“Easily One of the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

De.Light Boutique Hotel
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Easily One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was easily one of the best hotels I've been to in the world in terms of service. The service quality was just incredible and far beyond my expectations. It can easily be compared to world class 5-star hotels. The staff here was incredibly friendly and helpful including the manager who was there to welcome us upon arrival, the reception staff, the restaurant staff, and even the chauffeurs who transported us to and from the airport. All of the staff were very helpful when needed and very friendly.

The hotel itself is located on one of the quieter areas on the island and makes for a perfect retreat.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ahmad A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai Region, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Location:

This very new hotel is enviably nestled in a corner bay (much quieter) of wonderful Mykonos. Upon arrival, your eyes will encounter a 270-degree view of the glistening Aegean Sea. “Unbelievably pretty” is the only words I can come up with to describe how I was feeling at that very moment.

To the left and right, there are a handful of lovely-shaped mountains lying in peace, forming a picture-perfect scene healing fatigued mind and stretched soul. I simply could not forget the gorgeous view which this uber-fancy yet down-to-earth hotel has to offer.

Room:

The style is smart, chic and elegant. Furniture and ornaments are all of truly fine quality. The bathroom is spic-and-span, and all the sanitary ware is so classy that I began to think to do up my own apartment back at home with these quality ones. The window offers an irresistibly lovable view of the spell-binding Aegean Sea. It feels so RIGHT when you stay at the cozy, posh and smart room.

Restaurant and Pool:

The pool is in a medium size but located at the absolutely RIGHT place. Every single minute you are in the pool, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the sea, the soothing sunshine, the refreshing breeze and the wonderfully designed hotel rooms. Adding to this already-perfect picture is a cat (named Ginger), who walks lazily around the pool and enjoys herself here and there. With the two cabanas featuring silky cloths waving with the gentle wave, time seems to be frozen in here, in a pleasant way.

Restaurant:

Food is totally satisfactory. Presentation is thoughtful, prices are reasonable, variety is rich and services are efficient. Bartender boys look like fashion models and ladies in the reception seem to be working in a top-notch Four Seasons property – they are absolutely professional yet unforgettably genial.

Transportation:

They sent an Italian-super-model looking driver to pick me up and drop me off. The SUV they used is comfortable, clean and well air-conditioned. The driver talks with an unobtrusive manner of pleasantness.

Staff:

Despina, the receptionist lady, upgraded me in terms of room type and showed me the many highlights in this not-too-big hotel. She answered all my questions, made me feel like someone from the royalty and leave with a gratitude-filled heart. I must present you, dearest Despina, with a million loud thanks in here – without you, this trip to Mykonos could not have been this AWESOME!!!

Bipu, another receptionist lady who is also Greek, impressed me equally favorably. She led me to have a look at another room type, and was so kind in arranging me with a yummy lunch to enjoy while sitting in the postcard-like restaurant so as to enjoy the sea view to the full!

Value:

