“Truly Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa del Mar Mykonos Seaside Resort
London, United Kingdom
“Truly Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently Stayed in the Casa Del Mar during my first vacation to the Greek Islands. I visited a few Islands on my trip but nothing compared to my time at the Casa Del Mar! the venue was spectacular but the staff really made the experience unforgettable! Nothing was too much trouble and Christina and her team always went out of their way to ensure our stay was nothing short of Amazing. The breakfast food was great and had many recommendation for other restaurants too! Having never been to Mykonos before, I was unsure of what to expect, however it turned out to be my most favourite memories of my holiday to the Greek Islands. Five stars!! I confidently recommend the Casa Del Mar to anyone hoping to make there trip to Mykonos one to remember

Room Tip: Get a pool villa or a Hot tub!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

my entire family loved this hotel. We were upgraded into a villa with two bedrooms, our own plunge pool, kitchenette and living room. the beach was just steps away and the spa staff was wonderful. We loved the breakfast that was delivered daliy for 10 euros per person. It came in wicker baskets and had all sorts of goodies. the manager, Christina, helped us with everything we needed and seemed genuinely into making our trip wonderful. We would totally go back to this hotel--it is a relaxing yet elegant place.

Room Tip: there are only 9 rooms and all are perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Casa Del Mar is the ultimate place to stay with stunning views and fabulous accommodation.
It's understated luxury and extremely nice and gentle staff made our stay great in all respects.
Hotel makes a holiday special and this was superrrrr hotel!

Room Tip: Choose the villas with pools
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at Casa Del Mar for 5 or 6 nights and I was really blown away by the accommodations and the sweet staff! I really could not have asked for anything more perfect. Once I arrived, I was given a tablet and a telephone for dialing the concierge and other local numbers (and you can use internet on the tablet if you are in range of the wifi). I thought it was so clever to give guests their own cell phone in case they are in need of a taxi, etc. This is the first luxury resort I have ever stayed at that has offered this consideration to their guests. And if you ever feel as if you should be given a gift for the prices you are paying (though I'd say the prices were fair for what I received!), you are in luck with Casa del Mar-- every guest is offered a complimentary back massage just for booking with them!

The concierge, Christina, made sure that everything was as perfect as it could possibly be for me. I really left wanting of nothing! I was traveling solo and had spent my first night in Mykonos at another hotel. I was so tired when the taxi came to take me to Casa del Mar that I left my phone by the pool of the other resort! The staff helped me sort out this dilemma with patience and understanding (thanks again for that, guys! haha). I also had to change villas halfway through my stay because I was not sure if I was going to stay at Casa del Mar for the duration of my stay (I am SO happy that I did!) and well, I am rather forgetful, and so we had to conduct a small search party for one of my rings. I was really impressed by the lengths they went to here to help me out, digging through trash and all sorts. And there was never a time that Christina was not a phone call away for information or whatever else I needed at the time. Really, they offer a 24 hour service here! It's unbeatable.

I stayed in the Deluxe Villa for the first 3 or 4 nights. I HIGHLY recommend staying at this villa if you can, it was massive, clean, and had the most beautiful view... I spent many evenings lounging around on the white ledges of my porch, watching the way the light changed the color of the sky while the sun was busy disappearing. I also loved the way the villa was decorated; all of the appliances were new, all villas have fans and air conditioning, the complimentary soaps and lotion smell like organic spa heaven, and the furniture was lovely AND comfortable. The beds in two of the bedrooms were set up in such a cool way as well--- the mattresses were set on top of white stone blocks, I loved the way it looked. I really felt at home here.

Also, don't give up on the wifi! It wasn't working for me the first day but I hadn't tried yet to take it onto the porch, outside of the walls of the villa (the router was located between two of the villas). The wifi was speedy and easy to log onto once I realized which area of the villa was in range.

