great for an evening trip to town and what a delightful, tasteful, sophisticated town it is.
The hotel driver took us to the airport and even took our luggage right to the check in desk for us-excellent.
The service and attention to detail is second to none here and cannot wait to return.
I'd like to say a massive thank you to all staff, reception, restaurant & bar, housekeeping & poolside for creating a special holiday for us and making us feel like family. I have a few names of staff that had a particular impact on us.
Irene
Efti
Andreos
Sophia
Vangelis
Philipo
Fotini
Achilles
Mykonos Grand is ten minutes from the airport (rarely hear planes) and ten minutes into town which makes this hotel in a perfect location. Our return cannot come soon enough.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DEVON
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We absolutely love this hotel and the super team of excellent staff and owners who run this hotel with style and efficiency . Always welcomed like friends and nothing is too much trouble to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible . Breakfast view is spectacular , food amazing and the pool such a relaxing haven. This is a place for you to relax and unwind from the minute you arrive . Hire a car and visit some of the spectacular beaches, Theo or the fabulous Suzy on reception will guide you, we loved the tranquility of Fokos beach and the amazing taverna there. Our dates are already in the diary for next year. We are always sad to leave this fantastic hotel and friends .

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jane M
Foster City, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My mother and I traveled to Mykonos for the first time and this hotel has made it an unforgettable experience. To be honest, I did not do my homework before coming to Mykonos. I had looked at the hotel website and read the reviews on trip advisor and that's about it. We got very lucky because I believe this is one of the best hotels on the island for the following reasons:

1. Location: It is located in Agios Ioannis, only 5 minutes away by car to Ornos beach and the restaurants. The hotel has direct access to Shirley Valentine beach (where the English movie was filmed). It is the most quiet beach we've visited on the island. Everywhere else was packed with people as it is known as a party island. It is a relaxing beach where you can really enjoy the ocean and the sun. The hotel sits directly across from the island of Delos (a must-visit), which is also pretty special

2. Staff: Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and checked in at a private desk. We were offered champagne during the check-in process. Not only did the receptionist check us in, she also took time to explain the hotel property, activities on the island, methods of transportation around the island, and offered to arrange anything and everything for us. I have been to many luxury hotels around the world, and the staff here did a marvelous in making you feel like you are very important, not just another guest who can afford to stay at the property. Throughout our stay, we have met many friendly staff who are funny and delightful. We really began to feel that this has turned into a "home" feel.

3. Service: As you can guess from my description above, the service is impeccable. I want to point out the beach and poolside service. The staff came by to hand out free ice cream for the guests by the pool AND the beach. They also stop by to clean your sunglasses for you (what!). The attention to details is worth applauding for. I also want to note that housekeeping does a great job organizing everything we had left out in the open. Everything I had scattered in the room was placed in a neat and organized fashion. Bravo!

4. Room: Ummm...uh-MAZ-ing! We booked the premium sea view room. Tasteful decor, spacious room, nice bathtub, and SPECTACULAR view from inside the room and the balcony (I could see the ocean as soon as I open my room door-it felt like I was staying on a cruise ship).

5. White lobby bar - we came here every evening for drinks. The bar opens til 2am though we were asleep every night by 11. The ambience and the view during sunset is great. The bartender and the waitress were very funny. Everyone comes into the bar and greet them like they've been friends for a long time. Yummy cocktails.

6. Food - so this is the only thing I thought was underwhelming. The spread for breakfast was decent and the staff remembered how I like my coffee. we had both lunch and dinner at the hotel. The food is wayyy too salty in general. I had a lobster tail that felt very mushy.

7. Spa - the facility is not very big but the treatment room was very spacious. The locker room was not as luxurious as I had expected. However, the treatment was excellent and so was the service. When I checked in at the spa, I saw water and cumber slices on the side. I thought to myself "oh, I need to grab one of those". As soon as that thought entered my mind, they handed me a class already prepared for my arrival. The hot herbal tea they served me after my treatment was tasty too. The experience was worth the money (not very much, by the way)

All in all, an A+ hotel. This is THE place to stay if you don't like the partying scene. I'd hate to stay anywhere else on the island because during the day most of the places on Mykonos are like meat market. This hotel provides class, sophistication, and the ultimate relaxation. I would definitely stay at this property again if I come back to Mykonos.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Myconian Villa Collection
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!