I firmly believe that this might be the hotel of the highest price-performance ratio in today’s Mykonos. If you travel the world like I’ve been doing these recent few years, you will not regret staying here – a perfect embodiment of style, quality and sincere hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank Duncan J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Stunning hotel, lovely location and faultless staff. We visited at the end of the season so much quieter than usual in the town however the hotel was full of very happy people, having chosen the De.Light. We expected to stay in a superior suite but on arrival we had been upgraded to the Sense suite which was amazing- thank you. Alexander runs a brilliant team who were always going that bit extra to ensure the stay was perfect. We only had the breakfasts there, which were incredible. This place is going to be very hard to beat, it really is special.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank P1x1e
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel lives up to its name: it is nothing short of "de.lightfull"!
It is hard to decide what is the greatest feature: (1) its brand new, beautifully decorated facilities with a great view and even better atmosphere or (2) its super nice, friendly and extremely (and I mean really, REALLY!!!) helpful staff.
Just to give one example of how special they are, on my husband's birthday they prepared him a surprise cake with a candle and also offered us two glasses of champagne for a toast. And it was not a regular cake just to hold the candle, it was a delicious and fancy desert, specially prepared by their also top chef. And not only did they prepare this surprise but they also arranged with me the best time to serve, according to our schedule.
Popi, who greeted us with sparkling wine when we arrived, took the time to open the island's map and explain all the aspects of the different beaches and restaurants. She literally marked everything for us on the map, down to every detail, including what time to arrive at each place.
Since it's a very small hotel (only 18 suites), it's very quiet and exclusive, perfect for couples.
The pool area is really nice and pleasant.
Another fact that "de.lighted" us is how silent it is. Not only because it is very small, but also because of its location - it's close enough to the village to get there on a short ride, but far enough to be noise-free.
We will always have nice memories of the staff: Popi (reception), Maria (reception), Alex (manager), Alex (restaurant) and all the others (barman, chef, airport pick-up, cleaning... everyone!)
We had only one negative experience: because our departure date mixed up, we had to spend the night in a different (and not as nice) hotel, which was terrible because we felt like our vacation was cut short. Also, our bathroom floor got really wet after every shower. These are the only reasons why we rated 4 instead of 5 stars.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa F
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This delightful boutique hotel (part of Small Luxury Hotels of the World) is in a beautiful secluded location with a small infinity pool and access to a good swimming beach (some 2-3 mins walk down a steep lane). The staff are helpful, extremely friendly and the food is streets ahead of anything we've ever had anywhere in Greece. Breakfasts are wonderful but the real eye-opener is their evening menu. Superb. Accommodation is well-appointed and (we believe) all rooms have sea views. Excellent hourly bus service into Mykonos Town (about 15 mins). Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Truvy
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is AMAZING, it's part of the "small luxury hotel" group. I'm fairly picky with hotels but this hotel was up to par and exceeded any expectations I had! I stayed for 3 days for my honeymoon. The hotel is clean, designed gorgeously and has amazing views. The hotel has only 18 rooms, so I loved how personal the staff was. They gave us welcome drinks and the front desk lady named Marie was extremely personable and helpful. She took out a map of Mykonos and pin pointed spots to eat and site see. She even booked our ATV rentals and ferry tickets! We also got a free bottle of wine and fruits delivered to our room the first day.

The location is 20 minutes outside of Mykonos Town which wasn't a problem, because they have a bus stop right outside the hotel that runs every 30 minutes to bring you into town. This side of Mykonos is the place to be, me and my fiance drove around on ATVS to the different beaches but this was the place to be in my opinion. It's quiet and not too far from the city, but if you want to party all you have to do is either take the bus into town or rent an atv which is like $35 euros per day. It's highly recommened to rent either a car/scooter/atv in mykonos anyways. The island is small but it's not small enough to walk around.

One of the best places I've ever stayed and I've stayed at several some boutique hotels and resorts, but this has set the bar high! After Mykonos we went to Santorini and stayed at a 4 star hotel ( Kirini Resort and Spa) that was $$$$ and De.Light beat them out!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janebnew
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

The place is ideally located on the south side of the island (which means less problems with wind) and it's a bit off the main tourist paths (Mykonos in general is a small island that one can cross in 20 minutes by car) and noisy beaches like Paradise and Superparadise. The local beach is within a short walk, so if you don't plan to rent a scooter or a Smart you can go there.

One of our discoveries on the island is Panormos beach. They have an extremely nice beach restaurant called Adva. It's by far the most cosmopolitan beach of the island.

In case you want to go out Mykonos town is within 10 minutes of drive by taxi. It's a small but very cozy island.

The most attractive thing I want to stress is friendliness of the staff. The team is unique and will surely make your stay better than you anticipated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 25 in Platys Gialos
Anax Resort & Spa
Anax Resort & Spa
#4 of 12 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis

Been to De.Light Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!