“JUST ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!”

and 1 more site!
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during their fabulous 50% discount week in July. What an absolute bargain. We were allocated a mews apartment which was like a small house with an amazing amount of room. The hotel itself is charming with super spa facilities.The restaurant with its wonderful views was a delight. The food can only be described as "top notch".
Mr Roden the manager was very much hands on and took time to ask us for our comments.
A truly lovely experience and we will definitely go back.
As a foot note we went to the beautiful but much under publicised "well dressings" at Hayfield and Bamford which were in easy reach. This hotel would do well to add value by publicising these annual events as part of its appeal as it is a perfect base for us well dressing enthusiasts!!!
One final word.....GREAT!

1  Thank Chris P
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank-you for the kind words - its great to hear again how much you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Losehill House Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved our stay in this country hotel - beautiful location, relaxed atmosphere. The views from our rear facing deluxe room were delightful, the bedroom wasn't huge but was lovely with a very large bathroom (room 12) in pristine condition. The restaurant was light & airy and we enjoyed every meal we had...the evening meals were beautifully presented and just as good to eat! We loved the breakfast menu with waiter service (not the usual buffet)

The staff really deserve a mention, they were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble - they really contributed to the lovely, relaxed atmosphere which is what we were after. We were fortunate enough to get a special offer so it was wonderful value too. Would definitely return!

Lastly, contrary to previous reviews, the swimming pool temperature was fine and in fact positively inviting after the heat of the hot tub - which most definitely lived up to it's name! It was bliss to enjoy the outdoor hot tub looking across fields of sheep to the hills beyond, followed by a delicious cream tea!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and posted the review.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family stayed here for a wedding in July. The setting is perfect, the rooms are great but I have a couple of negatives. I asked if I could take breakfast outside as we took our dog and dogs are not allowed in the main hotel I was told rather rudely 'no' so I had to sit outside while the rest of the family had their breakfast without me - they would allow me to have coffee outside and they did bring the dog breakfast outside but not mine!!
I then went in on my own to have my breakfast, none of the tables had been cleared away so had to sit at a dirty table and then it actually took them 1 hour to serve my breakfast and when it eventually came I was not that impressed. I also found out that the buffet from the night before which we could have taken home if we would have liked was left in a warm room overnight and not placed in refrigerators so the food that was paid for had to be thrown away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CollinsonFamily

The wedding was a great success - I am sorry that we cannot serve meals outside on the terrace and lawns - from experience it is such a large area and so appealing that it quickly gets out of control - and can't be restricted to one man and his dog. Weddings parties usually have a great time at breakfast time sitting together on large tables - if 50 people arrive at the restaurant together service will be slower. I share the frustration about the wasted Buffet food but after a couple of hours at the table unfortunately it cannot be saved and be refrigerated to be sent home the following day.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a couple celebrating our wedding anniversary, this was perfect, booked through booking.com Glass of bubbly on the lawns with great views. Fixed menu only looked delicious, but a little pricey so we walked down to Cheddar Cheese for traditional pub fare.

Bed and linen very comfortable. Good range of walks, guides and maps.

Morning breakfast fantastic - traditional with lots of choice! Wedding anniversary well celebrated, thank you

1  Thank furrysporran

Thanks for the review - the dinner inclusive rates booked directly with the hotel are the best deals - perhaps next time you could enjoy dinner as well!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

If there's one thing I thought I would never do, it's sit in a hot tub looking over the Derbyshire Dales.... well I have now!

We recently had a night here as part of a small working group visit. I was very pleased with the location - beautiful with rolling hills and sheep in fields, green and pleasant.

Room wise, mine was large with a decent size bathroom and a large double bed. One thing I found a little odd was the fact there is a DAB radio in the room. If you can get reception good luck!!

Facilities were good, although the decor in the bar lounge area was more akin to a retirement home than a spa, being a bit dated with those large high back chairs. Drinks and food were quite pricey.

The spa facilities look like they have been wedged in. The pool is quite small, and the shock to my system was it was freezing! I had to jump into the hot tub to warm through!

Food wise, again good but nothing to excite. I thought the menu was actually rather limited and the full English breakfast was a bit light - but I guess using the word Spa means you can get away with it.

Finally, there was a rather pungent smell coming from the back of the hotel, which I think was emanating from the rather stagnant pond. So if you have a room at the back of the hotel, be aware when you open your windows!

Overall, a positive experience but one you will certainly pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bluejonny

We appreciate the feedback - However, we are very proud of the lounge furniture which is new hand made designer furniture from Derbyshire - so I hope i am lucky enough to go to a retirement home with £1,500 chairs and Farrow & Ball walls! The breakfast menu is served to the table rather than a buffet - so there is no spread on show but most people think its a great choice. The pool is cooler than the hot tub....so beware!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 1 night on a mini spa break on 8th July which included dinner and breakfast. We had a lovely room, clean and bright with fabulous views. The hotel staff, restaurant staff and the therapists for the spa treatments were all professional and friendly. The food looked fabulous and tasted delicious. I had rib eye of steak and my daughter had the lamb. For dessert there was peach bavarois and chocolate creme brulee. The breakfast menu was varied and there was plenty to eat. The hot tub was lovely but the pool was too cold for comfort.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank-you for the review - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay - we have resolved the hot hot tub and the pool at the regular 30 degrees C certainly feels warmer!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were satisfied with the room, the spa, and on the whole the service.
A group of us stayed for 2 nights, and 2 evening meals. We were a little disappointed with the food. The presentation of the food on the plate was worthy of an art prize. Some of the starters were very minimal, and bland.
I had lamb on the first night, out of three pieces of differenly cooked lamb, 2 were good 1 not so good, the 2nd evening 2 pieces of the beef were good 1 not so. The service was so different on each evening, first night good, 2 nd night sloppy. We never got the wine we ordered until the main course arrived, that was 18 people with no wine for the first course!!
the puddings were excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the feedback - our food is creative modern style and the menu changes by the day and is usually of a high standard offering a good range of options. We are working to achieve a greater consistency of service in the restaurant and take on board the comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Izaak Walton Hotel
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hathersage
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Losehill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!