“Superrelaxing Spa Day at Losehill”

and 1 more site!
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hope
Yorkshire
“Superrelaxing Spa Day at Losehill”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed to our spa day with coffee in the lounge looking over the Peak District hills. The decor is amazing and original, very soothing and we just relaxed into it ! In fact we spent all day in our robes as we wandered between the spa ,steam room, pool with hilltop views and with a delicious lunch in between .... Still in robes ! Partidge starter and Ashbourne pork 3 ways with amazing veg purées and beetroot. I even sat outside in the hot tub looking over towards Edale ,the sheep grazing on the slopes opposite and the golden bracken. Amazing to sit in the hot bubbles with the soft Peak District rain falling on my face ! A back and shoulder massage in a candlelit treatment room was the icing on the cake . We're coming back soooon !

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your spa day - the team really appreciate the comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

this was to celebrate my sons 18th birthday- he didn't want a party, and so I booked this as a surprise. we had a family suite, and took advantage of the special offer at the time. suite has 2 bedrooms , living room and bathroom. Staff very welcoming and let us have the private dining area which we decorated with balloons and they put 'birthday' sprinkles on the table. Food is excellent- fine dining to you don't get loads, but it was plenty for us- and you can make up with it with the fantastic breakfast in the morning. we have been here before for special occasions and will no doubt return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your family celebration.
Hope Valley, U.K
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Wonderful relaxing day - 10 am in the outside Hot Tub. Swim in the pool, sauna and steam room sessions. Tea and biscuits and newspaper/magazine read. Hot stone massage was the best massage I have ever had. Lunch was dainty and tasty - finished with a hot tub and sauna session at 3:30 pm. Will go back here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your spa day - we look forward to welcoming you back.
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've been to Losehill House on many occasions for spa treatments and also family celebrations in the restaurant, on the whole these have been positive experiences. Unfortunately my experience today was not good followed by a very disappointing conversation with the owner - Paul Roden.
I normally have my spa treatments and then use the spa facilities, which I was told about on my first visit, but after my treatment today I was told that due to the facilities being full due to being used by people who had discounted packages that they would not recommend it, so I had to leave and drive home greasy from the treatments - totally disgusting and undignified!
When I spoke to the owner he said that the facilities have never been complimentary and insinuated that I had managed to 'get away' with using them on previous occasions. On the website it states on different pages that 'It is usually best to use the spa facilities before having your treatments', not stating that they are just for resident guests which is very misleading. I have come away from the this morning feeling disappointed with the whole experience and that the owner did not care enough to want to resolve the situation - rather than apologising for misleading information he tried to make me feel that I was in the wrong. Needless to say that I nor my family and friends will not be going back to Losehill House again. It could have been resolved by good customer relationship management, but unfortunately this was not the case.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Anne G
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
I am also really sorry that we could not resolve the matter amicably - it was certainly my intention at the beginning of the telephone call - I obviously failed!
It was however, pleasing that the Spa Treatments that had been booked were enjoyed as usual, the problem was the use of the spa facilities which were unavailable. The use of the spa had not been reserved or indeed paid for, if it had been the receptionists would have been able to confirm that it was fully booked - the misunderstanding about the cost was secondary. Resident guests of the hotel do have complimentary use of the spa facilities and non-residents are welcome to use the facilities but do have to pay a seperate fee or purchase a spa day package. The spa was fully booked yesterday with non-residents and so was not available.
I am saddened that a visit to the spa has resulted in such distress and that we could not agree on a reasonable resolution of the matter.
We will certainly re-check the website and try to prevent such an unfortunate experience happening again.
Whitchurch
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were met with a warm welcome at this lovely little hotel, tucked away in stunning scenery. The room was very tasteful and very quiet. The restaurant food was outstanding, far more than just a hotel restaurant. I think quality sums up the whole experience.

Room Tip: We had the suite, and it was very quiet. Didn't hear a thing from anywhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay - its great to hear that you rated the food in the restaurant so highly - thankyou.
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting.
The standard of the hotel is evident as soon as you walk in. There is a great lounge area with lots of comfortable chairs to relax in.
The food is exceptional too. We had the 7 course taster meal & were impressed, breakfast is individually cooked too.
The bedroom and ensuite were of an equally high standard . The bed was really comfortable & the pillows were good too. No cheap foam ones which you find in most hotels now!
Will definitely return & will recommend it to friends too!

Room Tip: I think every room must have a great view because of the setting.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us - a world away but not far away as visitpeakdistrict would say!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had a half price offer for a "spa day". Excellent value! The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere welcoming. We enjoyed the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, followed by a delicious lunch and a relaxing facial treatment each. The views over the countryside are wonderful. We will definitely go again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Losehill for your spa day - perhaps stay overnight next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Izaak Walton Hotel
Rutland Arms Hotel Bakewell
Cavendish Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow

Been to Losehill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!