“Losehill stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hope
Sheffield
“Losehill stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family stayed here for a wedding in July. The setting is perfect, the rooms are great but I have a couple of negatives. I asked if I could take breakfast outside as we took our dog and dogs are not allowed in the main hotel I was told rather rudely 'no' so I had to sit outside while the rest of the family had their breakfast without me - they would allow me to have coffee outside and they did bring the dog breakfast outside but not mine!!
I then went in on my own to have my breakfast, none of the tables had been cleared away so had to sit at a dirty table and then it actually took them 1 hour to serve my breakfast and when it eventually came I was not that impressed. I also found out that the buffet from the night before which we could have taken home if we would have liked was left in a warm room overnight and not placed in refrigerators so the food that was paid for had to be thrown away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CollinsonFamily
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
The wedding was a great success - I am sorry that we cannot serve meals outside on the terrace and lawns - from experience it is such a large area and so appealing that it quickly gets out of control - and can't be restricted to one man and his dog. Weddings parties usually have a great time at breakfast time sitting together on large tables - if 50 people arrive at the restaurant together service will be slower. I share the frustration about the wasted Buffet food but after a couple of hours at the table unfortunately it cannot be saved and be refrigerated to be sent home the following day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
hanoi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a couple celebrating our wedding anniversary, this was perfect, booked through booking.com Glass of bubbly on the lawns with great views. Fixed menu only looked delicious, but a little pricey so we walked down to Cheddar Cheese for traditional pub fare.

Bed and linen very comfortable. Good range of walks, guides and maps.

Morning breakfast fantastic - traditional with lots of choice! Wedding anniversary well celebrated, thank you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank furrysporran
Thanks for the review - the dinner inclusive rates booked directly with the hotel are the best deals - perhaps next time you could enjoy dinner as well!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

If there's one thing I thought I would never do, it's sit in a hot tub looking over the Derbyshire Dales.... well I have now!

We recently had a night here as part of a small working group visit. I was very pleased with the location - beautiful with rolling hills and sheep in fields, green and pleasant.

Room wise, mine was large with a decent size bathroom and a large double bed. One thing I found a little odd was the fact there is a DAB radio in the room. If you can get reception good luck!!

Facilities were good, although the decor in the bar lounge area was more akin to a retirement home than a spa, being a bit dated with those large high back chairs. Drinks and food were quite pricey.

The spa facilities look like they have been wedged in. The pool is quite small, and the shock to my system was it was freezing! I had to jump into the hot tub to warm through!

Food wise, again good but nothing to excite. I thought the menu was actually rather limited and the full English breakfast was a bit light - but I guess using the word Spa means you can get away with it.

Finally, there was a rather pungent smell coming from the back of the hotel, which I think was emanating from the rather stagnant pond. So if you have a room at the back of the hotel, be aware when you open your windows!

Overall, a positive experience but one you will certainly pay for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bluejonny
We appreciate the feedback - However, we are very proud of the lounge furniture which is new hand made designer furniture from Derbyshire - so I hope i am lucky enough to go to a retirement home with £1,500 chairs and Farrow & Ball walls! The breakfast menu is served to the table rather than a buffet - so there is no spread on show but most people think its a great choice. The pool is cooler than the hot tub....so beware!
Darley Dale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 1 night on a mini spa break on 8th July which included dinner and breakfast. We had a lovely room, clean and bright with fabulous views. The hotel staff, restaurant staff and the therapists for the spa treatments were all professional and friendly. The food looked fabulous and tasted delicious. I had rib eye of steak and my daughter had the lamb. For dessert there was peach bavarois and chocolate creme brulee. The breakfast menu was varied and there was plenty to eat. The hot tub was lovely but the pool was too cold for comfort.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank-you for the review - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay - we have resolved the hot hot tub and the pool at the regular 30 degrees C certainly feels warmer!
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We were satisfied with the room, the spa, and on the whole the service.
A group of us stayed for 2 nights, and 2 evening meals. We were a little disappointed with the food. The presentation of the food on the plate was worthy of an art prize. Some of the starters were very minimal, and bland.
I had lamb on the first night, out of three pieces of differenly cooked lamb, 2 were good 1 not so good, the 2nd evening 2 pieces of the beef were good 1 not so. The service was so different on each evening, first night good, 2 nd night sloppy. We never got the wine we ordered until the main course arrived, that was 18 people with no wine for the first course!!
the puddings were excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate the feedback - our food is creative modern style and the menu changes by the day and is usually of a high standard offering a good range of options. We are working to achieve a greater consistency of service in the restaurant and take on board the comments.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed her for my birthday on thursday 3rd july and right from the start we loved it. We were booked in for just the one night with spa treatments and meals.
Ive never had a massage before so had an aromatic massage and loved it....i was so relaxed and didnt realise how many knots i had beforehand.....if you have never had a massage before and your staying here i highly recommend one :-)
Our room was lovely,spacious and clean, the pool an sauna an jacuzzi where fantastic and so where the cappacino's :-)
After booking in, getting our spa treatments and a soak in the hot tub we walked round the grounds an sat on a table with stunning views all around and then my boyfriend propose :-) the grounds and location and setting where perfect :-)
Our evening meal later on was just as fantastic....tasty appetizers in the bar followed by a set 7 course menu....i must say when i saw all the fish courses i was a bit hesitant but tried them anyway and have my tastebuds been changed!!! Ive never liked fish but this was devine :-)
The service from everybody was first class and sincere and a nice relaxed atmosphere was about the hotel which was nice as i know how hectic it can get back of house with a million things to do at once lol!
Im so happy i choose losehill house for my birthday/proposal....we will definately be returning in the future :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review - we aim for relaxed quality with a freindly local team - usually we achieve it.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A very friendly yet stylish hotel - we were there for a Twilight Spa - which was a Spa treatment followed by a 3 course dinner - bought for us as a present.
Dined here for the first time in May - although living locally - had never been there before - our loss.
The food is superb - very imaginative in nouveau cuisine style - so not for you if you like piles on your plate. Views over the Derbyshire landscape from the Dining Room very relaxing - with livestock peacefully grazing.
Staff all very friendly, helpful and chatty.
Spa treatment good - pool as already mentioned is too small - full with 2 people in it - but not sure what else they could do given the constraints of the Peak District National Park.
Did not stay over as only 20 minutes from home so cannot comment on the bedrooms.
Overall - highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, location and spa treatments - the spa pool, suana, steam room and hot tub area is small which is why we restrict numbers where we can.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Izaak Walton Hotel
Rutland Arms Hotel Bakewell
Cavendish Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow

Been to Losehill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!