We have just got back from a two night break with friends at this hotel. The hotel is in a small village which has good access to lots of different places in the peak district so makes an ideal base. The rooms are very clean and have complimentary chocolates, grapes ,biscuits, sherry, tea and coffee. There is a hairdryer and an iron and ironing board in all the rooms. We stayed in room 2 at the front of the hotel and although it is on a main road we had the windows open all night and were not disturbed by any noise from traffic. The beds are extremely comfortable and we had 2 of the best nights sleep in quite a while.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We ate at the hotel on the first night of our stay and were not disappointed with the food. There were 6 of us in our group, we all have 3 course meals and not one of us had a bad word to say, in fact we all thoroughly enjoyed it.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samuel Fox Country Inn is situated in the pretty village of Bradwell in the heart of the Hope Valley in Derbyshire's peak District National park and offers breathtaking views from the bar and restaurant. The building underwent a full refurbishment in July 2008 and is modern and stylish while still managaing to retain its rustic charm. All of its rooms are delux double rooms with en-suite bathrooms; they have at least 26 inch flat screen televisions;internet access and coffee and tea facilities. In October 2012 the Inn was acquired by new manager and head chef, James Duckett in his first pub venture after an early career in the kitchens of fine dining restaurants in the UK, France, Netherlands and Australia and, more recently running his own restaurants in Devon and Andalucia. James is passionate about food and uses, wherever possible, good locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create mouthwatering dishes, for his 'blackboard' bar snacks and a la carte lunch and dinner menus alike. With two AA rosettes, fine food is a special feature of the Samuel Fox. However, there's also a very warm welcome awaiting those wishing to just enjoy a drink in comfortable and convivial surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Samuel Fox Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samuel Fox Country Hotel Bradwell
- Samuel Fox Country Inn Bradwell, Peak District National Park