“Fantastic B&B”

Ranked #5 of 6 Bradwell B&B and Inns
Wragby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic B&B”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend enjoy a great 2 nights at The Stoney Ridge B&B. We came to enjoy some cycling and sightseeing in the peak district and found the perfect hideaway.

The indoor swimming pool is a great bonus for a B&B and we used it twice every day before breakfast and in the afternoon.

The rooms are comfortable and they have all the amenities you can think of including Hair dryer, dressing gowns and even biscuits for your cuppas.

The local pubs are good especially the bowling green where we were made welcome by the staff.

The couple that ran the place would do anything for you and the breakfast was of top order.

We would certainly stay again and would have no hesitation on recommending to family and friends.

Thank you for the stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanandAnge
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 28 October 2014
Thank you for coming to stay with us, Glad you enjoyed the pool and the breakfasts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Olney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

As I forgot to write in the visitor book, I thought I'd write a review.
My husband and I have just returned from a very enjoyable 2 night stay at Stoney Ridge B & B. Our room was spacious and had everything we needed, king sized bed and en suite. Everything was spotless and well stocked including toiletries, tea and coffee and sweets.
The pool was a nice extra and we enjoyed a swim after a long walk in the Peaks.
Breakfast was excellent. The fruit salad was very fresh and tasty. The full English was delicious, the chickens in the garden provided the eggs. All served by the very pleasant proprietor and cooked by his wife.
The house has a stunning view from the front and this could be enjoyed from the guest lounge and patio as well as the front bedrooms.
There is a nice pub a few hundred yards away which had a good selection of beers and good pub food. Bit of a steep walk back but manageable.
I would definitely recommend Stoney Ridge!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JuWilko
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 28 October 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even the climb up the hill.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have just stayed at Stoney Ridge for two nights, beautiful location,stunning views, Helen and Richard give a very warm welcome,lovely bedroom ,with lots of extras.delicious breakfast. We enjoyed the walk to the local pub,tasty food and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much it was lovely to meet you.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My partner and I just got home from a 2 night break at Stoney Ridge. It's set in an absolutely beautiful location and after speaking with the owners before our arrival we changed to a front bedroom which has awesome views. We arrived after a long drive and were offered tea and coffee on arrival. The room and en suite were spotless. We had tea/coffee making facilities. Biscuits. Hair dryer. Gowns in the wardrobe. Sewing kit and even some plasters. They really have thought of everything. Fresh milk for drinks was available on request. Wifi was intermittent at times but definitely useable. Breakfast was a dream with free range eggs from their own chickens and, what I term as 'proper sausages'! If I had one point to make (and it's still not a criticism) the rooms are a little dated but I won't criticise just because a room isn't decorated to my taste. We had a 5 minute walk to the local pub The Bowling Green where the food was lovely and the people welcoming. Be warned though. The return journey is one hell of a short trek uphill! The second night we stopped off and got a couple of their takeaway pizzas which were as scrummy as the pub grub we'd had the night before. We really didn't want to leave and will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed March 2014
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hull
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hubby and me stayed for two nights. We have travelled the country and stayed at many places over the years. This was brilliant, such a friendly couple and lovely homely atmosphere. We were welcomed with tea and cake, so nice!
Rooms were lovely and everything clean with a few little thoughtful extras. We slept very well too.
The breakfasts were gorgeous and we bought some of their free range eggs when we left.
I asked for vegetarian sausages and it was no trouble. I often have trouble with other places not wanting to put themselves out for veggies but they were very understanding.
We tried the nearby Bowling Green pub both nights and the food was fabulous. We cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it was lovely to meet you
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The Den at Stoney Ridge

My husband and I (we are in our late 20s) booked a room at Stoney Ridge after seeing an offer for 2 nights for £100 and after a little mix up with the prices were looking forward to our stay due to all the good reviews.
We had to rely on public transport to get to it and the buses stop in Bradwell and it was only a 15 minutes walk up a rather steep hill but we were due to arrive early and were not able to find an open pub to spend an hour but they were very accommodating in allowing us to check in and put our bags in the room early.
The room we stayed in was called 'The Den' and it was a very 'cosy' room and by that I mean small but it's very clean with fresh towels daily and all the usual things you'd expect like a hairdryer, soap, shampoo and even an alarm clock. The bed was quite small and my husband and I aren't small people but we are used to a king sized bed at home so we've been spoiled, I would recommend the room for a single person or two slim & small people as I'm only 5 foot 9 and my feet almost stuck out the end of the bed but it's very soft.
We also took our fairly large well behaved dog along with us and she was welcomed with us.
The room was furnished with a lot of nick nacks and ornaments which we found to be dated although that's just our personal taste and I'm sure a lot of other people would like it.
There was a pool in the B&B (which is closed in the winter) and we used it a couple of times which was nice although you can only use it before breakfast and between 4pm and 7pm and you have to inform them so they can take the cover off the pool and unlock the door but that wasn't a problem as the owners are very friendly and accommodating.
We were welcomed and the owners were so friendly and even offered a lift in the mornings which was great as we didn't have a car and I would recommend it to friends and family (although I'm not sure if they have a downstairs room if you can't manage 6 or 7 stairs).
We set our alarm for 8am but we needn't have bothered as we were woken up at 6:30am by a loud family with 4 kids in the room next to us and then again the next morning by the kids knocking on the wall at 6:30am, but the owners were very apologetic and the family left the following day which was a relief.
Breakfast was lovely, absolutely delicious, everything was literally perfect for us and we couldn't have asked for anything else! (Except beans)
I can't say enough about how nice the owners were and we enjoyed several nice chats with them, we definitely will be back here when we can!
We even enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our stay by a night and paid a bit more than they asked for because we were so happy with the service and grateful for the lifts.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank princessleah1986
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks for for your kind comments, always got beans in the cupboard I used to put them on veggie breakfasts, but was asked so many times not to serve them I just keep them for emergencies.
Glad you generally enjoyed your stay with us, the bed you had was a standard double,but I am actually changing it to a single room January 2014.
Sorry about the noisy family, I have raised our age for children to 14+ as a result of that stay,
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Lovely place to stay. Warm welcome with a pot of tea and sultana bread. Comfortable bedroom and superb, well-cooked breakfast. Enjoyed hearing about the owners' travels around the globe.
Terrific views and lovely lounge for residents.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
R00tsie, Owner at Stoney Ridge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, it was so nice to meet you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradwell
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
Causeway House
Causeway House
#1 of 13 in Castleton

Been to Stoney Ridge? Share your experiences!