We stayed at the Apsenti in July 2014 and we loved it. They had everything we needed to help celebrate our 10th anniversary without "braking the bank" like some of the other hotels in the area with the same types of amenities but only for couples.
First, the staff is amazing. Olga, Helen and Filippa are all wonderful and they speak numerous languages. We arrived early on our first day and Olga was very apologetic that our room was not ready even though we knew we were arriving 4 hours before our check-in. They offered us breakfast and a place to change into our bathing suits so we could use the pool and relax until our room was ready. At breakfast Filippa is very friendly while still being attentive to everyone. Olga and Filippa are full of knowledge on the area so they can give you lots of advice on places to go eat, beaches to see, where to go out, etc. Olga helped to arrange a quad motor bike for us and suggested great restaurants, one of which she booked for us. Filippa told us about the best beaches and some typical meals that we should try.
Second, the hotel is wonderful. We knew we weren’t staying at 5 star resort but we were very pleased with the hotel. It was cute and full of character while staying true to the typical Greek style of housing. We think we had the best room in the hotel with the Delos Queen room 2. It has a wonderful second floor view of the sea, a large terrace with a sitting area and the Jacuzzi/mini-tub was an excellent way to relax at the end of a long hot day. The rooms are clean and, unlike some other reviewers, we thought our room was big enough for the two of us. It's also a very calm, relaxed environment within the hotel with the chill-out music, hammocks and loungers, candles and the lack of kids running around.
Third, the pool was perfect for our needs. We really only used the pool on the first day but we loved it. The water was refreshing and well maintained. The lounge bean-bag beds along the edge of the pool are very spacious and comfortable. We were actually surprised to find such a nice lounge area because I didn’t see it mentioned on the website.
Fourth, the breakfast was more than adequate. We really only wanted Greek yogurt, some fresh fruit, maybe a croissant and an espresso but they have a ton of other options if someone wanted more. Everything we had was excellent. They have good quality American style instant coffee free of charge and some tea but I live in Italy now so I’m addicted to espresso now. They charge €2 for an espresso but it was the Nespresso coffee system which I have at home so I was more than willing to pay a nominal fee for a quality espresso.
In conclusion we were very happy with the Apsenti and would go back. It’s nice and cute with everything we needed. The location is good and not in the craziness of the town so it was quieter and more chill. It’s 10 minutes downhill to Agios Ioannis beach (which is great) and 10 minutes downhill to Ornos where there are a ton of restaurants, bars and a nice beach. The free transfers offered by the hotel to the airport are very convenient. We really enjoyed the couples-only style, the staff, the pool, the design and the overall vibe of the hotel. On the whole, everything was great and it lived up to our expectations.
• Don’t trust google maps for the location of the hotel. It’s about 500 meters difference
• We highly suggest a scooter/quad if you want to see the island and get around easily
• The Cretan restaurant in Ornos is excellent and not expensive.
• Lefteris in Ornos is great for gyros, skewer food and other quick meals
• Avra is town is a beautiful outdoor-garden style restaurant with excellent food
• The bus to town stops right in front of the hotel if you want to use it
• The wifi works and it's free but it can be slow
• You have to leave the key to the room at the front desk, odd but whatever
• Agios Ioannis beach has two places to get a beach bed and an umbrella. We went to Hippie Fish and got two beds and an umbrella for €15 which is the standard price for the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apsenti is a romantic refuge, a white oasis wrapped in ecru curtains with satin blue windows to brighten your days and dozens of lanterns to sweeten your nights. Apsenti figured to pamper couples and help their summer dreams come true. Private hammocks, soft soulfull music all over, hundreds of white candles, the scent of night flowers, relaxing treatments in the oriental spa and discreet candle light dinners will drift your senses to unexpected levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos Greece