I would highly recommend Bellissimo to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in Mykonos.
The hotel is located outside of Mykonos town, which we found to be a bonus.The town is very accessible by bus or a taxi which is about €7- 10. If you are an avid walker it is quite easy to walk into town but i would only recommend that for those who are used to long walks. There is beautiful scenery along the way so it makes it quite enjoyable.
There are two beaches really close by. One you have to amble over some rocks to get to but if you do then you generally will have a beach in near isolation. The sunsets from this beach are also said to be the best on the island.
The hotel itself is clean and decorated in good taste. The food is absolutely amazing and if you book half board you will not be disappointed! Breakfast is your standard greek continental but dinner (or lunch) is 3 course from an a la carte menu.
Michael and Theo were extremely accommodating and helped us with anything that we needed. They upgraded our room on arrival as there were very few other guests at the time and were happy for us to swap our prebooked half board dinner for lunch, allowing us to go into town for dinner a few nights. Both of the brothers are a wealth of knowledge of the area and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. By the end of our stay we felt like we were visiting long time friends rather than staying in a hotel.
I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellissimo Resort is a newly – built holiday complex, a perfect sample of the traditional Cycladic architecture. Owned and run by people dedicated to provide genuine Greek hospitality, plus all the modern services that will make your holiday as relaxed and laid back as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Bellissimo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellissimo Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Bellissimo Resort Mykonos, Greece