The location of the resort was also ideal, seeing as Mykonos can become rather chilly in the evenings (and during the day, actually!) due to the wind. This resort is located in the cliffs between two beaches (Ornos and Agio Ioannis, I believe) so the wind is blocked on either side. It was also not set so high up in the cliffs that you had to hike to get down to the perfectly quaint, romantic beach, reserved solely for the private use of hotel guests. Just a short walk downhill, really. The hotel also offered me one of the most unique experiences I have ever had whilst traveling- they asked me to model for photos they are to use on their website. Some of the photos were taken down at the beach, right before the sun had set itself completely below the horizon. I have never seen such colors in any sky! It was absolutely stunning. I definitely recommend taking your favorite person and a glass of wine or two to the beach so that you can see it for yourself. It was truly breathtaking.

In short, I really could not have asked for more. The staff here are so warm and friendly and they took such good care of me (important as I was traveling alone!). I left feeling as if I had even made a friend or two. It really was such a lovely trip and when I go back to Mykonos I will be sure to spend at least a few nights at this beautiful resort :). Efcharisto for making my trip a memorable one, guys! Hopefully see you again soon!

Room Tip: You absolutely can't go wrong with the Deluxe or Master Pool Private Villa! I also stayed at the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This matchless resort is the ultimate destination! It is located in the most unique location in Mykonos. Laying just over a serene private beach combining luxury with simplicity.
The villas are very comfortable and the staff provided us with a 6 star hotel services we
left the resort spoiled and pampered.
The spa is amazing and we were so happy to relax with the complimentary massage that was the start of an unforgettable vacation. We stayed for a short period of time but we still had the chance to enjoy the resort and the services in the fullest and were extremely happy to do so. We were upgraded to the Villa with the infinity private pool and the hotel manager Christina provide us with a mobile phone and tablet for our stay with many useful information on how to get around the island and helped us with
everything! All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from the villas will take your breath away. The beach is so calm and the fact that it is private makes it unique in Mykonos island. Definitely recommended for group of friends and families with kids or anyone that is dreaming to experience the original traditional Greek heaven in Mykonos island. Thank you again everyone and hopefully we will see you again very soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as a group of 4 couples in early May and had a great time. Accommodation was fine, clean and tidy. It is a distance from the nearest town and we had to hire a car to get groceries and drinks and to get around on the island. It is not the place to stay if you want to be close to the action, but it was great for us. With its own beach and great views, it is a lovely, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Finally_kid_free
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived happy and were greeted by a very nice woman who showed us to our villa. Oh dear! It wasn't what we saw in photos. We were 2 couples and specifically wanted 2 double bedrooms- we got 1 double 1 tiny twin. When we said we wanted 2 doubles she suggested we push the beds together and only use the patio door to get in and out of room- but that would mean the twin beds were only able to be positioned in front of the bedroom door! The tiny kitchenette was not very clean all surfaces had a layer of dust on. The cooker splash back was filthy with grease. One bathroom had been used, as the bath had watermarks in and the shower room had exposed wires coming from the light fitting over the mirror and worst of all it had no door! We asked why she thought it was ok to put us in such a place and she said "give us an hour and we will have the door put back on" but it had no door frame as the breeze block walls were exposed where the frame should have been! She told us somebody had pulled the door off!!!!??
I realised we should have stayed in a Master suite as the configuration on website was with a sitting room in the middle of the double bedrooms and this was so much smaller. I was told that nothing else was available. We elected to go elsewhere.
Luckily we got a full refund and the staff were good enough to take us to another hotel we managed to get booked into.
I would say the place is very nice if you have a Master suite ( although she did say she called the suite we were offered a Master as well as it being advertised as an 'executive' suite, so I don't know what's going on there!
I will just add that I got rather worried a few days before we were due to arrive as we had no response to two of our emails requesting conformation of our arrival and requesting info on the spa bookings. Booking.com had to get on to them to confirm it all but my guess is that they had forgotten about our arrival, hence we were offered the only available suite they had- just feel sorry for whoever ended up with what we rejected.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis
Boheme
Boheme
#1 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Casa del Mar Mykonos Seaside Resort? Share your experiences!