Stayed at the Mykonos Grand for 3 nights during our 2 week honeymoon trip through Greece. Overall, we LOVED the hotel. The grounds are beautiful (very Arizona desert type feel with ocean backdrop). The hotel lobby bar is fabulous and feels more like a lounge than a hotel bar. The pool area is beautiful with cabanas and pool beds that are open to all and the restaurant food is delicious. The hotel also has a private beach on property.
SERVICE: The service was excellent. The Mykonos Grand is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World and we could see why. We had not told the hotel how we would be arriving in Mykonos so they sent a driver to every ferry and plane arrival to ensure we would get picked up (thankfully we came in on one of the early ferries!). We also had not told the hotel that we were on our honeymoon, yet we had a private VIP check-in where our hostess walked us through all of the hotel & island amenities. The hotel also arranged for the ferry tickets for the rest of our Greek trip to be dropped off at the hotel for us so we didn't have to go into town to get them.
ROOM: Our seaview room was beautiful. Very large room with private balcony overlooking the ocean. Marble floors with stark white walls. Lots of closet space and large modern bathroom. Also separate couch in the room with flat screen TV and DVD player. (Front desk has DVDs that they lend guests).
LOCATION: The ocean side location was perfect for us. Mykonos Town (downtown) area was about 7 minutes away. Cab ride was 7.50 Euros one way or you could rent a scooter or a car for between 15 and 40 euros for 24 hours.
AMENITIES: We did not take advantage of the spa but it is very large and looked very nice. You could also get treatments outside overlooking the ocean. Prices of the services were reasonable. There is also free WIFI, a business center, and a gym.
I would highly recommend a stay at the Mykonos Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece